PURE | Corvette C7 | The Ultimate Test | Race tonight!!!

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 125 comments
France
France
bL6wC.png

You can share this event with your friends who might be interested by using this short bitly link:
http://bit.ly/puretut

Room open in
img.php

corvetteintro2.png

Main event
Sunday, December 16

8pm UTC | 3pm EST | 12pm PST | Monday 17, 7am EDT

To submit your time, just post your 4 sectors in this thread.

example:

minilogow.png
Rules and regulations
minilogow.png

Track notes

Track boundaries for this race are defined as follows:
two tires must remain in contact with the tarmac racing surface at all times and within white-line course boundaries. The preceding defines the "track." Curbing/rumble strips, hard surfaces beyond white lines such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track. White lines are track and even if you only have two tires on their very edges on the white line it will be considered clean..

Room

Slots: 16
Race Quality: High
VOIP: Disabled
Host: Unfixed
Track Settings
38 Laps (+1 Formation Lap)
Event Settings
Penalty: None
Race Finish Delay: Maximum
Visible Damage: Off
Disable collisions: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Regulation Settings
Car Restrictions: None
Tires: Sport Hard (S1)
Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted -> full 478hp / 533pp
ABS: OFF
Traction Control: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
ASM: OFF
Driving Line: OFF

Qualification Procedure

Type:
Live Online Single Stint - No pits

Length:
Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps

Groups:
Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.

Notes:
Drivers not in the room by the time the first driver has entered the track will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Formation Lap

A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits the host will start the race.
After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
Pole sitter will choose his preferred side of the track.
There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
Speed limit on formation lap is 62 mph / 100 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
Start marker for Laguna Seca is the start/finish line.
The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker.
All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
No passing is allowed before the start marker.
Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

minilogow.png
Driver Registration
minilogow.png

(click here to register)

Current sign up list

car_chevrolet_corvette_c7_test_prototype.jpg

Last edited:
I would very much like to race, but I'm a noob when it comes to using no ABS on GT5. I tried it but couldn't make it work for me...

circuit? and I also have to download it, for some stupid reason it wont let me,

Will this be tuning prohibited?

the other issue is no ABS, in which I agree with but until I get my new driving rig I need ABS 1, I cant run without ABS using a DS3 unless its an oval, SSRX anyone?

Oh well, yea, Stock = tuning prohibited
Depending on who will be interested but for now i really want to keep abs off.
Maybe i'll create a poll about this later, so keep hope ;)

And for the date, time, track, etc, i'll do some testings before on different tracks (in open lobbies so i'll post room numbers here) and the final OP will be fully updated this sunday at the latest.

yeah that's cool, prior to us moving house I always ran with ABS off but only had an El cheapo rig, rebuilt it at the new house and 2 people wrecked it at the house warming party (that I didn't want to have) I just cant find the spot (outside a Ferrari F1) to run without ABS using a DS3,

Haven't even tried abs off so would be fun to give ago. But yes it depends on time and date

Sounds good but I rather test it before I commit.

DFGT + GT5 sucks with no ABS but I will give it a go in a practice room and get back to you

Just dabbling with no ABS myself and spot races are about all I can do lately, so I'll test drive the car and keep up to date about track/time etc.

Do you have track(s) in mind and a race length?

Sounds good but I rather test it before I commit.

DFGT + GT5 sucks with no ABS but I will give it a go in a practice room and get back to you

You need to modify the brake pedals. I use a bungee mod for throttle and brake and behind the brake I have a piece of copper water pipe insulation that adds the right amount of pedal pressure to make it work for me. I tried a whole bunch of things and this seems to work best, + it's incredibly durable. Be much better with some feedback from the pedals but that's not available. Trust me, if you experiment with it, you can make it work. It's stuff I had lying around, but you can buy it if need be for < $10. 👍

yea, good argument Jason, and i agreed. But i think that you have more feelings about real behavior of the GT5 cars with abs off.

I think some cars, like this one, need an ABS setting of .5 or something. Like, ABS 1 is too much, ABS 0 not enough, gotta be an "in-between" setting.

Real Track, for sure. And should be an hour length.

*cough*Laguna*cough*

;)

Just dabbling with no ABS myself and spot races are about all I can do lately, so I'll test drive the car and keep up to date about track/time etc.

Do you have track(s) in mind and a race length?

You need to modify the brake pedals. I use a bungee mod for throttle and brake and behind the brake I have a piece of copper water pipe insulation that adds the right amount of pedal pressure to make it work for me. I tried a whole bunch of things and this seems to work best, + it's incredibly durable. Be much better with some feedback from the pedals but that's not available. Trust me, if you experiment with it, you can make it work. It's stuff I had lying around, but you can buy it if need be for < $10. 👍

I'm really to lazy for that. I have the worst GT set up you will find in general anyway

Some references:

Suzuka: 2:18.5
Laguna Seca 1:35.9
Indy Road: 1:43.5
Nurb / F: 2:15.9
Fuji F: 1:52.5

Last edited:
I'm really to lazy for that. I have the worst GT set up you will find in general anyway

Too lazy to pick up a $0.99 piece of pipe insulation $5.00 worth of inexpensive bungee cords next time you're in the hardware store? Dude..:sly: Ooops...I forgot about the 5 seconds it takes to slice off a piece of insulation and 15 seconds to unwrap and attach the bungee cords...lol..:sly: It really is that simple...💡

I say make it an American track, so Laguna or Indy Road. Although T1 at Indy might be scary with no ABS. Daytona Road is just too fast.

Edit: Oh and you should have made the banner in the OP 700px wide so the forum didn't re-size it. ;)

Too lazy to pick up a $0.99 piece of pipe insulation $5.00 worth of inexpensive bungee cords next time you're in the hardware store? Dude..:sly: Ooops...I forgot about the 5 seconds it takes to slice off a piece of insulation and 15 seconds to unwrap and attach the bungee cords...lol..:sly: It really is that simple...💡

I tryed doing a mod once

I scrunched up a piece of paper and put it under the pedals. It didn't work xD

That could be great Litch!! Depending on race date/time I'm very interested even with ABS off :)

Count me in as well. I'm using ds3 so like dave said no abs would be tricky for me too, but I'm up for a challange if it comes down to it. 👍 *Cough, r1600, laguna, cough*

I'm using ds3 w/ the d-pad side. I'm not sure what other guys are running, but I'm sure if you got use to the analog stick side of things you could have more control with turning in & catching power slides.

Its possible depending on how you config the buttons. I you you all of us are running very different config's right now.

Ill hurt ya head if I told you my setup, lol!

yup, i'm a controller driver since GT1. Manual transmission since GT5 and abs off since september 2012
i use cross/square for throttle/brake, L2 R2 for gears and left stick for the direction

:cheers:

Back