[PS4]-GT3 World Championship-COMPLETEDFinished 

Start Time of 21:00 or 17:00 BST for two races clashing with F1

• 21:00 BST/16:00 EST

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • 17:00 BST / 12:00 EST

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Skaankypuppy Are we really going to qualy for 45 minutes!? that seems a problem for me since we have 2 races; that way we would spend 90 minutes in qualy+ 30x2 in race+ a few minutes of warmup and race 1/2 change... I fear we might finishe really late in the night.

Well. Qualy probably will start at 7.15 (8.15) as its 45mins not 15mins. Race around 8pm (9pm) approx. 4 laps x 7mins or so give or take= 28mins. 8.30pm (9.30) end of race one. 1h 15mins in total. Race two will be finished around 10pm (11pm) your time.

So Karsten don't worry about a late finish. As its the end of the Championship worry about how many beers or shorts you can consume before its to late. That more important. :crazy:.

Well. Qualy probably will start at 7.15 (8.15) as its 45mins not 15mins. Race around 8pm (9pm) approx. 4 laps x 7mins or so give or take= 28mins. 8.30pm (9.30) end of race one. 1h 15mins in total. Race two will be finished around 10pm (11pm) your time.

So Karsten don't worry about a late finish. As its the end of the Championship worry about how many beers or shorts you can consume before its to late. That more important. :crazy:.

im in for second qualification, only 15 minutes,.. you have got your setup,... a lap takes 7 minutes
you can do a tryout and a hot lap.

I see the weather is good for today, lots of sunny spells.......... Better for racing!

im in for second qualification, only 15 minutes,.. you have got your setup,... a lap takes 7 minutes
you can do a tryout and a hot lap.

Well yes if you don't do this
bmw-m3-crashed-on-nu-2_800x0w.jpg

on your fast lap. Then another 7mins out lap so your all ready at 21+mins gone.

It has been posted on first page of this thread a week now by championship founder:

FINAL RACE!
13th Dec - Nürburgring Nordschleife - GER [20:00 GMT/15:00 EDT]
[Qualifying for Nordschleife will be 45 minutes, not 15, due to track length]

This race will only run half hour later than the others if that if we start on time.

I'll be setting up the room once I get back home in a hour or so. I will run practice until 19:15, then a 45 minute quali session. Second quali can be either 20 or 30 minutes. Races will be a few minutes shorter than normal, so everything should finish more or less on time.

Again, apologies for not being about much, I have been incredibly busy with many things. This is the last one, so hang in there!

Christmas dinner with colleagues this weekend. Done 0 laps of practice. Although I kinda now the track I have never run a GT3 car around it. Should be interesting.

Guys, great race 1!

I'm sure papa skaanky was proud of how smooth all was and how clean the race was! :gtpflag:

I:bowdown: to all racers for an amazing first season and final race.

Btw what happened in race 2 on the first corners? I saw weisda3 all on the side and went smashing into me leaving with car as junk... Had a good recover from 16th to 7th i think but couldn't even use 6th gear anymore :D

Also GT4s are GREAT fun guys! Give them a try, i'm already in love with them!

Well sorry for him and sad for my race, at least i recovered a bunch of positions so i was right in keeping on racing ;)

Sorry Karsten...I think Skaanky and I had the magnet glitch on the 1st turn. Then it sent me into the wall and bounced off into the middle of the track. I couldn't do anything about it.

Good racing all!

I watched race 2 on @DropBuckets stream, big well do to him 👍 after being bashed around on about turn 8, his car was totaled and had to limp round in 1st gear to the pits, that was a challenge in its self well done mate 👍

Yeah Zak, poor @DropBuckets 'Sadshooter' had more hits than Elvis at the start of race 2.....People forgot where the brake was it seemed.

It's a shame the game doesn't have a magic button, that way. like a spell, your car can be repaired on the spot.

Sometimes you need a co-pilot like this guy:

image-jpeg.489344

Overall we had two good races, we have a bunch of nice guys in the series so it's expected that we can have some proper close racing but unfortunately there's always something on the way to prevent from having a race without any issues. It's either lag, wheel vibrations or any other thing. I feel after Catalunya races I wasn't really able to put the results I was aiming for, in terms of pace I could see I had it but it is what it is ^^

I'll share my both races, 1st race killer_ramsay had a moment and I couldn't really avoid him, his car slided right into the place I was trying to pass, after that damage and I really had to pit, went down to P11 and moved my way back up to P4 in the end.

2nd race started all wrong as well, MCGERTY lagged pretty bad which created some chaos behind me, I was just trying to go carefully to prevent damaging my car, after some touching in Sector 1 I wasn't sure if my car had some damage or not, but with all those things I was around 3s behind MCGERTY and so I was pushing to close the gap as soon as possible, unfortunately my car was a bit damaged and in the straight I was losing way too much time, decided not to pit in the end of L1 and went on my way to L2, in L2 and approaching end of Sector 2 I made a mistake and I said hello to the rails lol, had to pit by the end of the lap but didn't lose much time, came out of pits in P3 and remained there until the end of the race, finally with proper pace, similar to ramsay's and we were the quickest on the field 👍

Race 1:

Race 2:

Now let's enjoy Christmas break and decide what to do in future series :cheers:

Last edited:
Good race guys. enjoyed it especially qualifying with Ramsey and Pedroeol qualifying two.

Lag issue's in race two not for the first time in this championship room host was changed from race 1 to race 2. Future championships this needs to be addressed even it takes five minutes to set up. Its no big deal. But it is when someone is taking out in race. So I would strongly recommend as a rule in future racing no host change.

Pedroeol@ turn off that sun glare mate it only hampers you in racing. If you think about it its only a gimmick by SMS to make game look good. It doesn't happen in real life.

THANK YOU SKAANKY FROM ALL IN THE GT3 SERIES

I and my fellow race mate's want to thank Papa Skaanky for your time, effort and dedication and also patience in the running of GT3 series. I personally have not so much fun racing not even in GT5. It has been a great series from start to finish with many epic battle's from fellow competitors down through the field.

We all appreciate your time and effort you have put in and most of all your leadership. We has a racing community need series like this to build friends and friendship on and off track. We all have made new friends and hard racers over this championship. So from all of us THANK YOU.:cheers:

Pedroeol@ turn off that sun glare mate it only hampers you in racing. If you think about it its only a gimmick by SMS to make game look good. It doesn't happen in real life.

Lol will do mate, didn't put much time into adjusting those little things, mostly focusing in driving and enjoying ^^

Anyway @Over Active congratz on the overall win, from what I can see you deserved it!! It was a pleasure to have raced with you and all the others, hopefully we can continue racing in upcoming series!!

We got to the end...(just)! It was great racing everyone and apologies for my desperate attempts at trying to connect for race one quali (I hope my connecting and disconnecting didn't screw up anyones laps). I finally managed to get in with 6 minutes left. I had the most wheel/connection and game issues trying to get to that that 1st race, than any time in the whole series. I had wheel glitches, disconnects, game crashes....the lot.

Congratulations McGerty. A well deserved series win!

Yeah tough final weekend guys, I said I'd stick it out to the end. Eh @Welshy420 sent a pretty message yesterday after the mad race 2 start. I tried to save video clip but the only footage is from my stream. I couldn't control the car after going off and being hit, check out 42:00 to 43:00. I drove 15mins to get back to pits if I wanted to ruin other races I'd just quit after that. Also I wouldn't stream..

Final season Standings

Congratulations McGerty, well done fella, your pace in the final round sealed it. Great racing as always!

R12_Final Standings.JPG

R12_Nurburgring_Races.JPG

Thanks everyone who took part throughout the series, it is a pity the game patches quite often made things worse and we lost drivers with wheel issues. It was fun racing everybody. Until another time :cheers::gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back