PURE | Chevy Camaro Cup | Series Champion: Dr_Watson

• Thread starter Müle
  • 622 comments

What track for round 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just to say, for Round 1 I can't come since I don't get my holidays until 20th July.

RACE INFORMATION

Round 0: Monza (No Chicane)

20 laps + 1 Formation lap

This is basically just a practice race to get everybody familiar with the car, and with driving around everyone. No points for this race, but please keep it clean for everyones enjoyment.

-Polesitter and other odd-numbered cars will start on the Right hand side of the track. Even-numbered cars will start on the left hand side.
-The start area is from the while line (in the middle of the grid; F1 finish line) to the start-finish line. Polesitter may start anywhere within this area.
-You may start accelerating as soon as the car in front of you starts.
-Be careful when entering Turn 1 (Curva Grande) on the first lap. Any contact will likely send you off into the sand trap
-Remember to keep 2 wheels on black tarmac at all times. Ignore the white lines.
-1 Mandatory pitstop!

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Last edited:
MULE, I'm sorry that I had to leave mid-race today. I had to stop since the neighbours were complaining about the noise. I'll change from a full time to a part time driver, but I doubt that I will be able to make any more races without getting further complaints.

Good, fun race. car racer gets the last lap pass on luckylefty for the win. Maximus completes the podium after Tim and I crashed going into Ascari.

MÜLE_9242
Good, fun race. car racer gets the last lap pass on luckylefty for the win. Maximus completes the podium after Tim and I crashed going into Ascari.

Fun outside a certain racer cuttings off when I am going 183 and they are being drafted by sitting at 169. Then being shoved off the track two turns later. Outside that. Yea was a blast.

Well I can't seem to PM you. Please review lap 7. Thank you.

Last edited:
MÜLE_9242;7319342

Yeah, sorry about that I got a bit distracted with my phone ringing. Good car though, it's ridiculously easy to drive.

Fun outside a certain racer cuttings off when I am going 183 and they are being drafted by sitting at 169. Then being shoved off the track two turns later. Outside that. Yea was a blast.

Well I can't seem to PM you. Please review lap 7. Thank you.

I watched the replay, all I see is a lag explosion.
Good battle twords the end there Owen. Very hallow feeling though I got 3rd by pure circumstance.

GenkoMax
I watched the replay, all I see is a lag explosion.
Good battle twords the end there Owen. Very hallow feeling though I got 3rd by pure circumstance.

Was a lot of fun trying to catch you. Oh so close at the end.

I didn't have any lag on my end. Just some unwarranted blocking and not sharing the track. Oh well hopefully it was an isolated incident and I will take note of said driver. Will be using extreme caution around them. If again they cause an issue. I will undoubtedly know where to place the blame. ;)

Btw my name isn't Owen. It's Jeff Owens. ;) seems so Wierd beings I have little cousin named Owen. No not Owen Owens. LoL but that has a nice ring.

Yeah, that was a bit laggy in general. Lefty kept scaring the pants off me as his car would move erratically and brake suddenly and unpredictably; was even one point where I got a pass on lefty going through della roggia because his car did this spooky ghost warp through me and popped back into existence in my rear-view.

Dr_Watson
Yeah, that was a bit laggy in general. Lefty kept scaring the pants off me as his car would move erratically and brake suddenly and unpredictably; was even one point where I got a pass on lefty going through della roggia because his car did this spooky ghost warp through me and popped back into existence in my rear-view.

Ah that explains a lot. He is seeing things differently then the rest of us.

Sadly lucky. I think your connection is screwy and causing myself to think your doing dirty moves. Sorry if so.

Last edited:
Practice room open: 1472 6681 3200 9597 9273

EDIT: Closed. 1:23.6 for my 1st practice session. Hope to be in the 22ish for the D Day 👍

EDIT 2: Room finally still open until Husq leaves

Last edited:
Practice Room closed;

1472-6118-3830-2743-7443

Initial set up I ran a 1:30.xxx, fiddled with the tranny a bit and ran a 1:27.xxx.

Expect the rest of the field to be in the :23s - :24s, maybe lower.

Running RKM's Deathscythe tune for the most part and since I couldn't hit his tranny values and the closest I could get to them never got me out of 4th and 2nd would do over 100MPH, I just made my own. Hitting 5th on the front straight and it feels better in the power band now with my weak settings.

Don't recall what that left after the corkscrew at Laguna is called but had to be very careful with brakes and power there to keep it from spinning.

Hope to practice with some of you to help give me something to shoot for besides my theoretical guessing.

Edited expected times for rest of field.

Last edited:
Laguna tends to make the cars very loose. Raising your rear ride height is a good idea.

MÜLE_9242
Laguna tends to make the cars very loose. Raising your rear ride height is a good idea.

I had the impression that raising the rear ride height made the car loose. Will try it out tonight and see how it acts.

Dragonwhisky
I had the impression that raising the rear ride height made the car loose. Will try it out tonight and see how it acts.

In real world yes. In GT5 things are backwards.

Silly game. How dare it be different than real life. ;)

well... it's not backward from real life, it's just that GT doesn't model any of the down-sides to having a negative rake (like the big ball of air that mark webber's you on the mulsanne).
So in GT all positive rake does is add understeer by shifting the center of gravity and weight balance forward. Doesn't seem to have any effect on aero or suspension dynamics.. just weight transfer and center of gravity.

so it's the "Real-Simplified Driving Simulator"

Practice room open;

1472-6681-3716-3558-5311​
Very solid car out of the box.

Trans:
Reset to default
Set top speed slider to minimum (left)
Final: To suit the track

LSD: 9/16/5

Suspension:
0/8
9.4/10.6
6/6
5/5
3/3

2.4/1.6
-0.02/0.00

Brake Balance: 5/5

Here is a tune that might be of some help. Hopefully ;)

36858a6d.jpg

---------------------------
Updated Gearing:

c717fe9c.jpg

Back