[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's EndPS4 

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 410 comments
Interested in seeing how they screw this up.

Right? :lol: It looks like a generic third person shooter. The pacing is so much slower than U3. I loved U3's multiplayer because it was so fast and you got back into the action relatively quickly.

Right? :lol: It looks like a generic third person shooter. The pacing is so much slower than U3. I loved U3's multiplayer because it was so fast and you got back into the action relatively quickly.
It's inbetween Uncharted 2 and 3 speed, and Uncharted 3 needed to be more fluid.

It's inbetween Uncharted 2 and 3 speed, and Uncharted 3 needed to be more fluid.

Really? I don't recall having any issues with the maps on U3, except for climbing. Sometimes, the character wouldn't jump up to grab a ledge and would just awkwardly taunt at a wall. Perhaps I haven't noticed the same things as you since you've been playing for much longer than me.

It would've been cool if it was more fluid than Uncharted 3, now with double the FPS and a better chance at balancing it all, but instead they just slowed down the entire pace of the match with downing mechanics and slow movement.

Uncharted 3 was very fast, but it needed some more fluidity in animation to keep up with that speed, framedata got really slow for certain animations in crucial times.

Last edited:
It would've been cool if it was more fluid than Uncharted 3, now with double the FPS and a better chance at balancing it all, but instead they just slowed down the entire pace of the match with downing mechanics and slow movement.

Uncharted 3 was very fast, but it needed some more fluidity in animation to keep up with that speed, framedata got really slow for certain animations in crucial times.

Ok, now I understand. I wasn't sure what you meant.

Yeah, the downing mechanic is crap. U2 & U3 didn't have it because it didn't fit the games. We also didn't have AIs getting kills for us.

Uncharted TV is back, taunts are back and look exactly the same as those in Uncharted 3, hats are back but have no stats to be seen, Lazarevic and Flynn are confirmed, variant skins are now under the same character instead of separate. That's as much as I can see from the new menus.

When matchmaking locks itself I can see that there are now two separate loadout menus that have both presets and customs respectively. That moment when your crew is on point screen is back but now both teams are shown.

In-game money is used for upgrading gear and weapons on the spot, looks like it's not a slow as I thought seems there still is a sort of flow of movement, and the animations are much smoother and faster now. I'm really fond of what they did with Melee. Drake summoned the Brute from Uncharted 3 co-op and he's still really strong.

You know seeing proper gameplay might change my opinion, looks like it hasn't lost what made Uncharted 3 so hype.

Last edited:
Seems that the U4 MP Beta may release earlier than previously scheduled on Friday?

Source

Will have to double check whether my region (NZ-PAL) gets it early on Thursday, if not then its out on Friday due to us being 18 hrs ahead of U.S.

Looking forward to this! 👍

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer BETA is ACTIVE right now, in PAL territories at the moment. 👍

Downloaded the 7.1gb BETA via Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4).

More info.

uncharted.png

She reminds me of Kandyse McClure
Kandyse_McClure_Wondercon_2013_(cropped).jpg

Last edited:
@Ddrizle: I thought the newly announced character is portrayed by Laura Bailey? Nevermind. :)

Anyway, the U4 MP BETA is very impressive. Loving the performance & new animation as well.👍

I believe you're correct about Nadine Ross' (new characters name) voice.

Oh okay. Now we have a bunch of spoiler clips, there should be a Story/launch trailer right after this. Perhaps we shall see it either the end of this month, or early next year, prior to March 18, 2016.

New Uncharted 4 promo picture & fresh new trailer shown prior to Star Wars Ep 7 at selective US Cinemas, during the weekend.

Click on promo image below for more info:

Back