PS4 or PS5? Which Version Of GT7 Are You Buying?

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 499 comments

PS4 or PS5 - Which Version Of GT7 Are You Planning to Buy?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 190 26.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 199 27.4%
  • Both but NOT 25th Anniversary

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • 25th Anniversary (includes PS4 and PS5)

Votes: 294 40.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 25 3.4%

• Total voters
I have preordered 25th Aniv. disc version (for PS5).
Console? I don't have one so I have to take care of it...
Same here. Unlike a few others at the Planet, the PlayStations have the best game library for me, so I have to get a PS5. I also checked the PS5 box before I saw there was a 25th Anniversary option.

TL;DR
Planning to go the PS4 path because I’m expecting acceptable load times on my Pro with its external SSD, and I want to avoid buying a new wheel.

—————————————

Some are suggesting that “faster load times” would justify the switch from PS4 to PS5.

Frankly, I can’t see it unless GT7 turns out to be way “heavier” than GTS.

The GTS startup load time on my PS4 Pro is quite acceptable to me at 35 seconds. Loading 20 different cars and the long version of the Nordschliefe is only taking 30 seconds.

Okay, so I’m cheating a bit by putting my games on an external 1TB SSD. In my case, the SSD is “free” because I had to replace it with a larger one on my old MacBook Pro, so it’s simply been repurposed from Mac to PlayStation.

My other motivation is that I’m not too sure that the ancient wheel I use on my PS4 would be compatible with PS5/GT7. I may be able to defer the expense of a new wheel by sticking with PS4.

That said, I won’t be pre-ordering until I know more.

You'd be able to purchase it from either Brand Central or one of the other car shops
I wouldn't be too sure about that. In GT Sport you can't buy the R18 LeMans either (only get it by pure luck) while the Gr.4 Supra is locked away aswell. Just like the RX Vision Stealth Model will be. It specifically calls it the "Toyota Supra GT500 '97 (Castrol Tom's)". There may be a regular "Toyota Supra GT500 '97" available to buy, like there is with the Skyline GT500. Difference will only be the livery just like with the R18 LeMans or the Mercedes VGT LH Edition but it still counts as a different vehicle. Of course you can still slap an "aftermarket" Castrol livery on it but who knows if it misses a few mods or something else.

Maybe the PS4 version but only in the future, with a discount. Prices here aren't nice and maybe I skip the PS5 if the things doesn't improve. Meanwhile, I hope the GTS servers don't shut down.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. In GT Sport you can't buy the R18 LeMans either (only get it by pure luck) while the Gr.4 Supra is locked away aswell. Just like the RX Vision Stealth Model will be. It specifically calls it the "Toyota Supra GT500 '97 (Castrol Tom's)". There may be a regular "Toyota Supra GT500 '97" available to buy, like there is with the Skyline GT500. Difference will only be the livery just like with the R18 LeMans or the Mercedes VGT LH Edition but it still counts as a different vehicle. Of course you can still slap an "aftermarket" Castrol livery on it but who knows if it misses a few mods or something else.
That's a valid point.

Seriously, I've said it before, but glad I don't have to look from the outside, waiting to play this game. Of course, it's always a choice ot buy a game, but not having a PS5 and having to read all the comments, watching videos, good and bad points of the game, not knowing how long until I get a PS5, that'd suck.
Having waited for GTS was different. GT7 appears to have the goods. Still waiting to see how all the features come together, but this game is more to my liking.

I had a voucher code for the ps store so topped up with cash and pre ordered the digital 25th anniversay edition,i never bought anything but standard editions of gran turismo before so decided to`push the boat out on`this one.
I am looking forward to its release,though with so little new content over gt sport i hope im not going to be disappointed,just my opinion not wishing for heated discussion.:lol:

The launch edition comes with it as well, at least here in the US.
I think its only for pre-orderes regardless of which edition you buy?
I know different regions do different bonuses but i think the Supra,Rx-vision and Porsche are only available through pre-orders,i may be wrong though depending where you live.

Last edited:
I think its only for pre-orderes regardless of which edition you buy?
I know different regions do different bonuses but i think the Supra,Rx-vision and Porsche are only available through pre-orders,i may be wrong though depending where you live.
I'm not too sure if they were just asking about the 25th anniversary edition or trying not to pre-order. But you don't need the 25th anniversary edition to get that car. It also comes with the launch edition.

Then I'm assuming the code will be included inside the game case. So if there are still launch edition copies on the shelf, the cars should also be included.

I don't know how it would work digitally, since they could pull the plug much sooner on the launch edition and just switch over to a regular edition upon release. Though I think they would want to keep it for a bit of time to entice people to buy the game sooner.

It's confusing (What games aren't these days) but when there is a specific, unique "Day One Edition" or "Launch Edition" of a game then the codes for the bonuses are a code in the box, because they've been manufactured uniquely, with a unique cover, same as any other special editions. These editions are usually around long after a game launches as well, for example I bought the MGS5 "Day One Edition" two years after release and it is STILL available new now, 6 years later.

If there is no special version and you're just pre-ordering the same generic game box as everyone else will get post-launch then those bonuses usually get sent to you by the retailer you bought it from, and once the game launches they're no longer available.

So since there is indeed a Launch Edition of Gran Turismo 7 with it written on the box then the code will be in the box, and the bonuses will be available as long as the Launch Edition is on shelves. Which could be months or even years.

gran-turismo-7-launch-edition-1632320033301.jpg

So many variations.lol.Where is the Launch Edition available from? Is that a Game or Amazon exclusive?PS store only has 25th and regular versions as far as i can see.
I pre-ordered Demons Souls from Argos and they sent me a code via text message for some dlc,i think a sword and shield if i remember.

In the UK, nowhere. It's a US (or possibly North America) exclusive.
Seems that way looking again. It is listed on Amazon UK but unavailable, as its just a copy of the US page, and the artwork is clearly US with ESRB.

So in that case yes, in the UK, it'll be the retailer emailing you the codes. Unless the UK retailers update to include the Launch edition before March.

Please help a confused monkey out here:

If I buy either the baseline digital or disc version, will I be able to acquire all the fancy stuff the other editions offer just by working my way through the game? If not, what would I be missing out on?

Thanks so much. :cheers:

If I buy either the baseline digital or disc version, will I be able to acquire all the fancy stuff the other editions offer just by working my way through the game? If not, what would I be missing out on?

Nobody knows for certain yet. They might be exclusive versions, they might not.

I think the Supra GT500 and 917 Living Legend will be attainable in-game even if you don't buy any of the special editions. Not sure about the RX-Vision GT3 Stealth Model though.

Last edited:
Thanks bro'.

IIRC the 787B and the other Stealth models (6 pack?) were only available via paid DLC in GT6, so that would make sense.

Last edited:
You will definitely be able to get the credits in the pre-order/special editions, because they're just credits.

You will almost certainly be able to get the Toyota Supra GT500 '97 and Porsche 917 Living Legend in normal gameplay.

Whether you will be able to get the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept in Stealth livery is unknown; this may be a version of the car that is unique and has unique power/weight/upgrade statistics, but either way you will be able to get the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept and apply your own stealth livery to it.

You will definitely not be able to get the GR Yaris in Nations Cup liveries, the avatars, the soundtrack (this might be available as a separate purchase), or the steelbook.

Ahh... thank you so much, mate! :cheers:

I don't care about liveries, avatars, free credits and packaging, so it looks like I'll be fine with the bog-standard edition.

As for the soundtrack, if I hear anything I really like I tend to purchase albums from whomever the artists are.

Last edited:
Back