PSA (RAIN CONDITIONS): No Grip Red. setting in Arcade Time Trial

France
France
The Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge setting (‘Low’, ‘Real’) is NOT available in Arcade Time Trial.

By default, and unchangeably, this setting is always on ‘Low’ in this mode. Meaning, you won’t be able to experience ‘Real’ grip levels.

UPDATE AFTER 1.43 (27/08/2019)
If you want realism, do NOT use Arcade TT for rain conditions as the “Wet Track” (and “Track Edge”) physics are are set to ‘Low’ by default and is worlds apart from the set by default ‘Real’ physics in Daily Race TT and Sport Mode TT, or which can be set to ‘Real’ in Lobby and Custom Race.

Difference between ‘Low’ and ‘Real’ “Track Edge”: Relatively small, but has a noticeable effect on the limit

Difference between ‘Low’ and ‘Real’ “Wet Track”: Extreme

Last edited:
The Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge setting (‘Low’, ‘Real’) is NOT available in Arcade Time Trial.. :banghead:

By default, and unchangeably, this setting is always on ‘Low’ in this mode. Meaning, you won’t be able to experience ‘Real’ grip levels.

There needs to be an option to use REAL settings in Arcade Time Trial!

Maybe wait for the up first? :odd:

Everyone practices online (lobby). You have every setting just like the dailies. Also, even if you had the same settings offline, the car behaves differently to online, so it's not useful.

I’m referring to Arcade time trial vs. Sport mode time trial (qualifying). Not talking about racing. There’s a big difference in grip (between those two I’m referring to).

I did not ask for your opinion.

You opened a public thread. If you want someone's input in specific, there are private messages for that.

I'm telling you cars behave differently offline and online so I don't see the point in being picky about a setting for off-track or wet surface, when you want to drive on track and wet surface is not in the game yet. Maybe the option will come tomorrow, maybe not.

Just do it as a custom race instead where you an change it to real. Set it to 20 laps, put yourself on pole and drive away. Make decent credits as well.

You should listen to his opinion though. Online (even practice/qualifying) is different to any offline mode, so the only way to practice properly for an upcoming online event is to use a lobby. Just as he said. ;)

I'm not sure this is the case. I quite often set a custom race to replicate a daily race and cars handling and laptimes are the same. Obviously you have to set BOP on the car which I reckon a lot of people forget about.

I remember gt5 and gt6 online and offline felt different but not felt the same thing in gt sport

I did not ask for your opinion.

Why would you be so rude to someone who answered you’re exact question in an attempt to help you? He gave you a readily available option to achieve your goal of matching the Daily settings, and you scoff at it? Just make it a friends only lobby if you don’t want intruders, driving offline doesn’t match driving online so the lobby is the only way to truly match the Daily settings. And I honestly don’t care I feel you wanted my opinion or not.

The Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge setting (‘Low’, ‘Real’) is NOT available in Arcade Time Trial.. :banghead:

I would guess arcade is not adjustable because that's the whole idea of arcade, turn the game on and drive or set up a lobby where you have options but it requires time to set up so it's not quite as simple. Then of course because there is no fuel weight in arcade (as I have been told) the car will always drive different so there is no reason to have options for track grip in arcade as online will never be duplicated.

Bumped after update.

Anyone tested whether the “Wet Track” physics are different like the “Track Edge” is on ‘Low’ compared to ‘Real’?

Update: Confirmed

Last edited:
Bumping because it’s relevant.

INB4: “Just to the the lobby”

You can say just go to the lobby but then I don’t get to load my ghost, have a +/- delta, and get to restart. Stop defending PD’s oversights.

If you doubt me just compare how the car behaves on curbs in this weeks Daily Race C on Interlagos compared to Arcade TT.

Anyone tested whether the “Wet Track” physics are different like the “Track Edge” is on ‘Low’ compared to ‘Real’?
On a wet track, with the setting on low, there is so much grip, even slicks work fine. With the setting on real, it feels much more realistic, and forget about slicks.

On a wet track, with the setting on low, there is so much grip, even slicks work fine. With the setting on real, it feels much more realistic, and forget about slicks.

If this is true and the entire wet track has more grip on ‘Low’ compared to ‘Real’ thats a shame.

David just made a video on wet physics here using Arcade TT settings which may give a false impression if that’s the case, I know for a fact the grip on curbs is different anyway which was one of his complaints here (curbs having too much grip).

Last edited:
Best stick to asking people who are literally next to you for an opinion seeing as you dont like members of the public offering theirs on a public website.

When I say I didn’t ask for his opinion it was specifically for this:

You're better off practicing TT in a lobby.

Maybe I should have worded my response better but I stand by it given what he unnecessarily tried to point out.

Guys let’s not dwell on that. I posted here to raise awareness. I didn’t want this thread to take a turn into debating whether it’s better to use lobby or TT.. Let people enjoy the game how they like.

Last edited:
This is interesting, I was not aware that the physics were any different between on line and off line, is this documented or just people's perceptions (not saying people's perceptions are wrong) also never raced on line so cannot give my own opinion? Also, in respect of the Arcade TT if there is a significant difference in grip due the no option for real or low grip affects surely PD need to patch that as seems a pretty big oversight. I spend a lot of my time in Arcade TT and if I am playing with different physics I will be pretty p'd off.

This is interesting, I was not aware that the physics were any different between on line and off line, is this documented or just people's perceptions (not saying people's perceptions are wrong) also never raced on line so cannot give my own opinion? Also, in respect of the Arcade TT if there is a significant difference in grip due the no option for real or low grip affects surely PD need to patch that as seems a pretty big oversight. I spend a lot of my time in Arcade TT and if I am playing with different physics I will be pretty p'd off.

First of all “Offline” here is not referring to not being connected to the internet, but using Arcade TT which is available offline.

Another disclaimer: Lobby physics can feel slightly different anyway for a few reasons so the best comparison is between Arcade TT and Daily Race TT (and now the new Time Trial mode in Sport Mode).

As a driver on the limit, I can guarantee you there is more grip on curbs in Arcade TT (because it’s set by default/unchangeably to ‘Low’ than in lobbies (as you can select ‘Real’ and in Daily Race TT/Sport Mode TT (as it’s default ‘Real’).

Now the thing is the option states “Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge” (‘Low’, ‘Real’) so I’m concerned (but haven’t tested) whether “Wet Track” implies that the entire track suffers from less realistic grip.

Update: Confirmed

As far as physics in general between Arcade TT and “Online” TT being different, apart from the “Track Edge” grip being different, I don’t believe the general physics differ noticeably.

Last edited:
No, I know what you meant with the offline, I am connected to the net but mainly use Arcade TT so yes that worries me, not tried the wet RBR yet so will see how it feels.

It's simply the nature of Arcade Mode.
You can't change any of the settings like Grip or Boost or Slipstream etc. in any of the events in Arcade.

The exception is of course Custom Races where is says you are allowed to configure various options.
Otherwise all Arcade modes have the same settings locked in.

I'm not sure I would call it an oversight.
It seems to be a deliberate decision to me.

I understand it's not the decision you would like to see, but that is how the game has been designed.

If this is true and the entire wet track has more grip on ‘Low’ compared to ‘Real’ thats a shame.

David just made a video on wet physics here using Arcade TT settings which may give a false impression if that’s the case, I know for a fact the grip on curbs is different anyway which was one of his complaints here (curbs having too much grip).

Anybody know if David ran his tests in Arcade Time Trial? He mentions that he toggled the "Low" and "Real" grip settings and noticed that the car handled identically on track. He was pretty well faster running on super soft slicks than he was on intermediates and heavy wets.

Anybody know if David ran his tests in Arcade Time Trial? He mentions that he toggled the "Low" and "Real" grip settings and noticed that the car handled identically on track. He was pretty well faster running on super soft slicks than he was on intermediates and heavy wets.

He is using Arcade TT here. There’s no option to toggle ‘Low’ and ‘Real’. Did I miss something?

Last edited:
He is using Arcade TT here. There’s no option to toggle ‘Low’ and ‘Real’. Did I miss something?
He mentions in his video that there is a ton of grip on the curbs, but if I understand this thread correctly, there is no option to turn the "Real" setting on during Arcade TT, as opposed to Daily Race or Online Lobby TT, where Grip on Curbs can be toggled to "Real"?

David did a fastest lap of 1:37:xx in his video, but someone else mentioned in another thread that they were in a race lobby with Kie and the fastest lap was 1:45:xx, and it was a complete massacre. So I'm guessing the grip levels on the curbs was set by default to to "Low" in David's Arcade TT?

He mentions in his video that there is a ton of grip on the curbs, but if I understand this thread correctly, there is no option to turn the "Real" setting on during Arcade TT, as opposed to Daily Race or Online Lobby TT, where Grip on Curbs can be toggled to "Real"?

David did a fastest lap of 1:37:xx in his video, but someone else mentioned in another thread that they were in a race lobby with Kie and the fastest lap was 1:45:xx, and it was a complete massacre. So I'm guessing the grip levels on the curbs was set by default to to "Low" in David's Arcade TT?
This is the grip reduction setting which can't be activated in Arcade TT.

・ Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge
Set the extent to which driving off the track, for example on run-off areas, affects tyres' grip. If this is set to "Low", then grip will only be slightly reduced. If this is set to "Real", then grip will be dramatically reduced.

Okay I’ve just done some testing and the physics are miles apart between Arcade TT (Wet Track + Track Edge ‘Low’) and Lobby (‘Real’) in wet conditions.

The “Wet Track” difference is substantial.

Last edited:

While we're at it, there ought to be a Test Drive/Practice mode.

Last edited:
Back