[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's EndPS4 

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 410 comments
I really hate button mash QTE endings -
I'm a damn good fencer with experience with quite a few blade types (not including Cutlass, but I do with Sabre, which is essentially the same approach) and let me say that this one has been badly designed, not allowing you to block and riposte but only to react to Rafe's attacks - hell, that's one of the most basic moves after block or attack

I really hate button mash QTE endings -
I'm a damn good fencer with experience with quite a few blade types (not including Cutlass, but I do with Sabre, which is essentially the same approach) and let me say that this one has been badly designed, not allowing you to block and riposte but only to react to Rafe's attacks - hell, that's one of the most basic moves after block or attack

I have no experience with any kind of melee fighting, but I thought the ending fight was awesome. It was a perfect mix of QTE while still allowing the player some control over the fight. For the first time in the franchise, we have an ending boss that, to me at least, felt like it belonged in a Hollywood set piece. The only things I'd change is his death, as him getting squashed was very anti climatic. And I'd also have liked for the fight to take place on the entire ship, Pirates of the Caribbean style, rather than just in one room.

But overall, i really enjoyed that boss. The amount of different animations they have for that fight is also really impressive.

I have no experience with any kind of melee fighting, but I thought the ending fight was awesome. It was a perfect mix of QTE while still allowing the player some control over the fight. For the first time in the franchise, we have an ending boss that, to me at least, felt like it belonged in a Hollywood set piece. The only things I'd change is his death, as him getting squashed was very anti climatic. And I'd also have liked for the fight to take place on the entire ship, Pirates of the Caribbean style, rather than just in one room.

But overall, i really enjoyed that boss. The amount of different animations they have for that fight is also really impressive.
I agree that it was exciting and fitting, I suppose my quibble is the limitation in the response mechanics
I'm sure though that to create the AI code capable of responding to the player's thrusts, parries, feints and general movements, would be a very difficult task.

Are there any multiplayer gamemodes that eliminate the "down" mechanic along with the AI characters?

Does the glitch for the crushing trophy still work?

As far as I'm aware it was patched within the first few weeks. Assuming you're talking about the 2nd save slot glitch that allowed you to skip straight to the epilogue on crushing/speed run playthrough.

As far as I'm aware it was patched within the first few weeks. Assuming you're talking about the 2nd save slot glitch that allowed you to skip straight to the epilogue on crushing/speed run playthrough.
Pretty much. I mean I will eventually finish the game on crushing even if I have to use Bonuses, but still..

I just seen last night, there is some single player DLC, but it's combined with MP, and it's $25. Anybody bought that yet, and is the SP part any good? I don't play MP in any Uncharted, so don't want to waste the money if the story add on sucks.

MMX
I just seen last night, there is some single player DLC, but it's combined with MP, and it's $25. Anybody bought that yet, and is the SP part any good? I don't play MP in any Uncharted, so don't want to waste the money if the story add on sucks.
The SP DLC will be post-launch and I don't know if anyone has said when, as yet. I think I'll be getting just that as ND's type of MP doesn't interest me either.

The SP DLC will be post-launch and I don't know if anyone has said when, as yet. I think I'll be getting just that as ND's type of MP doesn't interest me either.
So it hasn't been released yet? I just happen to notice it under the Uncharted 4 icon on the XMB, so I clicked it, and it took me to the PS store, so I thought it was ready.

Not all developers 🤬 over their consumers by withholding content from their games to release as DLC's right after release...
True and I understand that, but still seems to me that 6+ months after release is a very long wait for additional content. I suppose have adjusted to the ridiculous launch DLC of today's games.

Either way, I am looking forward to the single player content, whenever it comes out.

Picked this up yesterday and am having so much fun with it! Currently at Scotland and everything about it is pretty much perfect. The shooting blends really well with handtohand combat and the blind firing is finally kinda accurate and usable. Climbing seems greatly improved. AI seem to be much better, with them actually taking cover as soon as I start shooting them and the environmental destruction is incredible, I mostly noticed this at the shootout at the end of the Italian level. I also quite like the stealth segments and they seemed quite well done.

Didn't play the game, but I sat through an entire series of walkthrough videos.

I'm still amazed Naughty Dog decided to keep a wooden fence as sufficient protection from an RPG. :lol:

There's a wooden elevator that gets shot at with RPGs and grenades and nothing breaks. The plot armor couldn't be thicker. Perhaps it would have been best to leave explosives out of that part of the gun fight.

But anyway, the story's super.

I absolutely love how they brought Crash Bandicoot, PS1 and tied in all the stories from the past games into the intro sequence and the epilogue. The character relationship is awesome. This is what I felt was best with the game.

Rafe became stupid at the end. His drive was to not let the Drake Bros. have the glory, but they were willing to walk away and give that credit to him. Yet he still wanted their lives. What a loser. The sword fight was dragged on for too long, because while Rafe was committing too hard to those swings Drake could have easily put the sword in his belly and ended it all.

If you recall the part where Sam decides to ditch the group, and the rest leave it up to Nate to find him since they couldn't climb up the wall, Nate could have just used his rope to pull them up. If you noticed in that cutscene, you'll see his rope isn't even present!

The new detection system that shows a gauge of how alert the enemy is of your presence is quite silly. You can run up to a guy who will take almost a second to notice you. For casual play, I suppose it's alright, but it's easily exploited as seen in the walkthrough I watched.

I just bought the game because of the 37% price cut. I didn't know about the game crashing errors before doing so. Probably the most anticipated first-party title in PS4 history and it doesn't even work? Awesome.

I've more or less played through it 4 times plus a little MP for the trophies, and I've not experienced a single crash either.

Back