• Poll closed .

Müle

inhaler of the rifftree
Premium
Canada
Ontario
PURE | Chevy Camaro Cup | Sign up's are OPEN

Official Points

Welcome to my latest (and possibly last) series on GTP, the Chevy Camaro Cup (C3 for short). This will be another one-make series using a true american legend, the Chevy Camaro SS RM. Kept to it's stock power, it should provide us with close, exciting racing.

Races will take place every Sunday, at 6:30 PM EDT (10:30 PM UTC/GMT, 11:30 PM BST)​

The Car:

When fully broken in, the car should have 485 hp, and 597 pp. The following is what you will need to buy to compete:

-Camaro SS '10; from the Chevrolet dealership.
-oil change
-Full racing Modification (Buy this before getting any other parts)
-Adjustable LSD
-Chassis Reinforcement (optional)
-Racing Hard tires

-Oil Changes, Engine Rebuilds, and Chassis Maintenance are allowed as many times as you like throughout the season.

-Upgrades that increase horsepower are strictly prohibited. You will be caught and instantly banned from the championship

Rules:

-All OLR Rules are to apply here. If for some reason there is a conflict between the OLR and the rules listed below, consider the rules listed below to be correct..
-Slight rubbing is inevitable, and is allowed, but intentionally spinning out or "punting" another driver is strictly prohibited. In the event that this happens, Time penalties may be assessed, and Grid penalties for the next race you enter may be assessed, or you may be excluded from the race results, depending on the situation the incident occurred in. Repeat offenders risk being disqualified from the championship.
-Accidents happen. If you make a mistake which causes another racer in front of you to spin out, you must wait for them to rejoin the track, and allow them to overtake you before returning to race speed. Failure to do so will result in a time penalty set so that you finish behind the victim.
-If you are caught up in a wreck that happened in front of you, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do for you.
EXCEPTION: If somebody involved in an accident rejoins the track without regard for the position of others, and causes somebody to hit them, then they are subject to the same penalties as above, depending on intent.
-Bump drafting down long straights is allowed, provided you know how to do it safely.
-*NEW* Track boundaries have been altered slightly. You must keep at least 2 wheels on black tarmac at all times (Any exceptions will be pointed out in the race information before each race).

Lobby rules:

Race quality: High
Mic quality: Low
Start Type: Grid start
Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Penalty: Off
Grip reduction: Real
Mechanical damage: Light
Visual Damage: Off
Tire Wear: On
Slipstream: Weak
All Aids Off except ABS

Other Racing Rules

-Races will usually be about 45-60 minutes long.
-There is to be at least 1 mandatory pitstop for each race
-Open practice is allowed upon entry of the room. The race room will be open at around 5:30 PM, EDT.
-If you have an issue with another driver, please send them a PM. If you cannot reach an agreement, contact a steward.
-If you disconnect during the race, you will be marked with a DNF and receive last place points. Ragequitting for any reason will NOT be tolerated! You will be disqualified from the race and receive 0 points!
-If you wish to retire from the race, drive your car into the pits, and press Start. The game will keep you in your pitbox until the end of the race.
-If for some reason your game glitches, and holds your car in the Pit lane, or does not give you control of your car following a pitstop, there is nothing we can do for you. Treat it as if were a real life mechanical problem.

Qualifying and gridding:

-Qualifying will be held 20 minutes before the race, and last for 15 minutes, during which, everyone will be allowed on track to set a time.
-If you cut the track at any time, you must abandon your lap and try again.
-If you are on your outlap and a faster car behind you is on a hotlap, please yield for him
-If you are on a hotlap, and a faster car behind you is on a hotlap, it is entirely at your discretion if you wish to yield or not. The faster car MAY NOT force his way around you in a way that may ruin your lap.
-You are not permitted to exit into the lobby at any time, for any reason. Stay on the track in a safe place, or stay in the pits.

-At the end of the session I will type in the chat "Quali if over. Please finish your lap and go to the pits."
-STAY IN THE PITS. Do not go into the lobby at any time, for any reason.
-I will exit and go into "watch race" mode, write down everyone's times. I will then call you all into the lobby.
-Once everyone is back in the lobby, I will reset the track then call everyone on the track in their qualifying order.
-DO NOT JOIN THE TRACK UNTIL THE HOST CALLS YOU
-Drivers will line up at a specified place on the track.
-The host will check that the order is correct before starting the race

-Every race will have a rolling start. If the grid order is wrong, we can sort ourselves on the formation lap

formation.jpg

-Every race will have a specified area at which the polesitter may start the race. He may start at any time in the area, but not before.
-Maintain a pace of 60 mph/100 km/h
-No weaving on the formation lap!
-Jumping the start will be subject to a penalty

Raceday calendar (All times in EDT):

5:30: Race room opens; free practice allowed
6:10: Track reset; qualifying begins
6:25: Qualifying ends; times written down; Track reset; Grid formed
6:30: Race begins

Season Schedule:

Preseason: Monza (No chicane)
Race Date: July 8th
Race distance: 20 laps

Round 1: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Race Date: July 15th
Race distance: 35

Round 2: Tsukuba Circuit
Race Date: July 22nd
Race distance: 59

Round 3: Deep Forest Raceway
Race Date: July 29th
Race distance: 40

Round 4: Nurburgring GP/F
Race Date: August 5th
Race distance: 27

Round 5: *SEE POLL!*
Race Date: August 12th
Race distance: TBD

Round 6: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
Race Date: August 19th
Race distance: 23

-Please use this form to sign up: http://pure.gate19.net/index.php?page=series&sid=5&signup=1
-Please do NOT use stuff like TBD, TBC, TBA, etc.
-Please do NOT register if you have no intention of racing or posting in the thread and being active.
-If you wish to only join on a part time basis, that is fine.
-I reserve the right to ask you to change your colours for any reason. This will likely only happen in the case that too many drivers all use the same colour.
-Each number can be used once, on a first come, first served basis

1st: 20
2nd: 17
3rd: 15
4th: 13
5th: 12
6th: 11
7th: 10
8th: 9
9th: 8
10th: 7
11th: 6
12th: 5
13th: 4
14th: 3
15th: 2
16th: 1

-1 bonus point will be given for pole position in each race, and for the fastest lap of the race
-Your lowest scoring race of the season will be dropped.
-Ragequitters will be disqualified, getting 0 points

Last edited:
With no ISF I should be in for this... the camarah grew on me after testing it for Daytona. ;) Much better handling than I thought it would have.

Didn't realize monza was pre-season so I'll have to slide everything up one week and re-do the dates on the calendar once you have round 5 settled.

Signed up for full time so I might be late or absent for pre-season and round 5 due to CALM races

We may have to push everything back a week, btw. I was planning on getting this up sooner, but it wasn't to be.

I just signed up as a full time driver, but I will probably have to miss a couple. Will do my best to make all of them. 👍

I don't knoW if its a good idea. It should be worst because we'll have two races at same time for those who want to play calm and Chevy cup championship both.

Calm round 4 vs Chevy cup round 4
And calm round 5 vs Chevy cup round 6
Hard to choose one :)

The CALM races end before this begins. There's should be more than enough time for everyone involved to have a break before doing this. ;)

CALM usually end around 21.00 UTC.
C3 open rooms at 22.30 UTC.

Conclusion, i think it's fine, but maybe a bit too late for EU guys. Lot of us are at work on mondays evenings...

MÜLE_9242;7290955
-*NEW* Track boundaries have been altered slightly. You must keep at least 2 wheels on black tarmac at all times (Any exceptions will be pointed out in the race information before each race).

So, rumble strips are no longer track? And if that is true, you may want to but that in bold.

I'm just thinking you might want to say the rumble strips are off limits as "track"
Just to stop any potential confusion.

billies are breaking in my car 👍

Going low contrast... found a metalic gold that is only a touch lower than the side graphics, looks kind of minimalist cool. Especially the way the american racing wheels they give as an option for muscle cars only paints the inner spokes and leaves the chrome ring and center cap untouched. 👍

Sundays preseason race is still gonna go on. hopefully we get more people though.

Hopefully,
The cars definitely better around the corners than I first thought.

No idea how good my lap times around Monza are though.

I believe I was running 48's in testing, but don't quote me on it.

Are we racing today?
I just did some testing and was hitting 40.6s keeping the new track boundaries in mind.

I should be able to do this... let me check if I'm available on all these dates...

EDIT: Confirmed. The dates don't clash with another series I'm participating in.

EDIT 2: Damn, no tyre warming allowed? Oh well...

Last edited:
Back