PSC: GTPlanet Official Weekly PSC: Week 18!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 108 comments
And why do you say that my chops look like crap? I don't see you doing any high-quality life-like chops.

*Cough*

attachment.php

Not being cocky or anything but look harder next time.

Amen.

Originally posted by ALPHA
*Cough*

attachment.php

Not being cocky or anything but look harder next time.

Amen.

The GTP logo on the side is in the wrong light. I didn't vote for that one because to be frank, I was alot less than impressed by it (I could've done better, had I entered; In my opinion). All you did was make it a convertible, use the gradient tool at at a smaller opacity. Then you copied the GTP logo onto the side, but didn't set it to a setting that takes into account the highlights and shadows of the car. Like I said, I don't seeing you making any insanely realistic chops (so real that it looks like it wasn't chopped...). Sure, I go for realism, but I try to make the car as tight as I can before I worry about that (BTW, check the reflections on the side of my car).

Originally posted by Jpec07
The GTP logo on the side is in the wrong light. I didn't vote for that one because to be frank, I was alot less than impressed by it (I could've done better, had I entered; In my opinion). All you did was make it a convertible, use the gradient tool at at a smaller opacity. Then you copied the GTP logo onto the side, but didn't set it to a setting that takes into account the highlights and shadows of the car. Like I said, I don't seeing you making any insanely realistic chops (so real that it looks like it wasn't chopped...). Sure, I go for realism, but I try to make the car as tight as I can before I worry about that (BTW, check the reflections on the side of my car).

Since you think that you can chop better than anyone on GTP why dont we have a competiton with THAT car and see if you can do better like you said :rolleyes:...

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Since you think that you can chop better than anyone on GTP why dont we have a competiton with THAT car and see if you can do better like you said :rolleyes:...

I'm not saying I can chop better than anyone else on the GTP, I just happen to think you guys are slacking. If you guys promise to go all out (bumpers, conversions, skirts, paint, racing mods, wheels, lowering, burnouts, background, and anything you can thinks of) without holding anything back (turn down the realism you guys are slacking to) then sure, I'd love to have a redo of that comp.

Since when do we have to promise to you in order to do a comp? So you think that we are slacking and you arent? Ive never said it out load before but alot fo your chops are just ugly, and IMO not very good. Yeah Im not very good either, but at least I dont brag about it. I want to see you chop the Porsche and make it better than everyone like you said you could...

Hm, I don't think I brought this point up. I'm actually not chopping for you guys, or for what you think looks good. I'm chopping for the people I know who don't actually chop and have no clue what a "good chop" is even if it bit them in the face. They all think my chops are ome of the best cars they've seen (mainly because they don't know about photochopping cars). However, when one of my friends was over here, I showed him the porsche comp, and he thought that the car that won was crap (no offence alpha, but it's what he thought of it). I go to impress my audience, not the world (it is impossible to please everyone).

Well alot of the time I only say things to make someone feel good even if it is a bad chop. You knever know if someone is lying to you.

And why do you keep avoiding my question? Why dont you show us how much greater of a job you can do on that Porshe?...

STHU Epic. I'll chop the porsche, just not at the moment (I'm running a tight schedule, several comps I'm in).

Enough!

It's not a flame fest, it's a friendly competition. It's okay to critisize and suggest stuff to improve on the 'chop, but it's not correct to completely wreck someone else's chop with deregatory comments. Everyone works hard to do something they like, and that should be respected, no matter how it looks in the end, even if you like the chop or not.

We're all doing this for fun, i doubt anyone here has a career in doing stuff like that. Let's just keep it fun, then. :)

jpec, umm i bet anyone could get a good mark form a person who dont know how to photochop, now when your peers (hey i used a big word YEA! :P ) say your work is good, then you know that you did a good job, im still workin on gettin to that stage, its like showing a computer to a hobo :P , or a dragster to a ice scater, they will say its sweet and stuff, but 90% of them dont know what the **** they talkin about

NOTICE: not flaming, just making a point :) plz dont hurt me *shivers*:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Um Jpec - I actually didn't do what you said I did to the car.

I actually removed several vents, added a new front vent. New Mags, made it into a convertable, New paint job that actually involves mroe than what you would think.

I will give you all the pictures you need and I will see if you can do a better job.

Oh wait you can't do a better job you know why?

Because You Smell!

Originally posted by epic
have you finished your entry yet J?

For our battle? I'm almost there. I have a preview posted.

Originally posted by viperman
jpec, umm i bet anyone could get a good mark form a person who dont know how to photochop, now when your peers (hey i used a big word YEA! ) say your work is good, then you know that you did a good job, im still workin on gettin to that stage, its like showing a computer to a hobo , or a dragster to a ice scater, they will say its sweet and stuff, but 90% of them dont know what the **** they talkin about

Good point, and agreed, they usually have no clue what a "good chop" really is (they just think it looks cool). However, one of my friends I show the chops to can tell me everything I've done to the car in detail. He knows where I got other parts from (cars down to the specific model and year, it's scary :nervous: ), and the exact settings I've used for the color changes. He's actually told me that I'm "above the average scum who would know good blending if it bit them in the face."

Originally posted by ALPHA
Um Jpec - I actually didn't do what you said I did to the car.

I actually removed several vents, added a new front vent. New Mags, made it into a convertable, New paint job that actually involves mroe than what you would think.

I will give you all the pictures you need and I will see if you can do a better job.

Oh wait you can't do a better job you know why?

Because You Smell!

Ok, that last comment was totally lame and uncalled-for. The reason I didn't see all that effort that must have gone into it is because most of it's not apparent.

This part's to everyone:
Sure, realism is desirable, but don't let it subtract from the impressiveness of the chop. Last week's winner was the perfect example of what I'm talking about. Even though the creator overlooked a mirror, they made that Focus into a downright mean-looking, highly realistic Car-canibal (eats the competition...). Heck, that was an insanely realistic chop (I could tell it was a chop, but I can also do that with most cars I encounter, and I'm usually right) that looked like it wanted to eat me! Sure, Alpha's entry looks very realistic (I have some issues with it but oh well...), but it doesn't catch my eye as well as some of the other cars there did. When I chop, Realistic-ness isn't the prime goal I have in mind. I'm looking to draw the eyes of the voters in to a car that looks like it would win any race it ran.

BTW, Alpha, although it has its share of problems, I'm sure your car had a heck of alot of effort thrown into it. Congrats on the win, and I'm sorry for anything I may have said that may have hurt.

I'm just curious, are those hydraulics attached to that front wing? (I've seen it on some cars, but never knew what it was...)

Latest Posts

Back