PSA (RAIN CONDITIONS): No Grip Red. setting in Arcade Time Trial

Seems some people need to grow up and not resort to childish and petty attacks.

You create a thread on a public forum, you're going to receive — you guessed it — responses from the public. It's how forums work, perhaps that wasn't made clear, or some of you don't know how forum discussions work. Consider this a learning experience.

Also consider this a first and last warning for the attacks resulting thereof.

Tested a few minutes ago online , grip reduction real , RBR rain conditions / S2000 N300 .
We have 3 time slots with the RAIN mention but there is not the same rain conditions at least for one of them.

On the first 2 slots 4H45 and 10H45 it seems really a heavy rain condition . Only intermediary and rain tires can handle here with same lap time , racing super soft are totally undrivable.
The last slot 17H30 seems to be a almost dry track condition. You can lap the same times with rain , intermediary or supersoft tires.
I don't know if this is possible in real life but this was my constatation.

Last edited:
This is my testing in TT Arcade with Mazda Roadster Touring Car on A1 (10:45 Rain) with DS4:

CH 2:06.8
CM 2:02.8
CS 1:56.6

SH 1:56.5
SM 1:54.7
SS 1:52.9

RH 1:52.8
RM 1:51.6
RS 1:50.8
RSS 1:49.5
RIM 1:49.8
RW 1:49.6

And if you ask me, it is really bad this way, don't see a reason why to use either RIM or RW tires...

Will test in online lobby with real on thanks to OP for info...

This is my testing in TT Arcade with Mazda Roadster Touring Car on A1 (10:45 Rain) with DS4:

CH 2:06.8
CM 2:02.8
CS 1:56.6

SH 1:56.5
SM 1:54.7
SS 1:52.9

RH 1:52.8
RM 1:51.6
RS 1:50.8
RSS 1:49.5
RIM 1:49.8
RW 1:49.6

And if you ask me, it is really bad this way, don't see a reason why to use either RIM or RW tires...

Will test in online lobby with real on thanks to OP for info...

Grip reduction real is a whole different game..:cheers:

I understand the concept of arcade but blasting superior times with Super Softs compared to the wet tyres at the 'Daytime wet' conditions is a bit too much. Tested with the Gran Turismo's own formula car, F1500T-A.

Grip reduction real is a whole different game..:cheers:

Just tested it... will try to get times either later tonight or tomorrow... but RW were like 1:58.2 and RSS I simply couldn't stop spinning rear tires :D

Last edited:
It already felt like a bit of a handful, if not massively challenging in arcade TT with the new Impreza, the 911 Turbo and the M4 so if this isn't the full fat wet experience at 10:45, then I'm looking forward to starting a custom race to try it properly.

Everyone practices online (lobby). You have every setting just like the dailies. Also, even if you had the same settings offline, the car behaves differently to online, so it's not useful.
Question: How different do the cars behave in offline TT vs. Online lobbies/sport mode? Is it a huge difference, or a marginal one?
(I ask this in general, not just for rain conditions)

These physics are so bad. Epic downpour and I can consistently lap faster with a RWD car over AWD. There’s such a ridiculous autocorrect understeer on each car I’ve tried that my Honda Accord with all season tires in the snow has better handling.

Question: How different do the cars behave in offline TT vs. Online lobbies/sport mode? Is it a huge difference, or a marginal one?
(I ask this in general, not just for rain conditions)

...on dry conditions there is margin of second to few depending on track length and complexity. However in wet conditions, this margin is much bigger.
Last night I tested a bit, RW ATT (arcade time trial) vs RTT (real settings in online lobby) was difference of 8 seconds, where RSS ATT vs RTT, I was able to finish fastest lap in ATT, but couldn't finish in RTT due to the wheel spin. Driving Mazda Roadster Cup with 100/100% on DS4 with only ABS on.

Ok so let me get this right. 1. I dont Do online racing neither do I want to. So if I want to get the 'full' driving experience ie with most realistic grip levels in wet or dry and say just hotlap, only me on track I will have to create a lobby?

Edit: so I take it I am in catch-22 situation as I don't game online so won't be able to create a lobby? (No PS Plus account) am I correct?

Last edited:
Ok so let me get this right. 1. I dont Do online racing neither do I want to. So if I want to get the 'full' driving experience ie with most realistic grip levels in wet or dry and say just hotlap, only me on track I will have to create a lobby?

Edit: so I take it I am in catch-22 situation as I don't game online so won't be able to create a lobby? (No PS Plus account) am I correct?
No. Create race mode in the Arcade section. That lets you set real as a grip level.

...as far as I know, you can't. Only way to be fully alone on track is to make online lobby with custom setup and for you to be "Appear offline" on your profile on PSN.

...as far as I know, you can't. Only way to be fully alone on track is to make online lobby with custom setup and for you to be "Appear offline" on your profile on PSN.

Very very disappointing but Thanks for the response, has really spoiled my enjoyment now, just hope PD change their minds on this and add the setting in Arcade TT as I spend a lot of time in there tinkering with cars and testing them, now seems to make ATT pretty pointless :(

Very very disappointing but Thanks for the response, has really spoiled my enjoyment now, just hope PD change their minds on this and add the setting in Arcade TT as I spend a lot of time in there tinkering with cars and testing them, now seems to make ATT pretty pointless :(

If you do a custom race to get more realistic settings you can reduce the car count to 2 so it's only you and 1 other car if that helps.

If you do a custom race to get more realistic settings you can reduce the car count to 2 so it's only you and 1 other car if that helps.

Thanks, I think that is about all I can do for now, better than nothing I suppose. At least then I can see how different the physics are, just frustrating that you cannot do this in TT mode.

Thanks, I think that is about all I can do for now, better than nothing I suppose. At least then I can see how different the physics are, just frustrating that you cannot do this in TT mode.

Right?? Why would a car be faster on slicks in rain than wet weather tires?? Cmon PD, surely you can do better than this.

The races in GT League are also fixed to the "Low" setting for off track grip. Why we need these two different options I do not know, but only having the "Real" choice in a custom race *offline* is somewhat disappointing! Sometimes I just want to free run :)

As fastone371 stated the only thing you can do is select custom offline race and only select one opponent car, you can then select 'endurance' type race and then only 1 other car on track to worry about whilst you hotlap but far from ideal. PD needs to patch this as not impressed, I believe it also affects dry tracks to a degree as well :(

...for me it is pointless to have low settings at all, because all slicks are better on light rain, and only intermediate is better on heavy rain, while on real settings nothing comes close to either intermediate or wet tire.

Back