[PS4] WEDNESDAYS - Join us on Project Cars 2Finished 

Hello. Are theese races for aliens, or medium skilled drivers also are welcome?

Hi Napalm - None of the members are Aliens (GT Academy level). No one is turned away as long as they do their best to drive cleanly and fairly - any speed is ok - slow drivers just have to give some room when being lapped by the leaders. The top drivers are fast, but I am slow. All speeds are welcome from Novice upwards. Hopefully there will be someone within the group of a similar speed so that you always get a satisfying race.

We have space for you - just send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder2 and let me know what number you want to use. You can try racing with us tonight in the final round of our Monday series for the BMW 2002 SW or Mercedes AMG 6.8 (choose which you prefer) - this will be a superb race around Willow Springs - slow cars and a fast track always seem to create a great race and it could be a great way to try us out and see if we are fast enough for you!

I'll take #86... looking forward to Donington...

OUU i like that car (86) matt grey and yellow it's a nice combo. I also liked 88 & 72 I normally have the number 8 cars but it was not symmetrical.
I am also looking forward to Donington should be a fun race, Its a fast flowing track no idea on laptimes yet i might have a blast later if i get some free time. Has anyone done any practice and have a laptime?

Hello. Are these races for aliens, or medium skilled drivers also are welcome?
Hi Napalm hope to see you Wednesday 👍

How much time take race REALY? It is +2 hours in my country, so I am afraid it could be to late for me.

The whole meeting only takes one hour.
The schedule is as follows:
Invitations sent out just before 20:30 BST
5 Minutes practise
10 Minutes qualification
5 Minutes warmup (comfort break for old folk)
30 Minutes race
Meeting finishes just before 21:30

It would be from 10.30pm to 11.30pm for you in Vilnius @Napalm_LT

Has anyone done any practice and have a laptime?
I have done a little practice however a lap time would require me to stay on the track and not on the grass! Must try harder.

OK, I'm in for today and Wednesday. I'm new in pCars and it is a bit complicated compared to GT series. hopefully Willow Spring was in the GT6, Donington is a new one for me. and interior view also new for me :)
Got tired from bad company in online races, so decided to chose closier comunity.

I should sent friend request for @Sick_Cylinder2 via PSN - am I right? Can I choose number 25?

OK, I'm in for today and Wednesday. I'm new in pCars and it is a bit complicated compared to GT series. hopefully Willow Spring was in the GT6, Donington is a new one for me. and interior view also new for me :)
Got tired from bad company in online races, so decided to chose closier comunity.

I should sent friend request for @Sick_Cylinder2 via PSN - am I right? Can I choose number 25?

Yes - Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder2

25 should be ok - I presume that is for Wednesday.

Don't worry about a number for tonight as it is the last round - just choose the BMW 2002 SW or Mercedes AMG 6.8. Next week on Monday we start a new series with a different car.

Do you use a wheel or hand controller? I have heard that Project Cars is difficult with a hand controller.

Just stick with it, it will feel horrible at first. I only made the switch from bonnet cam myself about 2 months back. It is so much better with the wheel once you get used to the view. But just remember your view point is not in the middle of the car anymore so think about your spatial awareness. Especially when overtaking and leaving space for others 👍

I think I misunderstood about numbers. I should choose car painting I want and the number on the car will be my number? If yes - then I will use white/blue car number 81.

Also I have few questions:
1. Is the any differences between online and offline pace (like it is in GT6)?
2. How to set fuel level in online or offline practice? I want to do in eg. 20 laps stint, but have only 11 liters of fuel, which enough only for 5 laps.

I think I misunderstood about numbers. I should choose car painting I want and the number on the car will be my number? If yes - then I will use white/blue car number 81.

Also I have few questions:
1. Is the any differences between online and offline pace (like it is in GT6)?
2. How to set fuel level in online or offline practice? I want to do in eg. 20 laps stint, but have only 11 liters of fuel, which enough only for 5 laps.

First off the numbers, This is basically the number from the liveries, we use the numbers on the cars to pick the livery we want.

Q1, I dont think so. The only thing that will change the pace of the car is #1 car setup and #2 track conditions - the main one will be track temperature, affected by time of day, date of session & weather settings, Also you will get more grip as the track rubbers in this can affect pace too.
Sick uses the below settings and i assume that the date gets set to the race date.
Conditions
Light Cloud and 14:00 real time OR
Medium Cloud and 15:00 real time

Q2. You would normally set the fuel level in the cars set up screen. Which you access via the pit lane it's on the 4th or 5th page. You change pages by pressing R1 i think. You will have two option one for practice & race session's and 1 for qualifying session's. In free practice it is stupid you can not access the setup screen from the pit lane. You have to exit the session and do it in the garage section of the games home screen.

Sick runs default setups with no fuel usage so it is all locked out. when i practice i set up a private online lobby using sicks settings but with no AI. This way i know the track will right. There is not setup work and no worrying about fuel or tyres so i just lap. The setting's are in the second post on the first page of this thread. I hope this makes sense and helps 👍

What is "livery"? (look at my signature, please). I can't find this word in dictionary. I chose colors I want and there is a number 81 on car. if it isn't right I don't understand what I should do :(

Maybe I am to stupid for pCars (it was so simple everything in GT :( )
I created private online loby, set 30 min practice and 6 laps race. In setup menu fuel were 60 l or so for race, but when I entered track for 30 min. practice I had 11 l on board. It was due to 6 l race settings I entered?

livery = paint job / car colors

6L feul? are you sure you was in a practice session and not a qualifying session?
Also if fuel is set to off it wont matter

What is "livery"? (look at my signature, please). I can't find this word in dictionary. I chose colors I want and there is a number 81 on car. if it isn't right I don't understand what I should do :(

Maybe I am to stupid for pCars (it was so simple everything in GT :( )
I created private online loby, set 30 min practice and 6 laps race. In setup menu fuel were 60 l or so for race, but when I entered track for 30 min. practice I had 11 l on board. It was due to 6 l race settings I entered?

Hi Napalm - choose the number of car that you like. Livery means the colour and pattern of the car. Some cars (road cars) have no numbers so for those you choose a colour pattern (livery).

As @jod08 said we race with fuel and tyre wear set to off - there is therefore no need to worry about fuel, just make sure you set it to off for practising. It is different to GT6, but you will soon get used to it.

Wed Transition Round 1 Spa.jpg

Above points table for round one.

Congratulations SimbaLora and Mr Tree - Lotus 49 Championship Winners
Congratulations to @Mr Tree for winning the Lotus 49 overall championship and also to @AndreasR for winning the Lotus 49 (non-wing) championship.

Lotus 49 Final.jpg

Next Round - Ruf GT3 Donnington Park National - SPACES AVAILABLE !!! - send friend request to Sick_Cylinder2

livery = paint job / car colors

6L feul? are you sure you was in a practice session and not a qualifying session?
Also if fuel is set to off it wont matter

I set:
Practice 1 - 30 min.
Practice 2 - 0
Qualy - 0
Race - 6 laps (if I remember right).

Default setup - Yes
Fuel/Tyre - Off

When I entered practice I had 11 litters of fuel and must pit every 5 laps. Now I think it was due to 6 laps race settings. I'll try today with 30 min. race settings.

Something was not set right you do not have to pit with fuel set to off. Or your game was messed up. Or you had damage?

when fuel is set to off it never uses any so you start and finish with with the same fuel load

Last edited:
Sorry guys for accidents but this race was stupid. AI were so slow and it iwas imposible to expect when car in front starts to brake. Blue flags werent in this race.

Sorry for crash in the 1 or 2 lap. I think I gave back a position, but letters there so small and cant read names. Sorry

Last edited:
Good race everybody, I though you were Al Sick, when If caught me, we had a little battle.
Blue Flags were on Napalm, they were showing for me, maybe check settings you have.
I like Donnington Park, just has good flowing, bowl too the track.

Hope I didn't get in anyone's way, while being lapped.

Well that was interesting i did a 1:05.6 in practice but was way off in qualifying :odd:
race report:
Again I had a good start followed Tarbz for a few laps until he spun out gifting me first place. I did about 8-10 laps maintaining a nice gap. Then i hit an AI traffic jam it was bout 5 - 6 cars in a bunch:eek:. Why don't they get out the way ffs this took half my lead as U4IK stormed past them easy. Then for the next 8-10 laps U4IK was slowly closing the gap as we navigated the field again. But on the second to last lap I got stuck behind a backmarker. I had to follow it for almost a full lap till he went off :mad:. This car alone took 4-5 seconds off my lead. Well U4IK was soon all over me i knew he had the pace to get passed the way he was catching me mid race. Then coming in to the last corner on the last lap i looked in my mirror what a mistake. I missed my braking point, locked up, went off track & got a 5 sec penalty. U4IK just said thanks and took the race win with a smile lol Dam it!
I think i have the finishing positions if you need them sick. Here is my onboard

Well that was interesting i did a 1:05.6 in practice but was way off in qualifying :odd:
race report:
Again I had a good start followed Tarbz for a few laps until he spun out gifting me first place. I did about 8-10 laps maintaining a nice gap. Then i hit an AI traffic jam it was bout 5 - 6 cars in a bunch:eek:. Why don't they get out the way ffs this took half my lead as U4IK stormed past them easy. Then for the next 8-10 laps U4IK was slowly closing the gap as we navigated the field again. But on the second to last lap I got stuck behind a backmarker. I had to follow it for almost a full lap till he went off :mad:. This car alone took 4-5 seconds off my lead. Well U4IK was soon all over me i knew he had the pace to get passed the way he was catching me mid race. Then coming in to the last corner on the last lap i looked in my mirror what a mistake. I missed my braking point, locked up, went off track & got a 5 sec penalty. U4IK just said thanks and took the race win with a smile lol Dam it!
I think i have the finishing positions if you need them sick. Here is my onboard

Yes - please post the results so I can update the tables. Also, thanks for posting the replay - it's nice to watch.

Sorry guys for accidents but this race was stupid. AI were so slow and it iwas imposible to expect when car in front starts to brake. Blue flags werent in this race. Sorry for crash in the 1 or 2 lap. I think I gave back a position, but letters there so small and cant read names. Sorry

Yes - the writing is very small. A couple of times I gave away positions thinking I was being lapped. With braking - try to stay to the side of the car you are following when in braking zones - both AI and human drivers may brake early or be unpredictable or there may be lag. The country flag in GT used to help me a lot with recognizing drivers as in "Sick's race Room" we have always had people from many different countries.

Hopefully I get a chance to practise before the next round so I am not so embarrassingly slow!

My best lap in practice was 1:05,2, but in qualy I didn't had any more or less clean lap and was slower for 4 seconds. Next time I will do practice with AI, becauce I dont know how to race with them.

Is it possible to join friens loby, or you always send inwites to all players?

Last edited:
Back