PS4 Physics, Updates and Special EventsPS4 

• Thread starter TT92
  • 344 comments
You must be from another world when I see that driving :bowdown:

I didn't fiddle a lot with the setups. I run most stock but I'll retry the Lambo event. Porsche is my worst nightmare since you have to drive it very tidy and the turbo kicks in pretty violently. My right foot has been too heavy during every single session I had with it :lol:

You must be from another world when I see that driving :bowdown:

I didn't fiddle a lot with the setups. I run most stock but I'll retry the Lambo event. Porsche is my worst nightmare since you have to drive it very tidy and the turbo kicks in pretty violently. My right foot has been too heavy during every single session I had with it :lol:

I don't think the gearing changes make a noticeable difference in lap times, but I thought I'd list all changes I made anyway :P. So far the only things I've touched (in any car) are gearing and aero. I like having a somewhat properly set up gearbox and sometimes I end up lowering rear aero value a notch or five to eliminate high speed understeer.

To be honest, the 935 isn't that bad. The long gearing helps soften the turbo kick quite a bit so you don't have to worry about losing grip unless you're giving it more than 50% throttle while turning. On the other hand, the car really doesn't want to turn if you don't give it any gas, so try to minimize your time coasting.

I'm not great at explaining stuff like this but watch my video at 0.25 speed and pay attention to my throttle/brake use and steering inputs. Maybe, hopefully, there's something that could help :P

I don't see these in my game, what am I missing here? :confused:. Care to share what times you have to beat and what the exact track conditions are, I'd like to give this a go.

Ultimate Event #149 for the Beemer GT2 with a gold time of 8:26:000 on the 24h layout (not VLN). Golded it this afternoon. 1 click down on aero front and back and gearbox. Did a 8:23:XXX with a huge mess-up at the caroussel. The car is epic to drive and the secret is to brake very late since this car really has very very good brakes. Haven't done the Moby D... yet, scares the hell out of me everytime I see it in the special event list :lol:

Edit: SC003 also done. Gold time was 8:13:000 and I did go a couple of seconds under it. Was VLN lay-out with optimal track conditions.

Last edited:
Ultimate Event #149 for the Beemer GT2 with a gold time of 8:26:000 on the 24h layout (not VLN). Golded it this afternoon. 1 click down on aero front and back and gearbox. Did a 8:23:XXX with a huge mess-up at the caroussel. The car is epic to drive and the secret is to brake very late since this car really has very very good brakes. Haven't done the Moby D... yet, scares the hell out of me everytime I see it in the special event list :lol:

Edit: SC003 also done. Gold time was 8:13:000 and I did go a couple of seconds under it. Was VLN lay-out with optimal track conditions.

Nice work! I didn't realize there were that many ultimate events :D. I don't think I've even driven the M3 GT2 in Assetto Corsa yet.

You should try the Moby Dick special event often, sure you'll fail a lot but that's how you learn :P. Give it a couple of tries every time you play, then do something easier. Maybe try focusing purely on getting good corner exit speeds next time you play? After that focus on braking.

Have you golded 911 GT3 RS and 911 R @ Nordschleife yet? I honestly thought I'd gold those easily as I know Nordschleife better than any other track. Turns out there's no room for mistakes :lol:... With the 911 R I'm 0.8s too slow, been using the H-shifter and clutch though (I still suck at heel&toe and right foot braking). The GT3 RS is much easier to drive but for some reason I do more mistakes with it, think I'm 1.4s off gold so far.

I haven't done that many NS-events because they take me more time than I regularly have ;) since the circuit is so long. I know NS pretty well and I like the track. Switching to all different cars takes some time to adapt so I haven't done the Porsches yet.

On Moby Dick, yeah maybe I should try it that ....still...:lol:

The Beemer is exciting to drive. Sound is brutal from the inside of the car but watching the replay, it becomes a bit of a miss, soundwise..

Man I just loves this game so much:-)

ATM trying to gold more Special event. Now i have done a few off them, but still a very long way to go.

First I just want to complete those in the base game to complete the trophies.

Past few days I have been trying....

Look at me! - Abarth 500 Assetto Corse @ Magione

Had a few 1,25,1xx ( Gold is 1,25)

These are so hard for me, but its such a joy when driving this game with my wheel.

I think my biggest isue is pressing the brake pedal, the G29 is very hard to modulate because of the rubber stopper inside. For me it almost feels like some kinda on / off switch.

But I will get there. I know if I could just put all my best sectors together in one lap it will be gold :-)

Yeah that indeed is a pretty difficult one but as you say, it is in the brakes. Will give it a run tonight to see how it exactly went :)

Happy to read you are enjoying this so much :cheers:

Run yesterday evening:

Fuel: 5L
Tires: front 19 back 20

The backstraight, brake before 50m mark, down shift to 4th go through the double righthander, down shift 3th. The S-hairpin, I went into second but probably you can keep 3th engaged.

Some corners are long, so you'll have to be patient with getting on the gas.

Last edited:
Finnally golded Look at me! - Abarth 500 Assetto Corse @ Magione :-)

This game is just so much fun.

Also I kinda feel it makes me much better at sim racing than any other game. Maybe its just me but somehow i really learn basics when driving in this game. Finding a good line where i use all the track, trying to trail brake, slow in - fast out all that stuff.

Its kinda weird because sometimes it feels like I am not fast when trying to aply basic driving teknique, but I can see my lap times are becoming better, and also more important much more consistent :-)

Finnally golded Look at me! - Abarth 500 Assetto Corse @ Magione :-)

This game is just so much fun.

Also I kinda feel it makes me much better at sim racing than any other game. Maybe its just me but somehow i really learn basics when driving in this game. Finding a good line where i use all the track, trying to trail brake, slow in - fast out all that stuff.

Its kinda weird because sometimes it feels like I am not fast when trying to aply basic driving teknique, but I can see my lap times are becoming better, and also more important much more consistent :-)

Congrats and well done 👍 What is your next chapter?

Green Flash - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 @ monza golded.

This one was pretty hard for me. I wonder how the Gt3 cars in ACC will handle compared to the lambo in AC. I was realy strugling to keep the car flowing, but finally got it after a ton of laps :-)

Now will work on...

Demon on wheels - BMW Z4 GT3 @ Imola.

Just did a few laps. I am way off pace lol. I am not very familar with Imola. So room for some big improvements. But for now I am like 4 - 5 seconds away from gold. But I am sure I will eventualy get it :-)

Very well done once again 👍

The Beemer at Imola, yup remember that one. It definitely takes some time since I found Imola a difficult track. It can give you the idea of being very fast and still you end up a couple of seconds of gold.

Keep it flowing as good as you can and gain time at the chicane on top of the climb. Brake around the 50m mark.

Bonne chance :D

As I was experiencing a lot of problems with shifting timing in AC I left the setting on "auto-blip" figuring, "hey- it's gonna be even more difficult without auto-blip". However, I had a hard time seeing what blipping was actually taking place. Finally, I just switched it "off". As far as I can tell there's absolutely no difference - there is no "auto-blip" in AC. Is auto-blip just a "phantom setting" in AC? :confused:

Hey guys, been chasing this platinum for years and love the experience of this game. Have done all hot lap and drift golds and have been chasing the quick race events. I actually have come across a second pit lane trick by accident and it’s at the end of the race which basically guarantees you the win. Not sure if I should share it or not. I’m a decent driver and have earned a lot of these hard AF trophies but some quick race events are just impossible, so I tried this pit lane trick on a few of the races and it worked for the win.

Last edited:
Back