• 128 comments
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
download and evaluate it!

Hi All,
The patch is going live on PS4. Details below:

Project CARS 2 - PS4 Patch 2.0

• Improved driving line assist.
• Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
• Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
• Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
• Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
• USB keyboard support improved.
• Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
• Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
• Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
• Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
• Improved default assists for gamepad users.
• Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
• Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
• Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
• Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
• Optimisations to tracks across the game.
• Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.

Still not updated...
Still no update on the east coast :boggled::crazy: looks like someone at sony america forgot to :lol:
wyqee.gif

Hope it's there after work.
Look forward to reports on this as there's often many things improved with these patches that aren't listed.

Just need to know if having numerous saved tuning setups slows the game down still. That's all that matters to me.

Has anyone tried using their keyboard on the PS4, is that function working with PCARS2?
I’m considering making a DIY button box.

Hi,

tried a few laps after patched. Now it sometimes doesn't downshift, have to use the paddle twice for the first downshift. Has worked well before the patch, still works in other games.

Standard PS4, T300.

D.

Hi,

tried a few laps after patched. Now it sometimes doesn't downshift, have to use the paddle twice for the first downshift. Has worked well before the patch, still works in other games.

Standard PS4, T300.

D.

Shift protection by the sounds of it , does it do it when shifting down with low revs ? If the revs are too high some boxes won't let you shift down violently .

Hi,

Standard PS4, T300.

D.
Man assetto corsa had that bug too and was never looked into... you sure it's not downshift protection?

Hi,

thx for your replies, will check that later. If it's so, they added the shift protection with the patch. I didn't changed my driving style.

D.

Still have problems with cars setup names .

Also
WONT downshift until I’m in the right range.

It shouldn't allow you to shift until your in the right range of revs , this is built into some race car boxes and road cars also to protect the gearbox.

I'll add to this that I haven't actually tried it in game so I don't know how well it's implemented but it is a thing in real life. There Will be plenty of people who will have to adapt their driving style to take this into account.

Back