[PS4] WEDNESDAYS - Join us on Project Cars 2Finished 

Hi all I'm Jody (jod08) just call me Jod. The mod's have fixed my account i can now post :cheers:

It was a fun race and I am looking forward the next one. Never been to Watkins glen before I had a quick look at the track before the Monza race. Its a tough track to learn and these low grip cars don't help. Do you guy do practice lobby's?

Also sorry John I was looking at my tyre temps didn't know you was stationary and i couldn't get out the way fast enough. I dont know how it didn't end my race tbf as i was at full speed. Luckily it was right by the pit entry and i managed to crawl in with three wheels. I hope the impact didn't hurt your wrists with the ffb on the wheel again very sorry.

@ John its the ctr3 gt1x its in the same class as the Zonda-R and i think it was a pre-order bonus car?

Maybe we could do a feature race at spa some time this weekend? seen as its the Belgium gp?

Sorry lad's i forgot about this I was waiting for some dates/time ideas back. So how about this Saturday/Sunday if ppl are available? i am normally available from 7pm
I still need to look at Watkins glen before tomorrows race so if i get on later and anyone is online ill send in invite and up to you if u join or not.

This track is hard in this car in 40 mins of practice i could not do more than 5 laps without having to pit for damage. I also could not beat the AI's time in the session. I think this is going to be a long slow race for me with a few pit tours lol.

This track is hard in this car in 40 mins of practice i could not do more than 5 laps without having to pit for damage. I also could not beat the AI's time in the session. I think this is going to be a long slow race for me with a few pit tours lol.

Try setting the field to 12 opponents, AI at 100 and start midfield - race length 15 minutes. If you do one or two of those it will build speed and get your heart racing. Then drop the AI to 40 (like our race) and set the field to max (I think 42) and start last - just relax and take your time (get yourself into endurance mode), perhaps no overtaking on lap 1 to let the field spread out and just pick off the cars one by one whenever it's really safe - both races are very enjoyable in their way.

Really looking forward to tonight's race - everyone relax and just go for a pass if it looks safe and stay to the side of other cars in braking zones to prevent rear end shunts. Hopefully a good race will be had by all!

So its not the Caterham 7 that were driving.

http://uk.caterhamcars.com/

Hi John - We are going to be using the Caterham 7 Classic on Monday's after we have finished the current BMW v Merc series.

On Wednesday's we will use the Ruf GT1-X after we have finished the current Lotus 49 series.

What are the boards currently looking like? :)

Hi Mr Tree - What do you mean? The PC2 boards are busy, but the PC! boards are understandably quiet - have I understood your question?

Results from "The Glen"

the glen lotus49.jpg

See you soon

Good race everyone, least I didn't get taken out on the first lap like 2 races before.
I got pushed by the Al a couple of times, so didn't want too get caught. Just tried to keep focused all race, was sweating at the end.

Did anyone else get damage?:ouch:

I had an awesome race thanks for letting me in sick 👍.

Good race everyone, least I didn't get taken out on the first lap like 2 races before.
I got pushed by the Al a couple of times, so didn't want too get caught. Just tried to keep focused all race, was sweating at the end.

I lost it on lap 5 at turn 5 and hit the wall my wheel was at 11 o'clock on the straight's and my brakes had vibration forcing a pit stop. Then it was push like hell to catch Simba. Man is he is quick in that car without the wings lol. I think the Ai helped a bit although they nearly took me out on the 2nd to last lap. Man they are stupid you have to try and guess what there going to do lol and is it me or do they ignore the blue flags?

whats next where and what?

Lost my wheel 5 minutes before end race. Our meurica friends up in NY need to learn how to build safe tracks :@

I have had flick back and im a bit lost too john lol. I think i read it like this

06 Sep - Silverstone GP in the type 49's to replace the missed race. Shall i grab the no winged car for this sick?
then
13th Sept we start the GT1-X Championship instead of using the group a's using the same tracks from the table but a week behind.

Is there any chance we could do the Silverstone international in the gt1-x's before the 13th so we start At spa on the 13th and follow the dates in the tables. There is two weeks to get a date sorted

Also the 5 min practice for some track and car combos its not even long enough for a flying & fast lap. Would it not be better to add 5 mins to qualify and forget the practice session altogether?

I have Jod, its quite quick only a little test. Usually RUFs are hard to drive, they where in Gran Turismo, more testing. To see how it handles.:rolleyes:

Are the tracks the same for Wednesday thats in the table Sick?:)

Yes, except Silverstone International is cancelled and replaced with Silverstone GP in the Lotus 49 (or 49C if you are currently a 49C driver) - this replaces the missed round from earlier in the season. This will be the last round and is the 8th in the season.

We then switch to the Ruf GT1-X and stick to the tracks in the table i.e.

1 Spa
2 Donnington
3 Willow
4 Zolder
5 Hockenheim
6 Oulton
7 Brands - 25th October

@John Wells will have the option to use either the Zonda or Ruf GT1-X cars depending on his preference. The rest of us will stick with the Ruf. You can start posting up your preferred liveries now if you want. John - I suggest you pick a livery for both cars in case you want to swap between them.

On 1st November we will start on Project Cars 2 - tracks and car TBA.

The Monday series will switch to Project Cars 2 the following week - on the first Monday of November, which is the 6th - tracks and car TBA.

Shall i grab the no winged car for this sick?

Please stick with the type of Lotus 49 that you are currently driving - i.e. 49C for Jod, 49 for Mr Tree and Simba.

Also the 5 min practice for some track and car combos its not even long enough for a flying & fast lap. Would it not be better to add 5 mins to qualify and forget the practice session altogether?

The purpose of the 5 minutes practise in our room is primarily to give a few minutes for people to arrive so that they don't miss the start of qualifying. You can also use it to get a quick feel for the car before qualifying starts. The second 5 minute period is for us old folk to have a comfort break before the race.

It's a bit late now but I've tried out Watkins Glen and what a great track it is. Fast sweeping bends with lots of rises and falls makes me sorry I missed it now. So many new tracks, cars and features to learn. I'll just have it all sorted out and you'll have moved onto Pcars 2. :)

I actually quite like the wing less type 49 its a blast to drive.

The RUF GT1 is fun, lots of go and indeed stop.

It's a bit late now but I've tried out Watkins Glen and what a great track it is. Fast sweeping bends with lots of rises and falls makes me sorry I missed it now. So many new tracks, cars and features to learn. I'll just have it all sorted out and you'll have moved onto Pcars 2. :)

I actually quite like the wing less type 49 its a blast to drive.

The RUF GT1 is fun, lots of go and indeed stop.

Are you not getting p cars2?

Are you not getting p cars2?
Possibly maybe. ;)

I've only recently moved over to the PS4 (I'm still GT6ing) and have not yet had much chance to try out PC1 and Assetto Corsa. So I'll stick with those for now and wait for reports on how the new games, both PC2 and GTs, seem to be before deciding which way to jump. It's a bit expensive at launch to get both.

Possibly maybe. ;)

I've only recently moved over to the PS4 (I'm still GT6ing) and have not yet had much chance to try out PC1 and Assetto Corsa. So I'll stick with those for now and wait for reports on how the new games, both PC2 and GTs, seem to be before deciding which way to jump. It's a bit expensive at launch to get both.

I have heard good things about Assetto but have never played it. Tbf i was always a F1 man but not getting it this year. Not with p cars 2 4 weeks away. I have pre-ordered the deluxe edition of P.Cars 2 off the psn and I can not wait lol.I know there be bugs but there is always bugs with new games. Another reason for not getting F1 its always messed up for a month or two. I have also pre ordered GT-sport from game. Although i might be tempted to get the special edition of GT off the psn too. 2.5 million game credits and about 20 extra cars plus not moving to change games lol.

Did some testing at Spa in the RUF, Zonda. Did few laps in each, I will pick RUF, handled quite good.

Let you know colour later.

Ill grab No:29 please, I did 15 laps yesterday at spa and i didn't like it. I find the car has understeer unless you approach the corners real slow. Also found the rears lock easy if you down shift to fast. Out of interest john what was your lap times? best i did was a 2:19 most of the rest was a mess or didn't count.

EDIT: I joined a random lobby yesterday at Silverstone gp / historic F1. i was expecting the Lotus 49's but it was the Lotus 98t wow that is alot of fun. This could make an awesome car for the future

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to tonight's race lads. Ive done no practice so what time is the lobby open tonight i could do with some laps before hand.

On a side note I found myself doing a few races with tarbz in the 98T and the C9 well mainly the 98T :) wow these old cars are awesome never would of even looked at them if i never came on here.

Back