PS4 or PS5? Which Version Of GT7 Are You Buying?

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 499 comments

PS4 or PS5 - Which Version Of GT7 Are You Planning to Buy?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 190 26.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 199 27.4%
  • Both but NOT 25th Anniversary

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • 25th Anniversary (includes PS4 and PS5)

Votes: 294 40.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 25 3.4%

• Total voters
I can't see gt coming to PC unless there was an announcement I am unaware of but if it did go to PC I have the hardware to run it so I would welcome that

I‘ve purchased the PS4/PS5 version. It cost NZ$15 more than the PS4 version but when i finally am able to get a PS5 I will get to upgrade at no extra charge. I figured it is cheaper to do it this way than to go with the PS4 option and then pay to upgrade later on for however many NZ$ that will cost.

Last edited:
I have a PS4 upstairs and PS5 downstairs. So I bought the PS4 disc. I use it in the PS5. I can't work out why I'd pay £10 to "upgrade" to the PS5 version. Load times are great, graphics are 4k. The only thing I think I'm missing is haptic feedback. Anyone know what else I would get for the £10 upgrade?

I bought both versions. Also to compare the two, but now I only play on the PS5. Mainly because the loading times are a lot faster and ofcourse the graphics.

I have a PS4 upstairs and PS5 downstairs. So I bought the PS4 disc. I use it in the PS5. I can't work out why I'd pay £10 to "upgrade" to the PS5 version. Load times are great, graphics are 4k. The only thing I think I'm missing is haptic feedback. Anyone know what else I would get for the £10 upgrade?
I read somewhere that the PS5 has "3D audio" whatever that means. Also the PS5 version plays in 4K while the PS4 version on a PS5 is only upscaled.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the PS5 has "3D audio" whatever that means. Also the PS5 version plays in 4K while the PS4 version on a PS5 is only upscaled.
Cheers Mike, yes I think you need the specific headset for that audio. Interesting on the upscale 4k comment. Would be good to see the comparison. I know it's only £10 but seems like a waste of money to me :s

3D audio is not for headset but for the stereo speakers in the TV or audio system. It simulates 3D/surround sound.
It's for both. The PS5 headset Sony sells is even optimized for it. ....the "Pulse 3D" wireless headset although any comatible headset will work.

This blurb is from Sony describing the PS5 3D audio:

"Powered by Tempest 3D AudioTech, the PS5 console can put you at the center of incredibly immersive soundscapes where it feels as if the sound comes from every direction. Enable 3D audio for your TV speakers or compatible headphones by following the steps below to enjoy three-dimensional sound."

Yeah, it simulates 3D sound in headphones just as some simulate surround like the Sony Gold headset did that I used to use with my PS4. It actually does help with directional sound.

Last edited:
Imho the PS5 upgrade is worth it already for the DualSense haptics alone. This said, the visual difference is also pretty staggering.

PS5 version has faster loading time. There is a noticeable difference between PS5 running PS5 version and PS5 running PS4 version, though it's not as big compare to the difference between PS5 and PS4 (or PS4 vs PS4+SSD). Even your cursor movement gets smoother when you're running PS5 version. You also get somewhat better graphics.

Bought me a used PS4 upgraded with a big SSD & the digital version of the plain game off course, no money-cheating here.
Been thinkin a while about leaving microsoft & go back to PS/GT, well here I am!

This on a 50" plasma TV & a 250 kilo stereo-system (old audiophile)

stereoen red.jpg

Last edited:
Best case scenario, they come out with a PC version and i just get that.
otherwise, probably neither seeing as how most PS5s are expensive as hell and getting a PS4 in the modern day is kind of dumb since it'll be outdated in a few years (yes, i don't own a PS4.)

It's for both. The PS5 headset Sony sells is even optimized for it. ....the "Pulse 3D" wireless headset although any comatible headset will work.

This blurb is from Sony describing the PS5 3D audio:

"Powered by Tempest 3D AudioTech, the PS5 console can put you at the center of incredibly immersive soundscapes where it feels as if the sound comes from every direction. Enable 3D audio for your TV speakers or compatible headphones by following the steps below to enjoy three-dimensional sound."

Yeah, it simulates 3D sound in headphones just as some simulate surround like the Sony Gold headset did that I used to use with my PS4. It actually does help with directional sound.
No 3d audio system will ever be as good as EAX in the late 90s was. now THAT was sound!

Bought me a used PS4 upgraded with a big SSD & the digital version of the plain game off course, no money-cheating here.
Been thinkin a while about leaving microsoft & go back to PS/GT, well here I am!

This on a 50" plasma TV & a 250 kilo stereo-system (old audiophile)

View attachment 1121576
Mind if I ask what in the mother of god is that system called? And might I get ask for a bigger pic :D, looks awesome.

I got the PS5 anniversary edition as it has the disc for PS5 and a code for PS4, and I'm playing it on a ps4 pro until prices become reasonable.

Mind if I ask what in the mother of god is that system called? And might I get ask for a bigger pic :D, looks awesome.

I got the PS5 anniversary edition as it has the disc for PS5 and a code for PS4, and I'm playing it on a ps4 pro until prices become reasonable.
The sound-system? Speakers are my own creation; asymertic,no absorbers,minimalistic 1.st order filter, fast drivers, thick solid core wiring aso. Finetuned over many years but untouched the last 20yrs.

While building them I "happened" to discover the secrets of audio-wiring. That is; how to do perfect audio-wiring. This again made me rebuild/upgrade my Electrocompaniet poweramp into a powermonster. And my old 22kilo hotted-up Denon CD-player. Got a 1966 Sony TTS-1800A "slightly modified", a Nakamishi RX autoreverse cassettedeck (turns the cassette) and a (modified) Behringer professional DAC.

What I can do to a allready good sound-system is abot the same as a dragracer can do to a car. Jumped off this hifi-train after finishing my speakers, most other hifi-nuts never comes down..

Btw; noticed the "cabinet" I`ve got my stuff stuffed in? It`s an old tv-cabinet :cool:
2.jpg
6.jpg
13.jpg

Does anyone know if I buy the digital PS5 version can I also download and play it on my PS4, obviously using the same PS account? My daughter has a PS5 and she occasionally lets me play on it lol

Thanks

Does anyone know if I buy the digital PS5 version can I also download and play it on my PS4, obviously using the same PS account? My daughter has a PS5 and she occasionally lets me play on it lol

Thanks
Hmm, I know that it is poosible to first buy the PS4 version and then later pay ten euros and upgrade to the PS5-version..

Thanks
The digital PS5 version of the game should have come with the purchase of the PS5 copy. Given you're both on the same PS+ account, you should be able to download the PS4 copy to your system.

If you two are using different user names / PSN accounts (on the same PS+ account), then I believe you will need to log in as the main user on your PS4 and download the game (IIRC). If that's you then no worries.

Back