[PS4] GT3 Championship -Friday GTRP Is the Champion!- Final Round @Spa 23rd julyOpen 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 541 comments
Hi, maybe posting this in the wrong section, but I'm interested in joining this league. Can race Sunday or Tuesday nights, is there still space? Thanks

I'm in for Spa. I've done a few hi 2.20's, beside that I'm in the 2.21's. If my schedule (hollyday with the wife...) allows me to practice serious, signs tells me 2.20's could be a lot more commen... I've think I've heard rumours of 1.18's, but never seen them myself ...Marco? ;-D

Suggestions to racedistances:
9 laps~ 20 min
17 laps ~ 40 min
?

I used to race this last year I think, before custom lobbies and the fastest I could get was 2.19s and saw others in 2.18s but so far in practices this week only getting 2.20s:tdown:
Looked for a setup video but this was before updates quite a while ago and it just seems impossible now but they get 2.16s wtf:scared::ouch::eek::confused: tried this setup but didn't make me any quicker because the updates after it ruined it.

Hi, maybe posting this in the wrong section, but I'm interested in joining this league. Can race Sunday or Tuesday nights, is there still space? Thanks

I think you can hop in, it's last round but try to be clean and safe to other drivers

I'm in for Spa. I've done a few hi 2.20's, beside that I'm in the 2.21's. If my schedule (hollyday with the wife...) allows me to practice serious, signs tells me 2.20's could be a lot more commen... I've think I've heard rumours of 1.18's, but never seen them myself ...Marco? ;-D

Suggestions to racedistances:
9 laps~ 20 min
17 laps ~ 40 min
?

Than it's 9/17

Sorry guys but the works in my house are getting finalized meaning I had even less time than usuals....

I think you can hop in, it's last round but try to be clean and safe to other drivers

Than it's 9/17

Sorry guys but the works in my house are getting finalized meaning I had even less time than usuals....
I'll sit out this one, just start in the new season.

I
I used to race this last year I think, before custom lobbies and the fastest I could get was 2.19s and saw others in 2.18s but so far in practices this week only getting 2.20s:tdown:
Looked for a setup video but this was before updates quite a while ago and it just seems impossible now but they get 2.16s wtf:scared::ouch::eek::confused: tried this setup but didn't make me any quicker because the updates after it ruined it.

Yeah, weird. I've seen driver's cut off big time at the end of the straight. This alone could maybe explain.
But also lots of going wide at certain corners seems to be attracktive for some kind of drivers. I guess its possible to gain from this too.
In my eyes its cheeting. But of cause it all depent on rulesets and type of lobbies. In open lobby the computer controls this only with it's famous penelty system. No rules say how to carry out the challange of getting first to the check-flag. It's therefor not possible to acuse anybody I guess ;)

@azidahaka I'm absolute satisfeid with your series, Karsten. As always!
I've might been doing quite some complaining over time but in the end I'm forced to eat every word again*
Thank you very much for creating this. You control your series with awesome confidance and great stile. I really apprechiate.

- - -

* On ocasions some ill temper of mine has caused me to speak far away from my intentions.
I still work on this...
I'd already apologize to Karsten but if anybody thinks I've been rude or behaived out of order I apologize up front here and now. Please. I'm listening whenever anybody speaks.
I'd like to thank all drivers. You gave me a splended 6(7) weeks of racing. If by any luck we meet again in future I'll look foreward to this.

Good racing tonight

Talking about future racing, how many of you would be ok with racing on Mondays or Tuesdays for next season?

Also, who would want a one make no tune serie?

Race 1. Bit iffy going into final chicane on last lap, just didn't know which way to go. Game didn't punish me but I am cool if you want the spot katsten

Race 2. It's cool little regret. I was leaving space and was off throttle. Was the lightest of touches, I'm surprised you went off.

Last edited:
@buybon355 really sorry about hitting you in the middle of race 2, got hasty and thought I was clear of you.

Also can't believe I completely binned it on the penultimate lap when I was on the podium, but that happens sometimes. Should have been a race-ending crash, but luckily got away with 5th.

It's been really exciting running this series.

I guess we'll ask other guys as stewards, not sure it would be appropriate to choose myself lol...
Everything up to the point where you and buy bon collided, that was just a racing incident. The question comes from whether buy bon's rejoin was corner-cutting. Looking back at the footage, you weren't coasting through there, but you weren't flooring it trying to get back in front. I say that karsten deserves the position, but the whole thing happened so quickly, and there was no ill-intent from anyone, as far as I could see.

btw what happened at @Friday_GTRP on last lap or R1?
First of all tanks for organizing this championship. If you want to organize one make tatuus is a god choice, maybe with fixed setup it will still behave good on most tracks.

After some mistakes in the first race 5th lap i somehow struggled with my tires resulting in presure from @Don Mejillone and @MarcoGT5 too bad Don made a mistake. Last lap i blew it in maison blanche throwing away the win and tried to get off the racing line and unfortunately blocked @buybon355 he had to go on the grass to avoid me. Sorry for that.

Qualy for 2nd race was a blast, managed to pull of 2:19,1 and could manage the tires until lap 15 had to cruise the last 2 laps to avoid running off track.

The races from my point of view:

Race 1:

Best lap Q2 :

Race 2:

Talking about future racing, how many of you would be ok with racing on Mondays or Tuesdays for next season?

Also, who would want a one make no tune serie?

Sundays work perfect for me so I'd be happy to stick with that. Not fussy about what we run next, still getting used to the game and it's tuning. Also learned 2 new tracks , imola and Mugello, so just happy to get some miles in. I'd run gt3 again on other tracks if there was a desire for that

My races: DC! Just when I'd plan on winning both races. Too bad.
Anyway hope my car got offline without any disturb. Actually my screen froze. I could only restart my PS4 and return for 2nd race. I had internet struggle from the point I wanted to join (19.30) up to start of 2nd race. Idk what happened. There just might seem to be systematic link to after joining open lobbies?
Before DC I manage to overtake @The35 I think it was. I guess it was a alright move, but have to admit I'm not 100% sure?. We did couple of corners side by side before I got in front...
t
I had a quit 2nd race. NDrivers got off track making me advance right up to the podium. @littleregret265 I'm sorry bout your crash last lap. No way I could keep up with your pace. Sorry, man!

Regarding future c'ship I have no specific prefer. I do like GT3, I would sure love a GT4 specially the Maserati. I'm all into openwheels but a standard-car series would be great too (yes, depending on the car). No prefer regarding day of the week

@Webschumi that was alright, no worries. :)

@azidahaka, Thank you for organizing this, you did a fantastic job there! Even though my pace was far out from you guys still enjoined a lot. :) For next series Tuesdays would be the best for me, but Sundays, Mondays also doable. And + one vote for Tatuus :)

Greetings to all from karsten.
After performing a survey most people in euro-zone we're ready to launch the serie.

Rules
Only cars allowed are GT3s. All drivers signing up should choose and keep one for the whole season and should notify it as soon as possible.

*Glickenhouse is not allowed*

Driving etiquette is standard GTP one; contacts are to be avoided as much as possible. In case of contacts of improper manouvers stewards may inflict a penalty. All users are welcome to save replays and ps4 recordings along with live streams.

Tuning is allowed, same is true for pitstops in case one would feel the need for them.

Racing Day

Qualifying

Qualy starts just before the race. We are having a 10 minutes Q session for Race 1 and a 15 minutes session for Race 2.

Race 1

Race 1 starts right after the Q session ends (20 seconds delay), and last for the equivalent in laps of 20 minutes.

Race 2
Race 2 starts right after the Q2 session ends (20 seconds delay), and last for the equivalent in laps of 40 minutes.

Realism settings

Only real life driving aids are allowed and damages are set to "full".

Points and scores
Points are assigned differently for Race 1 and Race 2

Race 1

10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1

Race 2

18-14-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1

Racing Day is .....*sunday*

Race will start at 8GMT/BST
Hi, I was wondering if there were any openings for the next season. If so I would be interested. My PSN is XbrocktonhockeyX.

Back