PSC: Race Car Competition: Week 1

Originally posted by NOS_Conor
Keep it a volvo:D

How loand did that take, 5 min? lol:lol:

bad job:tdown: :P

Edit:m Not you Kosmik, Hanker

I am in shock, i spend long hours trying to make it look good and i get from you is discouragement!!! :eek:

Final Entry
Edit: Added a racing scheme to the body work

racingcarchop3.jpg

Good one don! S60 at Tahiti maze?

I agree with the noise and blahblah. Oh and mabye tilt the car a bit (weight on left tyres) to increase the skid feeling.

Don I must say that you have an excellent feeling for tasteful bodykit adds. Although this front is a bit too much for me.

Anyway:tup:

Pat, You insist of giving me the finger everytime you post. But anyhow, it's a decent chop. Not so many changes but still clean and nice.

Originally posted by hanker
I am in shock, i spend long hours trying to make it look good and i get from you is discouragement!!! :eek:

I do have to agree with NOS_conor, it does look like you spent only 5 minutes on it. Be serious...

Donbenni always comes up with very nice chops! lol.. Oh, btw, for the rear wheels, since they have less traction then the front *theyre in the dirt..* add some more radial spin to it.. It'll look alot nicer IMO

And Hanker... What's with the TRD sticker? It's a VOLVO!!! haha

Originally posted by halfracedrift
Donbenni always comes up with very nice chops! lol.. Oh, btw, for the rear wheels, since they have less traction then the front *theyre in the dirt..* add some more radial spin to it.. It'll look alot nicer IMO

Thanks man :) I'll put some thought into what you said

just a quick question, you guys seem to know where to get the nice pics and backgrounds...if somebody could, could you give me a couple sites of nice pics? besides like highresautoimages and such..

thanks-

Don, about the tilt, is the car turning left or right? I thought that the tilt was going to be to the left instead of right.

Yeah it was originally drifting along the road, but it looked nice tilting the other way. So now i guess it looks like it's drifting off a side dirt track onto the road... rally stylee. The dust cloud suits that angle too. What do you think?

Icarus... The wing.. it's.. rediculous! *spelling please..*
Feels like an overdose..... Doesn't really look like a normal car wing..

If it was much more lower, and 'back', the wing would look much more realistic

This is my very first photochop, so I am not quite skilled yet. This is only the very begining of this though. I am done for tonight, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to enter this. This is not my final product by far, so dont submit this one.

UnfinishedPope1.jpg

DonBenni: Yeah it was originally drifting along the road, but it looked nice tilting the other way. So now i guess it looks like it's drifting off a side dirt track onto the road... rally stylee. The dust cloud suits that angle too. What do you think?

Right now it looks like an understeer situation. If the front wheels were turned in the other direction mabye it would get a nice drift?. But on the other side an understeer is very likely to occur in that situation, coming from dirt onto tarmac. Anyway the dust looks good, like the car is coming from the side. And tilting the car adds a lot of motion to the image imo.

David

Originally posted by Pope1605
This is my very first photochop, so I am not quite skilled yet. This is only the very begining of this though. I am done for tonight, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to enter this. This is not my final product by far, so dont submit this one.

UnfinishedPope1.jpg

for a first try that is quite awesome man very nice indeed perfect selection is what i like!👍 and good lowering as well as good wheel change overall its damn good so far! well done;) and welcome to gtp

Originally posted by GTJugend
Right now it looks like an understeer situation. If the front wheels were turned in the other direction mabye it would get a nice drift?. But on the other side an understeer is very likely to occur in that situation, coming from dirt onto tarmac. Anyway the dust looks good, like the car is coming from the side. And tilting the car adds a lot of motion to the image imo.

David

nah i think that this situation is where the car has just come from the road and gone wide into the next corner so the rear wheels hit the dirt and spin then oversteer hits in so he's trying to drift out of it! while goin round the next right corner (his right):rolleyes: but if that was the situation then the car would be tilted the other way.........i think!:odd:

nah i think that this situation is where the car has just come from the road and gone wide into the next corner so the rear wheels hit the dirt and spin then oversteer hits in so he's trying to drift out of it! while goin round the next right corner (his right) but if that was the situation then the car would be tilted the other way.........i think!

This was my original thought when I suggested don to tilt the car, but he tilted it the other way. If the car is in a fast right hander it would have it's weight on the left side and it hasn't got that now. therefore it must come in a sharp lefthander.

Okay okay, my first idea was to make it look like the car was drifting down the road towards the camera, but after trying to tilt, it didn't work right so i just wacked (technical term) it the other way so it now looks like it's drifting out of the dirt track turning left onto a straight tarmac rally road. Was gonna try stick in some rally crowds, signs and sort some car graphics out, but that'd prob look poo, so it's finished now i guess like that :odd:

I cant see no race cars in here. just the ones that were posted in page 1. hello, is anybody in this really doing race cars? all I see is a bunch of rice. come on, the PSC idea is good, but we have a copy of any other psc in this forum. donbenni has a good try (but messed it with the front... omg dude, how could you!!!) but I think it lacks a race car look. now that you oughta put stickers and names on the car, you make it clean!! wtf with you?? :P
anyway, I think that everyone in here should do more with their chops than just adding movement to the tires and adding a wing or "veilside side skirts" (since ****ing when veilside does ANYTHING race-oriented?). cant anyone see the difference 'tween a ricer and a racer? hey, that smoothed look looks REAL cool man, really, Im impressed that this one is your first chop. it looks kewl, but it looks as a clean cruiser, not an all-out racer. and its like that with everyone else's, except for a few exceptions. come on, adding some decals and real sponsors on a race car doesnt affect it. more work could do this some good. REAL good.

Cano

yeah, I know, too much barking, and mine hasnt even shown in here. I havent had time to do anything. but well, I have some plans for this thing. and yeah, it includes carbon fiber, lips, maybe a wing, and sponsors all over the mid-engine racer :D stay tuned.. of course, If I have time -___-

Back