[PS4] WEDNESDAYS - Join us on Project Cars 2Finished 

I'm looking forward to tonight's race lads. Ive done no practice so what time is the lobby open tonight i could do with some laps before hand.

On a side note I found myself doing a few races with tarbz in the 98T and the C9 well mainly the 98T :) wow these old cars are awesome never would of even looked at them if i never came on here.

Funny - I think of them as nearly new cars!

I strongly recommend that you try the Lotus 78 as that is really nice - the 72 would be nice, but the front is shovel shaped so it scoops up other cars and this makes it difficult to race.

It's our last Lotus 49 round tonight so good luck everyone - hopefully I do better than last time. Watkins Glen GP is one of my favourite tracks whereas Silverstone GP is probably my least favourite.

Results from Silverstone

Silverstone GP 49 Lotus.jpg

Well really good race, great for all the top podium people. I could see you had a problem, MrTree, thought you were Al for a while, cause sort of off the track sometimes. Its hard too drive these cars with damage.
I was just being very cautious overtaking the Al, so didn't get any.

Are we going to racing these cars again Sick.

haha Mr.Tree you properly put me off in quali. Driffting out the hairpin up the old start straight it was quite impressive. Then you drifted towards the wall and i was looking behind expecting an explosion. You held it well and don't think you touched tbf. But while looking behind I rid the curb and got sucked off into the wall myself lol. There was not enough time left in the session to get back out again after this :banghead:.

I had another look at the ctr3 at spa and i am struggling not just for pace but staying on the track. This beast does not like my driving style at all! :boggled:

Andreas what is that you use for the data capture? and what else does it do?

Last edited:
Hi jod,
I´m using pcarsdash from pocketplayground.
As I do not know if this will work with pcars2 I can´t recommend it at this time, but when it does everyone should use it.
Besides showing the classification of all the opponents, it shows for ex. brake and tyre temperature, damage of the chassis, the engine and suspension and shifting point.

I didn't know p cars dash did that just thought it was car related only. I have a copy of android apk file on my laptop but ive never used it as i don't have a tablet. It looks like all apps will work with P.cars 2 as it uses the same protocol. A post from today click Here

Ruf Poster.jpg

To sign up - send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder2

Note: Racers who previously competed in the Lotus 49 Series are already signed up

This is a TRANSITION SERIES

Start on PC1 using a RUF GT3, switch when advised to PC2 Porsche GT3

Please read posts: 2 Settings, 3 Liveries & Numbers, 6 Rules then skip to post 339 on page 12 (this post)

Last edited:
Just to confirm @Sick Cylinder that it's the Ruf GT3 version you're using not the previously mentioned Ruf GT1-X?

When I can make it I'll take number 66 if that's ok.

I'm not sure what to practice with because I'm not quite sure what this means...
Force realistic driving aids - No
Does it mean that we can use the various driving aids that the real life car has or not? Not would of course make them more difficult to control than their non virtual counterparts which would be unrealistic. This is probably the most modern car you've used (?), TC and ABS seem to be fitted as standard and to some extent it needs them.

Last edited:
I'll be using number 58 which was always my number on GT5/6 - nice to get my old number back for a bit.

@IfAndOr yes - it's the GT3 Ruf. In the end I had to go for that car - it must have the worst flat six engine sound that I have ever heard - did SMS just mix up the sample with one from a 4 cylinder? This car enables us to run a transition series and swap part way through the season to a Porsche GT3 car.

It may be modern, but I prefer to keep the room settings constant with no driving aids,

I'll be using number 58 which was always my number on GT5/6
I noticed number 58, better not pick that one I thought. ;)

Bare with me I'm new to this Pcars malarkey - so the force realistic switched to yes would make drivers use the car's standard aids and off would give them the option to not use them? But this is overridden by the other settings anyway - sort of forced on and then off? Think I've got it.

Right if you have all the assists set to on in your main games options and abs & tc & sc is allowed in the multiplayer lobby and force realistic is off. you will have all assists on for that session regardless if the car has them or not.
Right now in the same lobby with the same cars we force realistic driver aids on. But do not change any other settings. if the car does not have tc or sc but has abs you will only have abs.
But if in the your main game options you have all assists disabled all of the above does not change anything in the multiplayer session and you won't have abs or tc or sc in any car regardless of options. I hope this makes sense lol

I hope this makes sense
Could you just go over that again. :mischievous:
I reckon I've got it now, or near enough anyway. Thanks. 👍

Here's one for you, does this apply to the AI drivers as well or just the humans? Saying that I'm not sure the AI need any aids since there's no throttle and brake involved. :dopey:

Pcars seems to have more options than... than... something with a lot of options.

have you looked at the ffb settings?
I think I counted 39 settings that could be adjusted! I managed with 3 in GT6.

I actually found some settings online that I quite like so I've left them at that. I haven't even tried altering any of the individual car FFB options.

If anyone is after any settings here's the site.

Another thought/question. Does adjusting FFB settings on individual cars count as being tuned?

If it's locked to default then you can not get into change the ffb setting anyway so I would say yes even though technically it's not a tune lol

Well its race dayyyyyy!!!! One of my favorite car's on one of the best tracks in the world. My only concern is that this car on a default setup can catch you out if your napping big time. I ain't had no practice yet and i'm hoping to get online about 7:30ish to get some laps in before the race. From what i remember the car laps the track in 2:30? so based on a that makes it a 12 lap race. I don't think we will even set a time in the warm up session while trying to dodge the AI lol. What length will the qualifying be sick 10 or 15mins? ouuu and lastly what was the tables in the lotus 49's in the end?

Well its race dayyyyyy!!!! One of my favorite car's on one of the best tracks in the world. My only concern is that this car on a default setup can catch you out if your napping big time. I ain't had no practice yet and i'm hoping to get online about 7:30ish to get some laps in before the race. From what i remember the car laps the track in 2:30? so based on a that makes it a 12 lap race. I don't think we will even set a time in the warm up session while trying to dodge the AI lol. What length will the qualifying be sick 10 or 15mins? ouuu and lastly what was the tables in the lotus 49's in the end?

15 minutes qualifying is a good idea for this track - I'll try to remember. I haven't had time to look at the tables yet - hopefully by the end of this week.

I'm hoping we get a classic 911 included in the DLC so we can try to be as good as Historic racing expert Roman Caresani (note how he touches the rear view mirror to stop vibrations for a clear check behind after Eau Rouge - he's so calm yet the car is on the edge! Lots of ignorant comments on YouTube as usual about the quality of his driving - the car moves around a lot because it's on Dunlop Cross Ply race tyres with a period replica tread pattern to match the 1965 car):

That is a good watch it looks like he is on ice in the last sector lol. Have you tryed the 1987 RUF CTR “Yellowbird” at all? i know its on the game but I've never used it. It reminds me of the black 964 turbo in bad boys what a sexy car that was and still is!!! One of my all time dream machines.

What an amazing night that was. Car and track combination was perfect! :D
Race Report:
I had a good start and got off the line clean Simba was never that far behind and you kept the pressure on. On lap 2 he was almost on my bumper at some parts. This worked well as i cracked and spun at the bus stop chicane and hit the wall head on :banghead:. I had a hole lap with my steering wheel at 10 o'clock. Plus there was something else wrong that was slowing the car so had to pit. I came out the pits in about 9-10th i think. This meant i would have to push to catch up. Lap after lap i was reeling the field in steaming passed everything and evryone. But with only 3 laps left Daley was 18 seconds ahead in second place. I did catch up to the back of him but ran out of time. One more lap and i would of had you Daley lol. What lap did you get damage?
Also sorry if i was aggressive passing anyone i was in the zone. I think your video helped Sick and i think you just let me passed too lol.
Simba i was hoping for a race long battle with you but i mess up under pressure. In a way i'm glad though because i had an amazing race thanks lads :cheers:. I have it recorded and ill probably upload it at some point this weekend.

I enjoyed the race, had a bad start, so dropped back bit. Also got damage, when I was overtaking the Al, wheel, same as Jods. Pitted, got repaired, car, was better to drive.

In practice I had some races, full grid, starting last, only made it too about 25, Al was fairly tough. So wasn't expecting too well, I think this car is maybe slightly easier too.

Back