[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's EndPS4 

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 410 comments
Wallpaper:

1920 x 1080

U4_E3_1920x1080.jpg

Comparison between the 1st & latest Uncharted - Nathan Drake

Last edited:
Well Corrine Yu just confirmed that the trailer was running in real time in a real game level on a PS4, no pre-rendering involved.

By God. What are games going to look like in 5 years time?

mind-blown.gif

Well Corrine Yu just confirmed that the trailer was running in real time in a real game level on a PS4, no pre-rendering involved.

By God. What are games going to look like in 5 years time?

This is something I always think about and bring up when discussing games with my friends. I believe the future looks very bright for games in regards to graphics and aesthetics.

I also always mention that it's still incredible that I can download a huge PS2 game onto my phone.

So in 10 years time, could I have GTA5 or GT6 on my iPhone 10?

I actually think that the story will told similar to Uncharted 2 and work backwards until it reaches the beginning point. Which could be right before Sully's possible death.
You could be right. :(

I actually think that the story will told similar to Uncharted 2 and work backwards until it reaches the beginning point. Which could be right before Sully's possible death.

That would be an interesting flash-forward at the start. Looking forward to knowing Nathan Drake's real name & his interests on this pirates treasure.

That would be an interesting flash-forward at the start. Looking forward to knowing Nathan Drake's real name & his interests on this pirates treasure.
If there's one thing we know, Drake always has his reasons for going after treasure, so I think this could be a past enemy. After all, when has Sully ever sounded like he had genuine concern like he did in the trailer?

Last edited:
If there's on thing we know, Drake always has his reasons for going after treasure, so I think this could be a past enemy. After all, when has Sully ever sounded like he had genuine concern like he did in the trailer?

Yeah, could be Sully's old arch-nemesis from his old treasure-hunting days I suppose.

According to a NaughtyDog staff/blogger, the music used for the Uncharted 4 trailer is composed by Jóhann Jóhannsson, not done by Greg Edmonson, previously composed the themes of the previous Uncharted games.

He words it in a way that makes it sound like Nate isn't dying, then again, he probably doesn't want to spoil anything.

I sure hope so, I would love to see a good cinematic trailer, but I don't think we will see that till E3 2015, I'm thinking it will be a November 2015 release...hope I'm wrong though.

Okay, just to confirm that the trailer is not pre-rendered CGI, here's another comment from a ND employee:
Naughty Dog... these guys are insane. Starting with the first Uncharted they made me as loyal as I could get to a game developer, and 4 has got all the potential to be stunning.

For those saying Sully is probably going to die, I have to believe you're right, and it'll make Nathan quit his treasure hunting days for good. Maybe even a close call with Elena thrown in there too, but I'd rather not think about those two situations. :nervous:

For those saying Sully is probably going to die, I have to believe you're right, and it'll make Nathan quit his treasure hunting days for good. Maybe even a close call with Elena thrown in there too, but I'd rather not think about those two situations. :nervous:

Nothing's confirmed so far, yet we could just speculate on this every day. Heck, Nolan North, voice/ Mo-cap actor of Nathan Drake, says that the 4th title is the very last one.

Naughty Dog... these guys are insane. Starting with the first Uncharted they made me as loyal as I could get to a game developer, and 4 has got all the potential to be stunning.

Anyway, NaughtyDog always tap into every-single consoles power. Check out their previous IP games, such as Crash Bandicoot on the PS1, Jak & Daxter on the PS2, Uncharted 1 - 3 & The Last of Us on the PS3.

All great looking franchises & Story too! :)

Okay, just to confirm that the trailer is not pre-rendered CGI, here's another comment from a ND employee:

We know it's not pre-rendered but there is a difference between in-engine and in gameplay. Look at GT6 trailers, they're all "in engine" but we all know it doesn't look that good in gameplay. I'm sure U4 will look great but it's never going to look as good as that trailer in actual gameplay.

I find "Our trailer doesn't look good enough to be prerender CGI" a strange thing to say. I get what she is saying but it comes across as a little negative somehow.

I find "Our trailer doesn't look good enough to be prerender CGI" a strange thing to say. I get what she is saying but it comes across as a little negative somehow.

I get what she is saying, If it was pre rendered it would have looked like alot of CGI trailers we saw, I bet that's how the game will almost look with cut scenes being a little better than this.

We know it's not pre-rendered but there is a difference between in-engine and in gameplay. Look at GT6 trailers, they're all "in engine" but we all know it doesn't look that good in gameplay. I'm sure U4 will look great but it's never going to look as good as that trailer in actual gameplay.

Seems your nick-picking?

Anyway, have you ever played any Uncharted games or the Last of Us? Both IP's cutscenes are pretty close to the real gameplay level graphics.

Here's an example from a section of Uncharted 3 with seamless gameplay:

Seems your nick-picking?

Anyway, have you ever played any Uncharted games or the Last of Us? Both IP's cutscenes are pretty close to the real gameplay level graphics.

Here's an example from a section of Uncharted 3 with seamless gameplay:

I'm not nitpicking and yes, I've played all three Uncharted games and enjoyed them immensely. I'm also very much looking forward to this game no matter how it looks, I was just noting that you shouldn't get carried away and expect that quality in gameplay because 'in engine' doesn't always equal 'gameplay'.

I'm not nitpicking and yes, I've played all three Uncharted games and enjoyed them immensely. I'm also very much looking forward to this game no matter how it looks, I was just noting that you shouldn't get carried away and expect that quality in gameplay because 'in engine' doesn't always equal 'gameplay'.

Good to hear! But have you played The Last of Us? That's the final PS3 game that ND has developed for 3 years.

Anyway, it's not just all about the graphics, it's about the gameplay too.

Well we shall find out in 2 months time at Gamescom for another gameplay trailer this time. ;)

----------------------------------------------------

A fan reaction to the Uncharted 4 trailer.

^ He's right, not CGI-pre-rendered cutscene, just used the PS4's System architecture used for it.​

Last edited:
That's what I though, although I find it will be a bit hard, but they still have alot of optimization to go, so arguably it may improve. Unless they go Watchdogs on us.

Back