PS4 or PS5? Which Version Of GT7 Are You Buying?

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 499 comments

PS4 or PS5 - Which Version Of GT7 Are You Planning to Buy?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 190 26.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 199 27.4%
  • Both but NOT 25th Anniversary

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • 25th Anniversary (includes PS4 and PS5)

Votes: 294 40.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 25 3.4%

• Total voters
One question: how can I get the tom's castrol supra if I not preorder the 25th anniversary?
In the Brighton Antiques screenshot a Toyota Supra GT500 ‘97 is available for Cr. 91,430,700 (yen most likely), so just under 1,000,000 credits in the UK/USA version. We don’t know how often this will be available or how accessible it will be though.

okay... I'm a bit confused with the editions right now. If I just pre order the standard digital edition, do I get the 3 cars(Supra GT500, 917K, Mazda GT3 Stealth)? And will they just be pre installed or will I get a code through email? Iirc there's also a credit bonus for just preordering right? Like 100k or something, iirc.

okay... I'm a bit confused with the editions right now. If I just pre order the standard digital edition, do I get the 3 cars(Supra GT500, 917K, Mazda GT3 Stealth)? And will they just be pre installed or will I get a code through email? Iirc there's also a credit bonus for just preordering right? Like 100k or something, iirc.
Yes/Not sure/Yes

Last edited:
If I just pre order the standard digital edition, do I get the 3 cars(Supra GT500, 917K, Mazda GT3 Stealth)? And will they just be pre installed or will I get a code through email? Iirc there's also a credit bonus for just preordering right? Like 100k or something, iirc.
The three cars and the 100k credits is a pre-order bonus for any version of the game. It's most likely there'll be code in the box, or with the digital versions a code applied to the purchase - you'll see the game plus a bonus car pack (containing credits) when you go to check out or when you download the game in March.

Some are suggesting that “faster load times” would justify the switch from PS4 to PS5 and I'm someone who came from a ps4 pro with internal ssd.
With many games still being cross gen and visuals not setting the world on fire, loading has honestly been the best thing this generation, 60fps on almost everything has been #2. I've been on nvme on my pc for a while and it not not being a huge difference for games there made me a skeptic about ps5. A year later and it's still surprising what a big QOL change it has been.

As for which version, unless sony do something, I'm expecting ps4 codes to flood ebay on release so I'll probably just snag one of those and pay the $10 upgrade fee.

Haven't been in the series since GT5, but I'm still unsure which route I'd go. If the load times on PS4 Pro turn out to be atrocious, I'll swing for a PS5, otherwise I might just snag a cheap used PS4 Pro and a wheel.

Unless there's something really dumb like a reduction of cars on the field on PS4.

At the very least I will be getting it on the PS4, but I have a devil on my shoulder cajoling me to get a PS5 after Christmas if I can...

Gonna go for the 25th Anniversary version, I feel rather obligated to after skipping out on GT6 and GTS. I might just pick up a PS4 with GTS in the interim however - PS5's are near impossible to get a hold of in Canada, and with holidays creeping closer those chances are going to get even slimmer.

My son has a PS5 and he has told me to hang fire on buying the PS4 one for myself as the PS5 one he has preordered or is going to order has possibly got the PS4 version with it or something like that so I will wait and see what he says closer to the time.

If I have to buy my own I will buy the basic PS4 one as last time I bought a GranTurismo game I paid a bit extra for this one below but disliked the game lots and ended up either throwing it in the bin or giving it away I can't recall which.
Once bitten twice shy lol.

s-l400.jpg

My son has a PS5 and he has told me to hang fire on buying the PS4 one for myself as the PS5 one he has preordered or is going to order has possibly got the PS4 version with it or something like that so I will wait and see what he says closer to the time.

If I have to buy my own I will buy the basic PS4 one as last time I bought a GranTurismo game I paid a bit extra for this one below but disliked the game lots and ended up either throwing it in the bin or giving it away I can't recall which.
Once bitten twice shy lol.
PS5 version comes with a ps4 code. Might want to save yourself the money and buy another game for yourself or for your son.

Can’t wait to see the sales numbers and how Sony divvy it up. I guess even with the PS4 code included, would the 25th Anniversary be a PS5 sale?

Decided on launch version ps5 digital since it comes with ps4 digital

Don’t really care for the extras in the digital deluxe version

I think I might try to gun for the 25th anniversary just to have both the PS4 & PS5 version alone. Mainly because I don't know when I'll be able to get a PS5 due to how difficult it is the get one thanks to scalpers and how quick they're bought out. That way I can start on the PS4, but then move onto the PS5 once I finally claim one.

I intend to buy the PS5 version and I hope I can get a PS5 by GT7 launch. GTS is the only game I play on my PS4 Pro which I just got Xmas of 2017 when I got GTS. For the,amount of entertainment hours I have on GTS I don't think it is too much money to spend, but I won't buy a PS5 for $1k, hopefully there are some in stores by next March. I plan to have a Fanatec Podium by then too.

Last edited:
I have ordered the ordinary version of GT 7 for my PS 5. So now it's just a matter of waiting until the release

Last edited:
I was undecided if i was going to get this on pre-order or on day of release because of how i felt let down by GT sport on its release.However ive decided to pre-order the PS 4 standard physical edition as I prefer to have it on disc and hope it realy is as good as the hype about it is.

I realy dont think the 25 aniniversary is worth the extra £30 , but when i do get a PS 5 i will get the PS 5 version which by then will be available second hand and cheaper

Also i hope Kaz and Polyphony have taken on what the fans thought and said about GT sport on its release and that GT 7 wil not be as bad as GT sport but i guess time will tell if its better or worse and lives up to the hype.

Last edited:
I was undecided if i was going to get this on pre-order or on day of release because of how i felt let down by GT sport on its release.However ive decided to pre-order the PS 4 standard physical edition as I prefer to have it on disc and hope it realy is as good as the hype about it is.

I realy dont think the 25 aniniversary is worth the extra £30 , but when i do get a PS 5 i will get the PS 5 version which by then will be available second hand and cheaper

Also i hope Kaz and Polyphony have taken on what the fans thought and said about GT sport on its release and that GT 7 wil not be as bad as GT sport but i guess time will tell if its better or worse and lives up to the hype.
With free online updates does it really matter how great the game is at release?? GTS may have been weak at release but it still turned out to be a fantastic game. More than 4 years after purchase I still play GTS as often as possible.

With free online updates does it really matter how great the game is at release?? GTS may have been weak at release but it still turned out to be a fantastic game. More than 4 years after purchase I still play GTS as often as possible.
Yes I feel it does matter, GT sport had a lot of hype around it but I feel it didn’t live up to nor does it right now . How someone feels about a game is subjective to the individual, I glad you and others out there still play GT sport regularly , I dip in now and again ( I prefer GT 5 and 6 over sport )but I still think the other editions of Gran Turismo have better game play compared to GT sport but GT sport has better game physics and graphics so that to makes it a good game in that sense but in my opinion it’s not as good as others.

Latest Posts

Back