[PS4]World GT4 Championship TDZdave beats karsten last race and is the Champion! 396 to 390 points!Finished 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 788 comments
Race 1

BUGATTI_Screenshot_2016_04_04_20_33_35.png

Great race at the end with @Glenalz81, shame I got such a crappy start.

Race 2

BUGATTI_Screenshot_2016_04_04_21_52_27.png

Last edited:
BAJNY!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!! Formation lap and he stops right in the middle of the track. Total suspension damage and race ruined. Tell you what, if he's in the next series I can guarantee he's going off in the first corner EVERY RACE!

BAJNY!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!! Formation lap and he stops right in the middle of the track. Total suspension damage and race ruined. Tell you what, if he's in the next series I can guarantee he's going off in the first corner EVERY RACE!
Pretty sure it was a glitch.

Don't know what you tallking about.how could you hit me if you were 3-4 possitions behind me.calm down

Don't know what you tallking about.how could you hit me if you were 3-4 possitions behind me.calm down

I was right behind you on the formation lap and your brake lights came on right in the middle of the corner so I turned but it was too late. It's always you! lol

I was right behind you on the formation lap and your brake lights came on right in the middle of the corner so I turned but it was too late. It's always you! lol
That was Dastardly, his pressures and stuff glitched and he got launched at T1/2 on the formation lap. Bajny was a few cars ahead at the time iirc.

My pov of it. Dastardly is uploading his video too as far as I'm aware. No bloody clue how I managed to avoid it, lol.

Can't fight against misfortune;

as all know, @TDZdave is the champion by 6 points a race accident meant the end of the championship for karsten. Later on comments and videos.

WyJNrox.png

In the Teams Scuderia Fronzini brings home the title, a small success after missing championship win.

3rd overall and 2nd in the team championship. Not bad considering we didn't get a single win between us. Top step next time!

For those wondering about Race 2:

a 40 seconds snip talks more than thousand words :D Tomorrow i'll post a comprehensive video and race/season reasoning and comments.

Thanks to all participants, without you this wouildn't have been so great!

Ah crap, that was me, sorry. I was just a passenger at that point :/

Last edited:
I cant believe I finally put together a season after almost 5 years of online racing!!!! Thank you to all who came, it was fun, glad I can turn my back on that car now and let it proudly collect dust :)

Race Overview

The season's last race had 2 interesting battles, first place between @TDZdave and karsten, and a 3 headed battle for third place between @Riggy @Glenalz81 and @McDastardly .

In Race 1 dave had the pole snatching another extra 1 point reducing karsten's lead to just 6 points. In the early part of the race Dave, glen and karsten managed to pull away together for a bit of time with karsten in 3rd until glen under pressure made a mistake and allowed karsten to get a promising 2nd place. At the end of Race 1 of final round karsten had a lead of 5 points, meaning he could finish 2 positions behind dave and be champion.

Race 2 started with a thrill when a weird crash caused the group to make an extra formation lap. Reverse grid meant that karsten was second to last and Dave in last position, granting the first a good spot to check on the race development and being able to hinder dave's effort.

On lap 5 the dedicing moment of the season suddenly broke the competition; riggy that was in 4th position right in front of Karsten (5th) and dave (6th) suddenly spun out and ended right in fron of karsten's car's that couldn't avoid it.

While Dave managed to sail through safely, karsten had severe suspension damages that caused him to pit a couple of laps later when he felt he could have managed to reach race end.

Ignoring Dave's position that along the race climbed up to 1st, karsten re-entered race after the forced stop 48 seconds behind last driver and managed to recover 2 position using up the tires up to the last breath ending in 6th after racing for 46 minutes on the same tires.

In the end @TDZdave brought home the title in the race that was smiling the most to karsten and that would have just asked a 3rd position to him.

Hope you'll all enjoy the video

Personal Remarks

It was an amazing serie, all in all. Probably the best personal performance i ever had in 4 years of gtp sanctioned events.

Still i'm feeling quite sad, for i saw one of those trains that will never be back at the station for me going. I do not think i'll ever be in position to be able to win or fight for the win in a serie, and as much slow i am (usually between 0.8 to 1.2seconds off dave or glen) i really feel i gave this my best shot ever, trying to be as professional as possible, driving to my limit as much as possible and avoiding as many mistakes and carshes as possible.

Losing this last Race 2 of the final round hurts quite a bit i'll be honest; can't blame much over myself for this. Such race accidents happens. I genuinely think it was just bad luck. It could have been Dave being sent off the championship as i was.

All in all i do not think i would have been a fitting winner, dave won 9 rounds and this speaks volumes, and he did skip a whole round once! :D

In the end i think it was a matter of luck; watching back i see the disconnection at Laguna seca while i was second that costed me 4-5 points, i was crashed out by others in both Oulton Park rounds, at Hockenheim i was crashed by a freak lag accident with Dastardly allowing Dave that was behind me to catch me a bit more...

Then the Zolder weekend where i have no clue what was wrong with me or the wheel/game... i did had some personal issues, but i felt pretty confident until getting on track and even had a few relaxed words with dave brfore the round. In Race 1 i had a crash with fili that i think was lag based...

And then the final Round, race 2, a fitting end of the season. If i had a bit of luck i would have probably closed the championship before last round, but i guess "luck favours the braves" or how they say, and i'm not a brave :D

karsten

PS: i think i'll take a week or a bit more off PCars to cool off the disappointment and getting the tension/stress down. I REALLY gave it all, and it was consuming to be so much obsessively focused, serious, aware of all around me for all those races. Then i'll think carefully about next serie or look around at those organized by others.

PPS: guys i expected a bit more of rooting for the underdog lol :D

Honestly mate, I thought it was gone from round 2, then doubled up with my poor performance at Oschersleben I genuinely thought that was it, having lost more points pushing it out to 27 points?? Gap i worked out i would have to win every race, and get every pole right through to the end and you could finish 5th or better each race and still win the series, just one position better at Zolder and Bugatti in the final races and I wouldn't have won, you did very well and its a shame 2 horrible corners in 2 races changed the outcome so drastically,

I had fun chasing it down though, I knew mathematically it was possible but didn't believe it was at ever possible,

Congrats Dave on winning the GT4 Drivers WC :cheers: My commiserations to Karsten for missing out by a hairs width in the DWC but well done on winning the Team championship with filipino.

Thanks to my Team mate Riggy for getting me involved, sure we could've done better if i'd picked the game up 9 months earlier but once an F1 addict......

I've had a mixed time of it in my 1st season @ GTP, enjoyed some of it, pulled my hair out at other times with the weird glitches in this game, pit stops especially, invisible walls at Hockenheim (to Karstens horror) & to round off the season.... a tyre pressure glitch (not the 1st time either) in both races (2.1 bar) before & after pitstop in race 2, it's like driving on bricks :irked: how many times do you need to check this & it still comes out wrong :banghead:

As for the formation lap in race 2, i'll try'n post up the start from my pov just so Snoop stops giving Bajny it in the ear, it was my car but i wasn't driving it..PSN Voodoo man. Enjoyed the battles with Snoop in the 2nd race, him with a damaged car & me on Tonka tyres, hope the scratches on your bonnet polish out dude.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my rookie GT driving, it can only get better i hope, see y'all later :gtpflag:

Back