[PS4]Killzone ShadowfallPS4 

Many people got texts from gamestop telling them they could pick up their preorders tomorrow. Gotta admit Sony's plan to release everything early is building a stronger hype, are they going to release the PS4 early? I doubt

Yeah, I received that text although it says Killzone 4 is ready to be picked up. I may stop by in the next day or 2 to get it.

Easily the launch title I am looking forward to the most. Have loved KZ since the first PS2 title and have been lucky enough to Beta test both KZ2 and 3 on the PS3.

I hope that the multiplayer is closer to KZ2, as the balance for KZ3 with the cloak was never right (despite KZ3 having some really nice maps).

Not a huuuge fan of the series (I bought the trilogy anyway), but this game really seems to make a big step forward.

Probably going to be one of my first buys (oh watchdogs...).

I've been tempted to go ahead and pick up my copy at GameStop since they've removed the removed the street date but I know it'll just make the wait for the console even longer. I've been a big fan of the series since the original on PS2 (where it was touted as the Halo killer) and each game has just been better and better. The game looks fantastic and I'm really looking forward to trying it out with the new DualShock 4.

Gorilla Games uploaded a short, very high bitrate, 1080p/60fps multiplayer video on their website today, sure hope your PC's are good enough to appreciate this. The site itself has ground to a halt, but the direct link for the download is working (and it's >500mb). Some people on other forums are struggling with download speeds here too but it only took me 35 seconds?

Direct download is here

Damn, and this is a launch title... What will devs achieve in a few years time?

Gorilla Games uploaded a short, very high bitrate, 1080p/60fps multiplayer video on their website today, sure hope your PC's are good enough to appreciate this. The site itself has ground to a halt, but the direct link for the download is working (and it's >500mb). Some people on other forums are struggling with download speeds here too but it only took me 35 seconds?

Direct download is here

Damn, and this is a launch title... What will devs achieve in a few years time?
Thanks - just tried getting this and got stuck at the front page. Downloading now.

Some pretty bad reviews out there. I felt before hand this game wouldn't fare well.
I thought the bad reviews were due to PSN for the PS4 only being up for a few days now, meaning that most reviewers haven't had much chance to seriously look at the MP aspect of the launch games.

From what I read, it seems really good, fun Multiplayer and looks incredible. Series has stepped up.

read there was a rather idiotic review somewhere, I think it was the Polygon review.

I thought the bad reviews were due to PSN for the PS4 only being up for a few days now, meaning that most reviewers haven't had much chance to seriously look at the MP aspect of the launch games.

Not really. If anything they say MP is good to average.

Its Metacritic is 74, with one bad (5/10 review and one high review (9/10) the rest around the 7/10 to 8/10.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/killzone-shadow-fall

Personally I would class that as overall good, but not exceptional; rather than bad.

Two more have been added, a 60 and 67.

I watched the polygon and Rev3 games review and one other I forget. They're quite disparaging about many aspects of the game which stand out to me rather than scores. Maybe bad reviews was a little much.

On metacritic I also take into account the other main Killzone games 2/3 getting 91 and 84. To me its quite a drop in quality and turned into a boring showcase. Some may argue that's what its always been but this is much more characterless and obvious, a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
Two more have been added, a 60 and 67.
And around ten more have been added that scored in the 70 to 88 range.

On metacritic I also take into account the other main Killzone games 2/3 getting 91 and 84. To me its quite a drop in quality and turned into a boring showcase. Some may argue that's what its always been but this is much more characterless and obvious, a missed opportunity.
Its a drop of 10 points (on a scale of 100) from KZ3, which while disappointing doesn't make it a bad title at all. Personally the scores are not poor enough to put me off and I will be more than happy enough to give it a go (after which I may well change my mind - in either direction).

Back