[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's EndPS4 

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 410 comments
The game is just getting better and better. The pacing is absolutely phenomenal, with good space in between firefights, as well as more options as to how you engage enemies. By far the best Uncharted game in the franchise, as well as one of the prettiest games ever released.

A perfect game to pull up in defence of why we don't yet need another console generation or upgrade.

Good game but a little overrated in my opinion. Can definitely see the influence of The Last of Us in it, which may be the problem for me as I didn't like that at all. Enjoyed the first 3 Uncharted games much more -- especially 2. Graphics and cutscene animations/acting are impressive though.

I saw this for sale on eBay for £32 (brand new and sealed) and simply had to get it to see what all the fuss is about, I haven't played the previous Uncharted games so I read up on it but I have played through TLOU and I enjoyed that.

I'm about 6/7 chapters in and there isn't a doubt in my mind that this is the best looking game on console, every now and again there are moments where I just have to stop and admire the world that Naughty Dog has created. I'm not sure if it's my favourite game of this gen but this is a master class in creating a linear 3rd person game.

I'm not as floored by the visuals as I'd hoped to be. Granted, I'm only on chapter 7 or 8 if I recall correctly but none of the open vistas so far have come close to leaving me in awe the way The Witcher 3 - which I've just started playing again - did and does constantly.
Yes, Uncharted 4 generally has better textures up close - and quite possibly some theoretically more advanced lighting or other rendering techniques - but it's just not as visually striking (and saying that fantasy vs. "real" is not a fair comparison is obviously not right, since the real world is full of stunning scenery).
I might change my mind later, but I've seen footage and screenshots from eg. the Madagascar chapters and while it's beautiful I still don't think it will beat or match many of the landscape views in The Witcher 3.

I probably do prefer the Witcher 3 when it comes to producing large scale environments but as I say there are moments in Uncharted 4 such as in the house chapter early on where so much of it looks real. I think The Witcher 3 is the more impressive simply because you have complete freedom to explore the world.

@Miths and @Peasantslayer wait until you reach the last few chapters, the graphics and sheer scale of them are truly superb.

MASSIVE CHAPTER 20 ONWARDS SPOILER!
It's not really massive but....
Did anyone else get the glitch while sliding that you couldn't get over the first jump? I tried it what seemed like a thousand times and I always reached the ledge but fell down anyway

Good game but a little overrated in my opinion. Can definitely see the influence of The Last of Us in it, which may be the problem for me as I didn't like that at all. Enjoyed the first 3 Uncharted games much more -- especially 2. Graphics and cutscene animations/acting are impressive though.
What is it about U4 that you feel was influenced by TLoU? I'm not really seeing the comparison myself, except for maybe the story driven elements.

Last edited:
I like that after the first playthrough, there are so many more modifier options than previously - hell, you can even set the game up to play with 'Helium audio' or Borderlands-style cell-shading, even 8-Bit graphics (though that would be just weird, I think) and so many more options.

Last edited:
It's great they included the option for those who will replay a game like Uncharted. Personally I'm not one of them, I treat the franchise like movies and I love having that memory of the first play-through vivid in my imagination. :)

Multiplayer is pretty great, I have sunk quite a bit of time into it so far. Its a shame I might not be able to play it as much as I would like with Fire Emblem Fates out this week and then in the coming weeks - Overwatch and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan.

After completing this game the other day, as the last game in the franchise it's an okay end. Felt neither satisfied nor disappointed in the ultimate outcome. But the final chapters... it was really poorly done (not the Epilogue). And Rafe... what a terrible villain. And we don't even find out what happened to one of the most important characters in the story.

Fortunately there were spectacular moments. For example the car chase in King's Bay (and subsequently saving a certain someone). After seeing it in gameplay reveals I thought it was amazing. Now playing it on my own it's even better.

Wait until you reach the last few chapters, the graphics and sheer scale of them are truly superb.
Agreed, at times I was waiting for the graphics to be dumbed down as the game transitioned from cutscene to gameplay but it was only really noticeable when I was concentrating on the characters faces.

So, just remembered now that this game will have a single player addition. Wonder what that could be...

Maybe something involving the kid at the end?

So, just remembered now that this game will have a single player addition. Wonder what that could be...

My guess is you'd play as Sam after Rafe gets him out of prison up to when he finds Nate. I don't think that was explained in much detail. Also, the girl at the end could be the main character should they choose to do another game. She seemed extremely interested in what Nate did and so she could continue his work the same way he did with his mother.

I really don't think so. Not unless they plan to not have any gunplay in the DLC. Frankly, I don't see anything interesting they could do with the DLC in general.

My guess is you'd play as Sam after Rafe gets him out of prison up to when he finds Nate. I don't think that was explained in much detail. Also, the girl at the end could be the main character should they choose to do another game. She seemed extremely interested in what Nate did and so she could continue his work the same way he did with his mother.

Yeah that would be interesting DLC. Plus it'll flesh Rafe out a bit, which the base game clearly suffers from doing.

By the girl you mean Cassie? Pretty obvious she's gonna follow in their footsteps. Not necessarily treasure hunting but "It runs in the family" you could say. But I highly doubt there'll be another game on basically the same thing Uncharted has done already. Naughty Dog ended the series with A Thief's End. This is assuming if Cassie really does become a treasure hunter, and I'm fairly certain she will.

On my second play through. I'm still edging to this being better than UC2, I really like the pacing and the story alot, that with the better Mechanics and more 'grounded' set pieces really sell me.

oh and
the lack of a supernatural twist is welcomed.

I'd probably rate the series as whole:

Uncharted 2 - 10/10
Uncharted 4 - 8/10
Uncharted 3 - 7/10
Golden Abyss - 7/10
Uncharted 1 - 6/10
I liked 2 the best also. Perfect game really. The rest were pretty good.

Uncharted 2 - 10/10
Uncharted 3 - 8/10
Uncharted 1 - 8/10
Uncharted 4 - 8/10

Am I the only one who really wanted to fight a dinosaur at some point in the franchise? Why does Lara get to have all the fun :D

Back