PURE | Corvette C7 | The Ultimate Test | Race tonight!!!

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 125 comments
Litchi
yup, i'm a controller driver since GT1. Manual transmission since GT5 and abs off since september 2012
i use cross/square for throttle/brake, L2 R2 for gears and left stick for the direction

:cheers:

Crazy

Crazy fast I mean :D.

Litchi
yup, i'm a controller driver since GT1. Manual transmission since GT5 and abs off since september 2012
i use cross/square for throttle/brake, L2 R2 for gears and left stick for the direction

See that stick movent allows for good corner entry points.

I have R2 & O set for gas depending on how my fingers cramp I can use 2 differnt setup's at the same time. I use L2 for shift down for both setup's and R1 for shift up when I'm using the O button for gas, and X (cross) for shift up when I'm using the R2 button for gas. The brake is still the default Square button. I tried L2 as a brake like Seth, but I had trouble with it set to L2 so I'm still running this looney tune config that I can control pretty easily now. :crazy:

Oh man, what the hell! This is the craziest DS3 setup I ever seen...

I tried to set L2/R2 for throttle/brake and right stick for the gears. But that doesn't suit to me. I'm too used to the old PS controllers, when pressure button control didn't exist. With the DS3 you can control the pressure on every buttons and that's pretty cool.
Strange that I can't use L2/R2 for throttle/brake 'cause this setup is usually the default one for racing games on the XBox and when I play with, I have no difficulty at all. But there's no way to do it on GT. lol

-------------------------------------

About time/date.
I'm thinking for a Saturday or a Sunday - something like mid day for west Americans, afternoon for East Americans and evening/night for us, Europeans.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I am interested in this for sure.
Now, the only problem may be time (there's no way I can commit to GT5 before 15th December).
I love the event's setup, no ABS is the way to go and fixed setup is a joy. Add Nordschleife to that and oh boy..!
I wonder, do I have to join GTP_Registry to apply for these leagues and championships (since I see this Division 1/2/3/4/5 thing in everyone's sig these days)?

I am interested in this for sure.
Now, the only problem may be time (there's no way I can commit to GT5 before 15th December).
I love the event's setup, no ABS is the way to go and fixed setup is a joy. Add Nordschleife to that and oh boy..!
I wonder, do I have to join GTP_Registry to apply for these leagues and championships (since I see this Division 1/2/3/4/5 thing in everyone's sig these days)?
Thanks for your interest 👍
Not sure when the event will take place exactly, but it'll be before the Christmas's holidays, for sure.
And no, you don't have to join the GTP_Registry. All PURE events / series are open to non GTP_Registered members

-------------------------

Just noticed that the only thing that we can buy for tuning this car is.... the rigidity improvement...

I'm interested. Spent some time in the car last night. Loving it.

If no ABS, I'll try, but maybe a rolling roadblock. LoL

Also the buttons on DS3 are pressure sensitive allowing progressive inputs. ;) I used to be pretty dang good on a DS3. On GTA 1, I was faster on Tsukuba with DS3 but then again I had just gotten wheel about two weeks before end. LoL

For those who seemingly can't find it search C7 in the new PS Store layout thing :P. If it's around midday GMT I'll not be able to make it.. :(

Oh man, what the hell! This is the craziest DS3 setup I ever seen...

I tried to set L2/R2 for throttle/brake and right stick for the gears. But that doesn't suit to me. I'm too used to the old PS controllers, when pressure button control didn't exist. With the DS3 you can control the pressure on every buttons and that's pretty cool.
Strange that I can't use L2/R2 for throttle/brake 'cause this setup is usually the default one for racing games on the XBox and when I play with, I have no difficulty at all. But there's no way to do it on GT. lol

When I use a DS3 it's:

L2 - Brake
R2 - Gas
X - Shift Up
[] - Shift Down

All else default.

Some references:

Suzuka: 2:18.5
Laguna Seca 1:35.9
Indy Road: 1:43.5
Nurb / F: 2:15.9
Fuji F: 1:52.5

Monza 2:01
Cape Ring South 1:24
Nurb GP/D 1:40

More time to be gained for sure but close enough for reference sake.

I registered for the event and put myself down at 50%. I'll be on call for that weekend and although I don't get called in much on the weekend it does happen. If you get a full crowd and want me in reserve that's ok with me, I don't want to waste a slot for someone who is sure they can make it.

I knew it everyone would have a different setup for ds3 usage. On F1 2012 I can use L2 for barke & R2 for throttle, but I agree it doesn't work well for me on GT5 for some reason. :confused:

Looks fun, registered 👍
Did a few laps and got a 1.38.0-- with 0 mileage and and oil change, abs was off.

Oh yea, one note, the room wil have no hp limit. Means everybody should run the car fully run in.

Last edited:
Haha I have 3 races over the next 2 wks all here at Mazda Raceway! :bowdown:

I can keep my track loaded and just switch in-between chassis, that's easy enough'

On the downside I thought they we're going to reveal the C7's camouflage paint scheme at the release of this car, but since they didn't I'll probably be putting this car up for sale sine you cant even change the rims on this puppie! 👎

36s so far, busting my head where to gain time when I saw I had 440 hp, 0km and no oil change.
I'll do the oil change and post the results. 👍

I'm a total noob at Laguna Seca, never driven it before.

36s so far, busting my head where to gain time when I saw I had 440 hp, 0km and no oil change.
I'll do the oil change and post the results. 👍

I'm a total noob at Laguna Seca, never driven it before.

36' @440hp??? i did a quick run @470hp and was 35.9... you already scaring me :scared:

Awfull car, I hate it.
And hehe, we'll see. You're fast too..! Just too bad you ranked so low in WRS.
You're Division 1 material.

Don't know this track, don't get it!!!
I'm so close to pulling out, I hate Laguna so much!!
I'm too inconsistent, I've finished only 3 laps for 1.5hrs I'm trying!!
These tires don't fit this car at all, I'm getting oversteer at most retarded places what the ****?!?

Last edited:
Back