Ps4 Pro or Thrustmaster T300 RS GT

• Thread starter zmmettd
  • 37 comments
I have had no such problems providing you set it up the way you like (sensitivity and power). Maybe your T150 unit is defective or something. Even with the inferior on paper specs you should adapt perfectly well.
Problems?!Defective?!Adaptation?!I'm talking about a significant improvement in the force feedback not for defective T150.I made this mod because I was very impressed with how much smoother it was T300 with the friction free mechanism compared to the T150 driving mechanism.I begin to think that even if you test a Direct Drive Wheel you will you say it's nothing special compared to T150.

@zmmettd Personally I think a wheel is very important to the enjoyment of and immersion in car racing games so I would give priority to that, however avoid anything with a GT badge because it will be over priced. As others have suggested try and wait for the Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals and don't forget to think about and if necessary budget for a decent stand (or rig) onto which to mount your wheel. If you have the space for a rig you can pick these up much cheaper secondhand. I don't recommend buying wheels secondhand as they can have subtle faults - better to buy new and if possible get an extended warranty.

PS4 Pro v standard PS4 is not a priority - I bought a Pro and honestly can't tell the difference.

Warning - if you get seriously into racing, particularly online, to justify the expense you have to think of it as a hobby and not a game - I think of it as being less expensive than something else I could be doing with my time - therefore I am saving money compared with friends who pay Golf club and green fees or shooting club fees or marina fees for boats or do real racing etc.

I agree with almost everyone here... It really depends on what pushes your buttons.
If you like racing games, pretty much ANY wheel will be better than controller. T150 is a great beginner wheel and well worth of its money.
I would go with wheel option for now, if you like it, you can always sell t150 and upgrade to t300. Thrustmaster wheels are good and keep it's price so you won't loose much.

...remember that it's a slippery slope: there's a good chance you'll find yourself wanting to buy other accessories shortly after!

I sign under this statement with all my hands. Once you're in - you're in! and it won't get any cheaper :D

I've owned both and used both extensively, and no they do not have similar feel at all.

The difference is quite clear between the two. That's not saying the T150 is a bad wheel, its not; however for the difference in price the T300 is a much better wheel.
Having used both wheels and a wide variety of both gear driven and belt driven wheels over the years in varying price categories I have no idea why you would make such a misleading statement.
I highly doubt about that since you two usually brag about having great equipment and the T150 is a cheap wheel, but oh well, I suppose I'll have to believe you... :sly:

Back