New Zealand
Auckland New Zealand
gtone339
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
------------------------

Release date: May 10, 2016

2014_06_09_U4_E3Trailer_Blog960x540.jpg

From Naughtydog (2014):

You’ve been waiting for it and it’s finally here. At E3 2014 we unveiled two trailers, one for eachof the PS4 projects we’re currently developing. The UNCHARTED game we’ve been working on sees the return of…well, why don’t you watch the high quality 1080p60 trailer and see for yourself:

(NOTE: A powerful PC and a high speed internet connection is required to stream video at 1080p and 60fps – otherwise you may experience buffering or video playback issues. If you consistently encounter issues, you can view lower quality versions on YouTube.)

All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. That’s Nathan Drake rendered in 1080p full glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.

The next generation of Nathan Drake will explore what it means when Drake is forced back into the world of thieves. He will embark on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. It’s his greatest adventure yet and will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

Last edited:
Sad... Would've much rather they focused on the Last of Us universe, instead of this nonsense. U3 was simply horrible, so I'm skeptical to say the least.

Sad... Would've much rather they focused on the Last of Us universe, instead of this nonsense. U3 was simply horrible, so I'm skeptical to say the least.

Was not horrible, was great and fun but i rather they focus on Last of "US too. It has more potential and it's more powerful. Uncharted has been exploited way enough now. It's time to move on.

IGN - Uncharted PS4 Teaser Trailer Analysis

Seems to be around the Golden Age of Piracy (17th/18th century)?​

Seems to be around the Golden Age of Piracy (17th/18th century)?​
I thought it's about Drake searching for some sort of lost treasure or similar from that era...

EDIT: Perhaps that's what you were trying to say and I simply misunderstood it.

Really? Admittedly I haven't gotten around to actually beating U3, but what I have played of it seemed better than the great but overrated U2.

And while I adore The Last of Us, I don't think it'd be a good idea to make it into a series. It should be left as a standalone masterpiece.

Wow, ND must be really busy right now, one team working on this and their other team still working on TLOU.

Corrine Yu is incredible ? Best joke I heard in months... She just made a favor to Microsoft.
Microsoft doesn't need mercenaries!
I bet my life that Halo 5 will sell more than Uncharted 4.

This news surely fortifies me in my faith that late 2014 is a good time to get a PS4. At least for me. :)
tumblr_mfz294rxPy1rn2973o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Be careful someone doesn't take you up on that bet...

Anyway, how could the two games be fairly pitted against each other? Different genres altogether...

Sorry my mistake. In fact, isn't fair comparing Uncharted with Halo.
Everybody knows that, Halo is far better than Uncharted.

Everybody knows that, Halo is far better than Uncharted.
Not really everyone as personally I wouldn't play Halo even if I had an Xbox - just not my kind of game whereas Uncharted is...so it's more a matter of what you like really - the only way to judge in the end.

I sort of agree with this post. U3 was nowhere near the greatness of U1 and U2. It was also considerably easier even on the highest difficulty, which pisses me off to no end.

This might be pre-Uncharted game, like you play in the presence with Nathan Drake, discover some locations / ruins and ask question how that happens leaded by some clues left by he's old relative Drake in the past and then they could introduce how those events occurred.

Like Nathan Drake discovers sinked ship and ask how that happens, then game takes player into the past and give us opportunity to take part in that disaster. This reminds me the intro in Uncharted 2 with crashed train, when you started the game and later in it you take part in train crash. Would be cool

Yeah, I passed on Uncharted 3 but might take when I see it really cheap.

Graphics will be awesome on PS4 but I'm a little skeptical too.

Back