Ps4 screen blurry on uhdtv

• Thread starter chrishagan
  • 79 comments
Absolutely agree with thomasw. I am running it on a 55" Samsung Series 6 LED TV in the Game Mode. I have found from my personal experience that ghosting is pretty non-existent, be it in the actual gameplay, replays or when pausing the replay when using the Game Mode. Can't say about other TV brands but with Samsung the Motion Plus setting needs to be turned to OFF. If you have it set as Smooth for example it will produce considerable ghosting. If I set the Motion Plus to Smooth than I end up with the ghost image/double lines as some of the videos shown.

I'm noticing several people here have issues and they have plasma tv's. I don't have a plasma but is there a setting that outputs only 60hz on a Plasma? Do they have game modes?

Yep I have the same issue aswell on my 55 inch samsung uhd. Like a couple of people have said above it actually makes you feel unwell, in my case its giving me headaches.
It's definitely the game, anyone saying its people's tv's are totally wrong.
Is the tv set up to display in 1080p/60fps?

I'm noticing several people here have issues and they have plasma tv's. I don't have a plasma but is there a setting that outputs only 60hz on a Plasma? Do they have game modes?

My problem was with a Panasonic Plasma, and it was set up for 1080p and 60hz, and it had a game mode. Hopefully SMS will find something in common between all the TV's they have been given the details of and be able to come up with a patch or a fix for us.

My problem was with a Panasonic Plasma, and it was set up for 1080p and 60hz, and it had a game mode. Hopefully SMS will find something in common between all the TV's they have been given the details of and be able to come up with a patch or a fix for us.
It seems to me the issue affects some tv's more than others. So it's both a game issue and a tv compatibility issue. Ian said they are working on it so let's see what happens.

It seems to me the issue affects some tv's more than others. So it's both a game issue and a tv compatibility issue. Ian said they are working on it so let's see what happens.
I've noticed the same trend. On every forum, it's more often than not a plasma owner that's having the issue. I might have to lug my PS4 and rig upstairs on my crappy 37" Insignia LCD just so I can play without getting a headache.

I think that the problem is not in any LCD. If we save our replay and export to Youtube the image in a computer have the same problem.

Definitely turn off any motion flow process even for plasma. My LCD TV is day and night difference with motion flow off no more ghosting effect.

I have 2 plasmas. the one I game on is probably at least 5 years old, has no game mode at all and the ghosting is minimal to the point of not even an issue. of course you expect quality when you buy a Panasonic Plasma :sly:. the same goes for the Pioneers. It'd be interesting to know what brands of TV people have the most troubles with. although surely those with LCDs would have the worst ghosting? the response rates are nasty in a lot of those.

Definitely turn off any motion flow process even for plasma. My LCD TV is day and night difference with motion flow off no more ghosting effect.

Please read through a whole thread (and possibly some other threads) before giving some people a false hope. I am one of those who has the ghosting problem. I have tried everything. For you to come here and say turn off this or that is not helpful to those who really have an issue. "Motion flow" off on a TV with the issue makes no difference whatsoever.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-almost-unplayable-blurry-image-ps4.328151/

Please read through a whole thread (and possibly some other threads) before giving some people a false hope. I am one of those who has the ghosting problem. I have tried everything. For you to come here and say turn off this or that is not helpful to those who really have an issue. "Motion flow" off on a TV with the issue makes no difference whatsoever.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-almost-unplayable-blurry-image-ps4.328151/

It was this setting on my TV. You really need to look at your setting to see if you really have this off. I already went through all the threads even including project cars forum. Just helping out the community. I only said just one setting, didn't mention anything about any other settings. Maybe your TV has no way to turn this off.

I have a Panasonic GT50 inch plasma and was really hoping the ghosting on PS4 wasn't going to affect me. First night of playing and boy did I feel sick! Especially on karts. I fiddle for 3 hours with FOV settings and my TV but nothing worked. Playing in cockpit view just made me feel worse. The chase cam on other cars was just playable. Playing on a DS4 also sucked after coming from a G27 on GT6. Will get a T300rs if I don't throw up first ;)

I sure hope the patch comes sooner than later. Was so sad after being so hyped up for the game :(

Yep it is, no issue there at all. Every other game looks fine on it too, that's why I know it's project cars.

It was this setting on my TV. You really need to look at your setting to see if you really have this off. I already went through all the threads even including project cars forum. Just helping out the community. I only said just one setting, didn't mention anything about any other settings. Maybe your TV has no way to turn this off.
Just tried your suggestion of turning motion plus off on my Samsung and it made no difference, which has just further confirmed what I already knew, it's the game and not my tv.

Oops double post, sorry!

I'm using a 2010 40" Bravia LCD with my PS4, and I've had no issues at all with blurriness or ghosting while playing PCARS. Other than a wee bit of screen tear, here and there, I'm very pleased with the way the game looks and performs.

no such thing as TV compatibility ... problem is solely on Project Cars side, only some TV's make it more obvious

no such thing as TV compatibility ... problem is solely on Project Cars side, only some TV's make it more obvious
Yes we know there's an issue with the game.
That doesn't preclude players with different hardware having differing experiences.

usually I don't notice the ghosting on my Panny Plasma but one way to see if it looks nasty is to look at the auto screenshots your PS4 takes whenever you get a trophy. I did this the other day and some of those photos look horrendous, the double images are very noticeable, laughably so. in game it doesn't really bother me though.

I'd like to know if someone out there can say, hand on heart, that every one of their trophy photos looks completely ghost-free, as this would indicate the model of TV really does make a difference.

Back