PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
TCR
I did switch it at some point because I had been previously playing GT6 on the PS3, but can't remember if it was before I fired up the game or not. I may disconnect it and reconnect it to see if the same thing happens.
Good luck

I got 3rd time replacement T300RS which is annoyed me :( I don't know if best way to sell T300RS to get T500RS.
It is good idea or other way?

Sure enough, disconnected and then reconnected and it came up as a T300. Now the FFB effects feel completely different, so time to start tuning it again :)

I got 3rd time replacement T300RS which is annoyed me :( I don't know if best way to sell T300RS to get T500RS.
Well based off the problems I've been hearing with the t500rs and pcars, maybe wait a bit for that decision...
A lot of people are unhappy with the feedback for the t500

Slight divergence from the topic at hand but, T300RS or T300GTE?

Sounds like the only difference is the buttons / layout on the wheel. T300RS mimics the PS4 controller while T300GTE mimics a Ferrari steering wheel and lacks a few PS4 buttons eg the Playstation button.

I've noticed that the T300RS has been going up and up in price. It literally jumped £30 on Amazon since yesterday to £309.90 while the T300GTE is £239.86.

Slight divergence from the topic at hand but, T300RS or T300GTE?

Sounds like the only difference is the buttons / layout on the wheel. T300RS mimics the PS4 controller while T300GTE mimics a Ferrari steering wheel and lacks a few PS4 buttons eg the Playstation button.

I've noticed that the T300RS has been going up and up in price. It literally jumped £30 on Amazon since yesterday to £309.90 while the T300GTE is £239.86.

The only difference is the button layout. I use the GTE and I find the layout very good when driving.

@swillisam I Just brought mine from alternate-in stock and on way tomorrow-I actually paid more it has just gone down again! (amazon was out of stock or deliver in month etc when I looked)

It gets shipped from Germany - I think it costs £10 extra in basket 👍

Last edited:

Did you get them broken or did they get ruined with time? I'm really worried about this.

Oh and I purchased mine from that alternate website and all seems well so far if anybody doesn't trust the site.

Anybody gone from a T500 to a T300?

Thinking of doing this for the PS and Option/Share buttons
I kept both... (different simrigs: My PC and consoles are in different rooms)

If you switch, you will dislike the T300 pedals, that's for sure.
The T300 is lighter and more agile, as I posted earlier in the thread. If you like the heavy and powerful feel of the T500 you will probably not enjoy the T300 as much. If you want more control and an easier time correcting slides, the T300 is definitely better, due to the newer motor and belt tech.

For me, the best overall experience from Thrustmaster right now is the T500/T3PA-Pro pedals, T300 base, GTE rim for race cars (unless you want PS4 buttons in which case the T300RS rim), T500 original rim for older road cars, and the TH8A shifter.

I guess I waited too long to purchase a T300, but does anyone know when the US is going to get more stock? Only place you can find it right now is on Ebay with a couple sellers looking to make a nice profit. I'm in no rush, just curious if anyone has heard anything as to when stores will start carrying them again. Surprised that Thrustmaster didn't have a huge stock ready for the release of Projects Car...

@swillisam I Just brought mine from alternate-in stock and on way tomorrow-I actually paid more it has just gone down again! (amazon was out of stock or deliver in month etc when I looked)

It gets shipped from Germany - I think it costs £10 extra in basket 👍

Gotcha. I ended up getting one from Ebay yesterday and saw Amazon have now dropped their price to £245, so I overpaid but it goes that way sometimes. Excited to try out the wheel now.

Back