[PS4] GT3 Championship -Friday GTRP Is the Champion!- Final Round @Spa 23rd julyOpen 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 541 comments
Big lag bump lap 2 with @Markeeez18 sorry bud your car teleported in front of mine its on my live stream ill post it later

No worries I know it wasn't intentional, It's just frustrating leading and then out of nowhere a car lags into me when it was nowhere near.

I'm not going to participate anymore until I can get this lag under control, I also just dont have the time for this series and although I can be quick occasionally, I dont have time to practise and set my car up and I'm more at risk to others when I turn up on the night with no practise.

I will still keep updated with everyone and maybe race when I'm on :)

Gd luck to everyone. :gtpflag:

First race pretty ok, one big mistake :boggled:

Second race I received a penalty of 5 seconds, but I did not saw it and was disqualified :banghead:

cu next time....

First off,thanks for having me.
Race 1 went ok,bit of a spin late on at turn 1 but recovered to 3rd I think,more down to luck than outright pace.

Race 2 I screwed myself by starting with 10 litres of fuel on board,doh!!!
End of lap 1 fuelstop cost me big but by lap 12 I could see cars a few corners ahead. Lap 12 was also when I threw it in the sand and lost all the time I'd made up

Called it a day and retired myself.

No worries I know it wasn't intentional, It's just frustrating leading and then out of nowhere a car lags into me when it was nowhere near.

Here is the video, happens around 26 min 30 secs

I'm not going to participate anymore until I can get this lag under control, I also just dont have the time for this series and although I can be quick occasionally, I dont have time to practise and set my car up and I'm more at risk to others when I turn up on the night with no practise.

Are you using wireless or wired ?, If your using wireless try wired if possible.

Race review

Race 1:

as usual things went bad >:

At the start someone slept over as usual and a huge mess was barely avoided, then on turn 3 another pileup for a car standing still on track or god knows what... Well, my usual frikking race since round one, in last position, damaged car and starting over 10+ seconds behind. All in all went pretty ok, recovered until seventh, had a scratch with @andrew1990 (sorry mate) and a very good battle with @Friday_GTRP (what happened to you man?) i honestly was sure i would take him over but he resisted strenuosly and we also had a contact so i guess that was ok :P

Race2:

Guess what? A great clean start, all smooth from all drivers! O_o wow guys we you want you can lol :D

As for me, i had the usual great luck. @MarcoGT5 made in my opinion a very very optimistic (and silly concede this to me) attempt to pass me at the gt chicane that gave me a shunt, damage and parked me in fornt of the wall. Again, race beginning :embarrassed:

I guess i'm the only one complaining or the only one that had such stuff all races since the start of the serie... I guess my luck can only improve now.

oh well back to the race, again in last position a good 20 seconds behind second to last driver... took 12 laps to catch @andrew1990 and @The35 , managed to pass them and move slowly on and on. Taking advantage of a couple dcs ( @Don Mejillone @GT Flaw ) i ended a miracolous sixth.

For not forgetting i made points right away:

Ia2SZC1.png

With just 2 races to go, @Friday_GTRP seems to have the serie in his pocket already, with @MarcoGT5 in solid second. Third place is a great battle with @Markeeez18 that looked like could aim higher but had a bad streak of results and bad luck, and @Webschumi .

@littleregret265 had a great race week witha win and a third. Further below in the standings @azidahaka keep up his colorless season with not a single podium so far, while newcomer @GT Flaw god a podium first try! great showdown for a newcomer.

@hasslemoff keep his record of either doing great or doing nothing with a brilliant 2nd and sitting out on race 1. @andrew1990 and @The35 completed their races and gathered a bit more experience and points.

to close things up, where is @Garykavanagh and @buybon355 ?

I will still keep updated with everyone and maybe race when I'm on :)

Gd luck to everyone. :gtpflag:

Understood. Such a shame though.
I was pretty amazed by your speed on those ocasions. Thank you
Good luck out there

First race pretty ok, one big mistake :boggled:

Second race I received a penalty of 5 seconds, but I did not saw it and was disqualified :banghead:

cu next time....

Oh! You disappeared right in front of me (well 1-200m). Too bad. Next time. Cu

First off,thanks for having me.
Race 1 went ok,bit of a spin late on at turn 1 but recovered to 3rd I think,more down to luck than outright pace.

Race 2 I screwed myself by starting with 10 litres of fuel on board,doh!!!
End of lap 1 fuelstop cost me big but by lap 12 I could see cars a few corners ahead. Lap 12 was also when I threw it in the sand and lost all the time I'd made up

Called it a day and retired myself.

Very nice to race with you. You were d... fast! ...but then again - no fuel... ;-)
Yeah, that was a shame too. You went from 3rd I believe. Hope to see you again

-- -- --

I'm really sorry 'bout my start 1st race. I was trying to activate recording, and suddently I was far away in under-option about memory-types and stuff. It took time to get back to the game. I'lll really need to attend to these kind of trouble. I will!

@littleregret265 Thanks for some fine close race, and a sweaty pursuit almost all of 2nd race. I really enjoyed that, -well, except you stayed on your position. Very well done I think.
Edit: And a win 1st race!!!? Wow, big congret!!!

@Friday_GTRP Congret on your fast laps, and your win! Great job!!

Last edited:
Understood. Such a shame though.
I was pretty amazed by your speed on those ocasions. Thank you
Good luck out there

Oh! You disappeared right in front of me (well 1-200m). Too bad. Next time. Cu

Very nice to race with you. You were d... fast! ...but then again - no fuel... ;-)
Yeah, that was a shame too. You went from 3rd I believe. Hope to see you again

-- -- --

I'm really sorry 'bout my start 1st race. I was trying to activate recording, and suddently I was far away in under-option about memory-types and stuff. It took time to get back to the game. I'lll really need to attend to these kind of trouble. I will!

@littleregret265 Thanks for some fine close race, and a sweaty pursuit almost all of 2nd race. I really enjoyed that, -well, except you stayed on your position. Very well done I think.
Edit: And a win 1st race!!!? Wow, big congret!!!

@Friday_GTRP Congret on your fast laps, and your win! Great job!!
Yeah, it was a great race, I was afraid I was gonna throw that podium away.

1st race went bad for me as i spun out in the 1st corner, had a intense battle with @Markeeez18, i'm sorry for contact, thought i left enough room.
Then in my eagerness to make up ground i went off and damaged the car and had to race 6 laps with a uncontrolable car.
2nd race was smooth, had some good pressure from @littleregret265 until he came on the gravel.

One side note : When Qualifying is over everybody who went over finnish line before time ends has the right to finnish that lap, can we start skipping session lets say 2 minutes after official time ends ?

Hope to see you all on the Red Bull Ring

Race 1 :

Race 2:

Thanks guys, I enjoyed both races. In general I still have lack of consistency and speed, but at least it was great chase with @Ajh-1990, great race bud!

PS: Sorry for any bumps during the races!

1st race went bad for me as i spun out in the 1st corner, had a intense battle with @Markeeez18, i'm sorry for contact, thought i left enough room.
Then in my eagerness to make up ground i went off and damaged the car and had to race 6 laps with a uncontrolable car.
2nd race was smooth, had some good pressure from @littleregret265 until he came on the gravel.

One side note : When Qualifying is over everybody who went over finnish line before time ends has the right to finnish that lap, can we start skipping session lets say 2 minutes after official time ends ?

Hope to see you all on the Red Bull Ring

Race 1 :

Race 2:

This game is silly. If you don't start skipping it would go on and on for hours if people keep getting in and out of track since there's always another car entitled to finish it's lap

Thanks guys, I enjoyed both races. In general I still have lack of consistency and speed, but at least it was great chase with @Ajh-1990, great race bud!

PS: Sorry for any bumps during the races!

Great fun! I've got the consistency and you have the edge on pace. Looking forwards to the same again next week :)

@hasslemoff keep his record of either doing great or doing nothing with a brilliant 2nd and sitting out on race 1.

Yea had to take over a minute pitstop because of the damage in the first race then came across you and Friday battling on track so just stuck behind and went for a fast last lap.

So far i've wiped someone out without realizing :dunce:, got a 2 minute pen for missing a breaking point, slept in at the start and a Lag crash but its all been fun racing barring the 1st race incident.

Thanks for hosting and putting up with me @azidahaka

As for pressing skip after quali does it not go to the race once everyone has finished there quali run, as Friday said if you pass over the line before the flag comes out it lets you finish the lap.

So far getting 1.31s but should manage to get 1.30s. I tried a setup that was supposed to be faster but felt slower for me, they were getting 1.29s. The man reckons the Huracan is best on this track but I am average driver. Maybe I should try a gaming monitor.

Had a quick go at this, but can't get any heat into the tyres, even when on the softs. They're still green going into turn 1, but cold blue into turn 2, same again for turn 3. Only really get green going round the last two corners. If I reduce the pressure will this help? Car feels great, so don't really want to mess about with anything else.

Had a quick go at this, but can't get any heat into the tyres, even when on the softs. They're still green going into turn 1, but cold blue into turn 2, same again for turn 3. Only really get green going round the last two corners. If I reduce the pressure will this help? Car feels great, so don't really want to mess about with anything else.

Reducing pressures will help with temperatures but will increase wear. Play around with it and see what works for you on each wheel. Won't necessarily match up!

Yeah, it was a great race, I was afraid I was gonna throw that podium away.
Yeah, I can imagine you were - lol.
And so of cause I couldn't neither stop thinking on these earlier comments from you while I hung on your tale. And that happened for quite some laps. Impossible not to ease it a bit whenever I got close enough to start scan for potential chances. :-D
Never got a chance though. Seemed you had a bit extra(?). I sure pushed my best to stay with you. Not possible (for me) in such a long run
Not being able to stay at your pace nor overtake I easely live with that (atm of cause) enjoying watching you win more than just a position on me I'm sure.
Now, I'll go into Very serious practice mode for Red bull ring to find that little extra. Now you know... ;-)

Honestly, I get addicted by racing such as this (also gets to my nerves at the same time. That's part of it - strange)

And to answer @azidahaka at the same time, I'm at 1, 30, 8 atm. Mostly doing 1, 31's

All adjustments is quistion of compremises :-)
But I too find you nearly have to drift every corner at Red Bull to keep tires warm.
Did you check air-temp?
I think we use to race in like 24º "ambient" temp. Asphalt temp varies depenting on location. Maybe you incidently pushed temp-button? :-)

I also find same as @andrew1990. I'd like to add that I understood that it's the temp more than the actual pressure that decites tirewear.
Also camber should affect tiretemp. The more (negative) camber the easier tires get warmer.
I for instances had prob. to get heat in right front tire. I therefor added negative camber to that tire specific.

Of cause none of this helps nothing, if the car just moves to slow in the corners :-) That's VERY important ;-) ...Actually it's an pretty usefull indicator regarding generel pace -to me...

I do concern about tire temp a lot. I aim at same temp all way round (within 2-3º range). Often not possible at all sections. And maybe not possible on all tracks.
I check constantly 1st practice's, then occasionly 3-4 times every lap when rough adjustments done.

Hope some of it is usefull

Otherwise keep studying.
lol

(sorry bout some editing. I'm too fast on hitting "send"-button ...it seems I'm fast in lots of aspects, I must conclude ...well well)

Last edited:
Thanks @Webschumi i'll try adding more camber and I'll drop the pressures a little too. I had actually taken some camber off compared to my last race in mugello, as there aren't too many long sweeping corners to lean the tyres on. I've never tried having a different set up left to right, but I suppose it makes sense to use it if it's available.

I'll update once I've had a try

Latest Posts

Back