Ps4 Pro or Thrustmaster T300 RS GT

• Thread starter zmmettd
  • 37 comments
Ireland
Ireland
I've never used a steering wheel before, i'm considering buying this one. But i also want to experience GT in 4k. I can't buy both.

What would you recommend?

The wheel.

It's probably a better experience to play the game on a standard PS4 + SHD TV with a steering wheel than to play it on a PS4 Pro + 4K TV with a DS4.

Also, if you have a nice HRD TV that is probably better than 4K anyway and you don't need a PS4 Pro.

Last edited:
Get the wheel far more enjoyable T300 is a good wheel if u want a cheaper option get the G29 not the T150. Also i would not buy a ps pro unless you have a good 4k tv. Plus is it worth buying a ps pro with talk of a ps5 next year?

Or go with the g29 and sell your current playstation and use the money saved on the wheel along with money back from your playsatation and buy a ps pro.

Thanks for the reply's, i seen the Thrustmaster T150 at £125, but i particularity liked the T300 RS as it seems its made for GT Sport..

I seen Gt Sport 4K comparisons and there is only minimal differences. Although it is youtube video, i could only judge properly from my 4k tv.

Considering a base model PS4 will still do HDR — which, IMO, is much more appealing than (not quite actual) 4K — I'd go with the wheel. That said, remember that it's a slippery slope: there's a good chance you'll find yourself wanting to buy other accessories shortly after!

True. Especially since the OP mentions the T 300 RS GT (edition), which is a bit more expensive than the regular T300RS because of the clutch pedal but it doesn't have a shifter - the TH8 costs another >100$.

Get the wheel far more enjoyable T300 is a good wheel if u want a cheaper option get the G29 not the T150. Also i would not buy a ps pro unless you have a good 4k tv. Plus is it worth buying a ps pro with talk of a ps5 next year?

Or go with the g29 and sell your current playstation and use the money saved on the wheel along with money back from your playsatation and buy a ps pro.
G29 is almost the same price as the T300, T150 is far cheaper than both, I'd say its no doubt the best value for money wheel for the PS4.
Thanks for the reply's, i seen the Thrustmaster T150 at £125, but i particularity liked the T300 RS as it seems its made for GT Sport..
Both work perfectly well for GT, the differences being a more powerful FFB system for the T300 (although T150 is not weak) and better materials for some parts like the pedals (plastic vs metal) and some other details.

Last edited:
G29 is almost the same price as the T300

I don't think so bud. You can get the G29 wheel pedals and a shifter for less than the stock T300 at currys.co.uk

The T150 looks and feels cheap compared to the T300 and G29. Infact the G29 is probably the best overall deal for a wheel

I would consider getting the PS4 Pro - not for the 4K, but for the enhanced hardware. Most games, including GT, don't only get a graphical upgrade, but also get a performance upgrade (framerates, speed, etc.). If you do decide to dabble in Project Cars, I imagine that will surely benefit from the Pro.

If I was in your position, I'd get the PS4 Pro, and save my chips for a few months and pick up the T300.

This option rests solely on your patience levels though ;)

I don't think so bud. You can get the G29 wheel pedals and a shifter for less than the stock T300 at currys.co.uk

The T150 looks and feels cheap compared to the T300 and G29. Infact the G29 is probably the best overall deal for a wheel
Where are you from? At least in europe T300 and G29 are very similar prices (around 275€), which are much higher than T150 (around 150€) so its almost double. Of course the T150 looks and feels cheaper because it IS much cheaper, but it works very well and it has all the important basics including metal shifters, you cant get anything better for what it costs.

Where are you from? At least in europe T300 and G29 are very similar prices (around 275€), which are much higher than T150 (around 150€) so its almost double. Of course the T150 looks and feels cheaper because it IS much cheaper, but it works very well and it has all the important basics including metal shifters, you cant get anything better for what it costs.

I'm from the UK, The T300 are about £250 and the G29 with the shifter is about £185. I do see your point its almost half price. But an old saying springs to mind "buy cheap buy twice".

Look this is something that is going to get a lot of use. My wheel dominated my life when I first had it and now I hardly play anything but racing. So knowing what I know now I would not want the T150. I would always be thinking I should of paid the extra and got the T300. I Have had two T300 one on release replacing driving force gt and an alcantara edition T300 to replace my first T300. Out of interest what wheel do you have and would you buy a T150 to replace it? I would not . For me in the £300 bracket 1st option T300 or second option G29 forget the the T150

Both work perfectly well for GT, the differences being a more powerful FFB system for the T300 (although T150 is not weak) and better materials for some parts like the pedals (plastic vs metal) and some other details.
Let's say that T300 has the same torque as T150,again T300 will be much better wheel,so to say that the difference is only in power is misleading.I will explain,again.With T150 you will feel gears because of the dual gear/belt mechanism compared to T300 dual belt mechanism.Even if the two wheels have the same torque the T300 friction free mechanism will allow a faster wheel rotation because the motor will not have to overcome the internal friction.Also you will feel more details in the force feedback which are lost with the high internal friction of the T150.The T300 brushless motor will recreate the forces in the force feedback more precisely compared to T150 brushed motor.And last but not least T300 has sixteen times higher resolution than T150.I understand that you do not need better wheel but your understanding misleads other people.

Last edited:
DO you have a 4K TV? if not then the answer is easily the wheel.

I'd still get the wheel mind, but keep in mind the T300 doesn't have a shifter and the pedals are terrible. A wheel stand might be an option as well. Overall though, playing with a wheel >

Yeah i've got a 4k tv, what i'm going to do is get the ps4 pro and see how the game is..then after 1 month or 2 if i'm hooked on the game invest in the t150 or t300 if i have the funds..cheers people great advice.

Let's say that T300 has the same torque as T150,again T300 will be much better wheel,so to say that the difference is only in power is misleading.I will explain,again.With T150 you will feel gears because of the dual gear/belt mechanism compared to T300 dual belt mechanism.Even the if the two wheel have the same torque the T300 free friction mechanism will allow a faster wheel rotation because the motor will not have to overcome the internal friction.Also you will feel more details in the force feedback which are lost with the high internal friction of the T150.The T300 brushless motor will recreate the forces in the force feedback more precisely compared to T150 brushed motor.And last but not least T300 has sixteen times higher resolution than T150.I understand that you do not need better wheel but your understanding misleads other people.
I already said that the T300 is obviously better. But almost twice better? Not sure. I do very similar laptimes and have similar feel with both. I tested it.
I'm from the UK, The T300 are about £250 and the G29 with the shifter is about £185. I do see your point its almost half price. But an old saying springs to mind "buy cheap buy twice".

Look this is something that is going to get a lot of use. My wheel dominated my life when I first had it and now I hardly play anything but racing. So knowing what I know now I would not want the T150. I would always be thinking I should of paid the extra and got the T300. I Have had two T300 one on release replacing driving force gt and an alcantara edition T300 to replace my first T300. Out of interest what wheel do you have and would you buy a T150 to replace it? I would not . For me in the £300 bracket 1st option T300 or second option G29 forget the the T150
Right, I get it, although the OP appears to have some budget limitations.

and have similar feel with both.
nocbcountry.jpg

Since the OP has never used a wheel before. I'd suggest spending as little on one as possible. May end up not liking it, and if you can't have a dedicated spot for it, dragging it out everytime is a major hassle.

I tried the wheel thing myself a while back, bought one used online. Used it for a few months, and just didn't care for it. Sold the wheel, and went back to a controller. It's a hard to beat playing a game while kicked back in a recliner. :lol:

I had a really expensive Fanatec wheel a few years ago, but sold it because the pedals only triggered about 90% of the full input. Last year, I bought the Thrustmaster T150, and I'm very satisfied with the package. The wheel isn't quite as smooth as an expensive belt-driven Fanatec wheel I had, but it's still good and much more fun to race with than with a gamepad. Even though the Fanatec wheel was more than double the price of the T150, it wasn't double as good. In fact, due to the input constraint with the Fanatec pedals, I even prefer the T150.

I also recently upgraded from a 1080p TV to a 4K TV. With a PS4 Pro, the 4K resolution only makes fine details in the distance such as trees look a bit sharper. It's a nice upgrade, but it's not a game-changer.

So my recommendation: get a wheel before a PS4 Pro if you mainly play racing games on it, but consider the T150, and maybe get a PS4 Pro a bit sooner. I'm sure GTS will look great at 4K on a big TV.

Have you actually tested both or you just think the T150 is rubbish and thats it?
I have T150,I tried T300 and after that I made Friction Free Mod to my T150 which made the wheel much smoother,the wheel rotation faster,which allows me to feel the oversteer sooner and I can feel forces in the force feedback which were lost before due to high internal friction.Also the wheel became quieter.

I have T150,I tried T300 and after that I made Friction Free Mod to my T150 which made the wheel much smoother,the wheel rotation faster,which allows me to feel the oversteer sooner and I can feel forces in the force feedback which were lost before due to high internal friction.Also the wheel became quieter.
Lets see his comeback to that lol.

To the OP. I'd say it depends on what you like. If it's graphics and the overall look of the game then a 4K screen will suit your needs but if it's the actually driving/racing of the cars that appeal then a wheel is a no brainer. However, I've got a Pro and the step up isn't really that great compared to a standard PS4. The step up from a controller to ffb wheel however is huge.

If it was me I'd go for the wheel everytime. I'd offer the same warning as @SlipZtrEm however, it is indeed a slippery slope, before you know it you'll be sat in a rig with thousands of pounds/dollars/euros worth of sim racing equipment around you :lol:

I already said that the T300 is obviously better. But almost twice better? Not sure. I do very similar laptimes and have similar feel with both. I tested it.

Right, I get it, although the OP appears to have some budget limitations.
Laptimes are irrelevant to this discussion. The part about similar feel I don't believe for a second.

Have you actually tested both or you just think the T150 is rubbish and thats it?
Where did he say it was rubbish?

I have had no such problems providing you set it up the way you like (sensitivity and power). Maybe your T150 unit is defective or something. Even with the inferior on paper specs you should adapt perfectly well.

I have had no such problems providing you set it up the way you like (sensitivity and power). Maybe your T150 unit is defective or something. Even with the inferior on paper specs you should adapt perfectly well.
I guess you bought the magic T150 that came with the unicorn brushless motor and the bearings on the motor shaft.

Back