Ps4 screen blurry on uhdtv

• Thread starter chrishagan
  • 79 comments
United Kingdom
Sunderland
Hi all as above when the car is moving the background goes all blurry but during the intro movie or the menu the picture is fine, I'm just wondering if it's a setting for my TV but I can't find it.
None of my other games do this,any advise would be a help.
Thanks.

On the off chance: there's an option under gameplay or visual settings to toggle speed motion blur. Maybe that has got something to do with this?

Do you have motion blur turned on?

I noticed when I played the first time, and turned it off right away.

Nowhere near my PS4 right now and can't remember accurately. Some setting related to motion blur, maybe under camera settings.

didn't think motion blur was changeable? there's a speed effect setting but I don't think that alters the blur, plus the helmet blur is different as well. could just be down to the AA ghosties but be good to hear if you have any luck

Tried a few settings but still the same, just wonder if it's the settings on my TV? But like I said all other games are ok.

Might be down to the quality of the upscaler in your tv as well, if the internet is to be believed. What brand and type do you have?

I thought this was a well known problem with the PS4 version? This was something that came up quite often in the reviews.

Damn, I would be disappointed if I had UHDTV and could notice more blur. Ideally your TV should make it better than most the 1080P TV I should think. But it seems it is detecting more artifacts in gfx :indiff:

Damn, I would be disappointed if I had UHDTV and could notice more blur. Ideally your TV should make it better than most the 1080P TV I should think. But it seems it is detecting more artifacts in gfx :indiff:
Yeah m8 it's a bit rubbish, the rest of the game is fine, but just the scenery is all blurry while your driving.

I have this on my 1080p Panasonic TV. Everything is blurry, not just the trees, but other cars, track furniture. everything. It looks like I need 3d glasses. I have tried every game setting it is still the same. I even tried the TV settings, but still the same. I will move my PS4 to a different TV later on, see how it looks. At the moment it is only just playable. I dont think it is the game, just some TV's.

I have this on my 1080p Panasonic TV. Everything is blurry, not just the trees, but other cars, track furniture. everything. It looks like I need 3d glasses. I have tried every game setting it is still the same. I even tried the TV settings, but still the same. I will move my PS4 to a different TV later on, see how it looks. At the moment it is only just playable. I dont think it is the game, just some TV's.

If other games are working fine then obviously the problem is with the game. Not sure changing some settings on TV can help :banghead: It is same on all tracks, condition ? They need to fix this surely

If other games are working fine then obviously the problem is with the game. Not sure changing some settings on TV can help :banghead: It is same on all tracks, condition ? They need to fix this surely

I have never had this problem with my games, maybe my TV is broken on just this one game. However what I can say is I have now taken the PS4 to a different 1080p TV plugged it in and it is absolutely fine. The graphics are pin sharp, a little motion blur where you would expect it.

So if it a problem between the Game or PS4 and the Panasonic TV, I don't know. I am only reporting what I have found. Believe me I am mega p***ed off. I will have to keep playing with TV settings. There don't seem to be too many settings on the PS4 that I can tweak. I did change the Panasonic between its dynamic/normal/game/movie settings, but that changed nothing :(

I think it's the game, not some TVs.

It is definitely the game. Especially in hazy/foggy environments where it is abundantly noticeable.

If we get the chance to remove blur in return for more jaggies I will happily take the jagged edges.

On PS4 the ghosting is in the game :(

I hope we'll get an option to disable this kind of "AA" on PS4.

Discussions:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-general-discussion-thread.261206/page-497
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448198&page=171

9wPO2Og.gif

Gfwa3uC.gif

bYWykzm.jpg

EtKj2dS.jpg

SMS
It's not a bug. It's a side effect of the way we do AA on PS4, and is arguably a good thing (hear me out!). It's there, and very noticeable from static images of non-direct feed footage especially, but also undeniably in the game itself (mainly when paused). I spotted it and reported it as soon as it got checked in long ago (so we didn't "miss it" as many would have you believe).

However, I also "spotted" that the PS4 version has really lovely image quality, a very smooth and slightly soft (not low res!), "non-gamey" look, which is very natural, and (imo!) rather fantastic, due to this very clever AA approach. It also greatly minimises the distant "shimmer" you often see in console racing games, which is a side effect of low quality AA on thin vertical objects such as fences.

So yes, the ghosting effect is there, if you look hard enough. The advantages far outweigh this small disadvantage however. Notwithstanding that, if customer feedback demands it, we have a plan to add a UI slider in a future update, which will enable you to tune out the ghosting, at the expense of more aliasing and distant shimmer.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162746041&postcount=8877

Last edited:
How come I have it on one TV and not on the other? Any thoughts? Could it be a 50/60Hz issue?

Also I have been checking at monza, in clear weather, with 19 other cars, it is like I need 3d glasses sometimes. I understand it might be more of an issue in the haze/rain etc, I have not even got that far!

I cant take a screenshot from the in game replay cos it looks great when paused!

How come I have it on one TV and not on the other? Any thoughts?

I cant take a screenshot from the in game replay cos it looks great when paused!
May be more visible on faster displays.

You can use the share button anytime:
Press and hold the SHARE button for at least 1 second. The screenshot is saved and
icon_photo_capture.png
(finished) is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen.

How come I have it on one TV and not on the other? Any thoughts? Could it be a 50/60Hz issue?...
More likely the image processing in the TV. The more fancy a TV is, the more processing it often has enabled as default. One of the kinds of processing is usually motion blur, frame interpolation or smoothing of some kind (not seldom with some silly marketer-type names). If this is added to an already motion blurred/smoothed source, then you can get a blurry mess on screen. With the PS4 already doing blurring and temporal AA (ref. ghosts), it could well result in a bit of a mess. Look in the TV menus for a Gaming or PC mode, and switch off all kinds of processing like sharpen/soften, dynamic contrast, smoothing etc. (often tied to each input on the telly).

Back