[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's EndPS4 

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 410 comments
@UkHardcore23: yeah, probably ND had disputes between their Creative Directors/Game artist designers.

If this continues, then the Uncharted PS4 project may turn into Vapour-ware. 👎 :(

It sounds more like they have re-written the story than having any creative difference/troubles. He was just a voice actor in this case I believe. I mean I don't think anything nefarious is going on, they just re-wrote and he went off to look for new work via his friends' network.

Just some shifting of the soil settling after the past two departures. Stay positive.

Anyway, just need to let you know guys that the team who's involved with the Uncharted PS4 project are the team who created Uncharted 3, with new talent(s), not the Last of Us 'existing' team.

I think maybe some of the team decided they wanted new challenges and maybe Sony forced them to make another Uncharted game (the fans do want one) and some of them didn't want to take part.

I think maybe some of the team decided they wanted new challenges and maybe Sony forced them to make another Uncharted game (the fans do want one) and some of them didn't want to take part.

IMO. ;)

That's why the other experienced game designers have left NaughtyDog and they didn't agree with the Last of Us's creative directors approach (I presume) on Uncharted's PS4 game design.

e.g. Using TLOU's game direction, to be implemented on Uncharted's outdated story line/gameplay. Amy Hennig, I presume, disagreed with Neil Druckmanns proposal for the Uncharted PS4 project.

@Classic: Yeah, don't want a fortune-hunter turn into a gritty, depressed looking character. IMO.
Wasn't Drake turning that way, a bit, during 3? ;) There is also the newspaper in the pub during the first section of U3 mentioning the early stages of the virus baffling scientists...

“Uncharted preview is being described as breathtaking. I don’t know about any more Sony megatons- but the word the last word I got is: The 1st Party stuff is seriously impressive. Whenever it’s shown, it will make people take notice.” “Oh and before you ask, no I haven’t heard about any SECRET PS4 titles or GG’s game showing up. The only one I knew was Castlevania Souls.”

More UNCHATRED (PS4) news:

The Last of Us Heads Stepping In to Lead Uncharted PS4

Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley have been asked to lead the new Uncharted.

Not just that, they're currently working on a new IP:
"We definitely have another project on the scale of Uncharted in very early pre-production stages. We have the sizable team that it takes to get something like that off of the ground, but it's got a long runway in front of it,"

On UNCHARTED's major blow-out next week!! :D 👍​
Wells did offer a tease, saying, "We sure hope you're surprised by how amazing it looks! It's going to be an exciting story, and I think people are going to really buy into this one in a way that I think is consistent with the rest of the stories. It's a standalone adventure like all of them are; we don't expect people to have played the past games to enjoy the current one. But you're going to get to experience Drake and his crew in a new way."

That would be awesome, I really liked the sections where we played as young Drake in U3.

Well, it seems NaughtyDog is indeed working on a new (5th) IP for the PS4 system.... 👍

Updated OP with info about the game, I'll add some here:

2014_06_09_U4_E3Trailer_Blog960x540.jpg

The next generation of Nathan Drake will explore what it means when Drake is forced back into the world of thieves. He will embark on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. It’s his greatest adventure yet and will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

That's all in-game footage!! :D 👍​

All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. That’s Nathan Drake rendered in 1080p full glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.

No doubt it looked great but I was hoping to see a little more after 6 months, although of course they've had problems. Still I will certainly be purchasing it but I doubt it's going to be out until late 2015, for the holiday so no rush to get a PS4 yet.

Yeah, it looks like they still have a lot of work left. Hopefully their problems are done with and they can kick it into gear.

Looking forward to it no doubt.

I'm glad they put a 1080/60 trailer on their website (211mb for a 2 minute video), Youtube strips so much of the quality, sharpness and fluidity away, not to mention the 30fps cap.

Uncharted: Comparisons - Nathan Drake

uncharted_comparisons___nathan_drake_by_gtone339-d7luui8.jpg

Seems Nate gotten a little older? Maybe he's in his late 30's in the 4th game?​

Back