PSC: Weekly PSC Week 75

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 88 comments
Originally posted by halfracedrift
I think what PR means when he says the front rim doesn't look like it's there... I think he means that the rim isn't realistic..

From what I can see, the rim seems to be 'hovering' (don't ask me why, it just does... ) and the brake caliper looks like it's a direct head on shot, but the wheel is supposed to be turned in.. maybe that's why.. just my input.

edit: And there's no visible disc for the brake! :lol:

I can see what you're saying about the rims being from a head on shot (in fact I couldn't find a picture of these rims turned in this way; and I have no idea how to mess with perspective in distinctly 3D objects like these turbine rims from the McLaren). Also, you can see the brake's disc; it's just black (the McLaren has cf-based brake disks, which allow for better stopping power). If you look closer at it you can see it there.

Oh well I might just have to unturn that wheel if I can't get it to work right, but that'd be a shame as it gives the car some reality. I'll see what I can do.

Originally posted by PunkRock
Funny how agressive the front end looks when you remove the vertical slats in the grille... :lol:

Very early WIP, there's like, 10% of all the stuff I want to do that's done. Still needs better wheels...

I think the wheels look damn fine. It almost looks like a GT racecar and it would really look like one with a GT spoiler on it. I'm not saying you should, however if you were going for that look, the spoiler would complete it.

I found a good angle for it; but I have to unturn the wheel :(. Oh well, I guess it's for the better. I haven't even started chopping it yet, I've just been doing framework for it. When I do the chop, I can imagine that you guys are going to be in for a treat (still don't even know what I'm doing for it yet; maybe I'll make it a racer, but who knows?)

Also, Susan, I really like what you've done with it (a little too smooth for my liking, but still good). If I were to pick, I'd say that the second one is best, because the air intake on the first one is running right through the wheel which makes very little logical sense. Also, the blockiness of it disrupts the smooth curves present in the car. The idea is a good one, it's just a hair overdone.

brake cooling? Do you have some kind of thing that presses up against the wheel behind that guard? Mehr, I still like the second one. BTW, they both look like they're smiling somehow...

Originally posted by Dorifto
I think the wheels look damn fine. It almost looks like a GT racecar and it would really look like one with a GT spoiler on it. I'm not saying you should, however if you were going for that look, the spoiler would complete it.

Actually, that's exactly what I was going for. DB9GT has a nice ring to it. :)

WIP part 3
Really the only thing I did to this one tonight was the front wheels; I just unturned them and made the rim seem a little less flat (and the brake-disc is there, just really dark).

PR, I think I'm going to enter into competition with you for the DB9GT, only mine's going to be the DB9 GT-R :mischievous:

(I know it's not that great yet, I'm still working with it)

ok, first off...glacier985 can you post the pics you got the rims from, i ABSOLUTELY love them. Second, suzq your chop is AWESOME...however, when i saw the first version i was disgusted. The second one takes it for me sorry... =P.

nice, nice. so far every entry is very subtle (if you can call subtle making a drop top out of a hardtop) and all of them looks good (shock: I even like Minorke's) I also like star's laid back cabin. I promise that I'll enter this week. butit will have to be at the end of the week. big updates on my spanish car site :D

Cano

and jpec, with all the problems you have had with the wheels, might I tell you that I don't think they look good on this car? =/

PunkRock, you filter-whore! :P I'm just curious why you're making it so small. It looks good, but I'm not sure.

Cano, the rims are a strange story, I know they don't quite match yet (they are changing when I add the paint job and stuff). However, for the stock version I'd like to get them looking fairly good (I also have an idea for fising the back end of the car, because at the moment it's practically ruining the sleek profile of the car). Thanks for the comments, and keep up the good chopping.

Originally posted by Jpec07
PunkRock, you filter-whore! :P I'm just curious why you're making it so small. It looks good, but I'm not sure.

I made it that small on purpose to properly attach it here. The real one is 1024x768, and might get bigger. ;)

aston1.jpg

u know what- nevermind.. i'm doing the other one.. i'm sick of conforming to you people- it should be the best chop- not the best looking outcome. it took a lot of airbrushing on that 2nd one (including wheels) i'm sticking with my First chop..
picture above is my final.

Back