PURE FMSC | Hydra World Championship / HDCS | Pre-Season Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 473 comments
  • 24,802 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so... what will the pace car be? I think there is a GTR with lights on it :D
Should look good for pictures.
 
Honestly, I love all these ideas but it seems just too much. It will be hard to keep track of everything. If you can handle it, great for you RT and if you need help, I'll be able to provide it. 👍

We REALLY have to trust each other well, and make sure everyone follows the rules. Assuming, we will have new drivers coming in, it is very important to let them understand all the procedures. But this is an amazing format, I just dont think this will work flawlessly, if you know what I mean.

I honestly don't think it will be that hard or I wouldn't have done it this way. :lol:

OK, so... what will the pace car be? I think there is a GTR with lights on it :D
Should look good for pictures.

'07 MX-5. 👍 It is a "Mazda" series after all. ;)
 
I would think if you pit during the saftey car you would lose yor track postion and rejoin at the back of the pack. As anyone who pits will be getting fresh tires, so technically it could be an advantage pitting during a saftey car depending on when it happens.

Also I think 2 stewards will be enough, between 2 people you should be able to spot any major crashes.

I'm not sure about people unlapping themselves think if your behind the leader when saftey car is called then you should stay behind him.

Yeah why not use the GT-R It's an actual saftey car with the blue light on the roof, It would be very easy to spot.
 
Ok so what about the caution flag rules I talked about? Unlapping, pitting etc.?

And you're planning on dishing out penalties in real time correct? You shouldn't do a drive through penalty, just make them slow down to 30mph for ten seconds and have the steward watch and confirm. Because obviously getting a drive through gives them new tires and part of getting a drive through in F1 is that you can't get new tires either.
 
Ok guys, if you can do it, perfect! :) This is going to be intense! I gotta focus on the finale this weekend though and forget this for now :D. Im racing against aliens after all, I need to be at my best(even though I think it wont be enough :lol:)
 
Sorry Rt I just figured the race steward would be there for more than just releasing the safety car. Seems kinda redundant. But I do love the new features immensely, I just wanna make sure they'll function as well as we want them to.
 
But I do love the new features immensely, I just wanna make sure they'll function as well as we want them to.

This is exactly my thoughts.
 
Ok so what about the caution flag rules I talked about? Unlapping, pitting etc.?

When the caution comes out, I will pull out onto the track and it'll be up to the leader to find me. Any other cars between me and him can go around me and catch up to the end of the field. Cars that pit under caution will fall in position wherever they came out of the pits. If ~4 cars decide to pit and the rest stay out, then those 4 cars will re-start at the rear of the field.

I may do something along the lines of NASCAR and give the first car a lap down their lap back under caution.

And you're planning on dishing out penalties in real time correct? You shouldn't do a drive through penalty, just make them slow down to 30mph for ten seconds and have the steward watch and confirm. Because obviously getting a drive through gives them new tires and part of getting a drive through in F1 is that you can't get new tires either.

No real-time penalties, too hard to keep track of. We'll just keep that as-is and use the replay to determine penalties after the race as usual.
 
When the caution comes out, I will pull out onto the track and it'll be up to the leader to find me. Any other cars between me and him can go around me and catch up to the end of the field. Cars that pit under caution will fall in position wherever they came out of the pits. If ~4 cars decide to pit and the rest stay out, then those 4 cars will re-start at the rear of the field.

I may do something along the lines of NASCAR and give the first car a lap down their lap back under caution.



No real-time penalties, too hard to keep track of. We'll just keep that as-is and use the replay to determine penalties after the race as usual.
How long will the races be?
 
Oh ok sounds real good. The Nascar style un-lap would work easily.


How long will the races be?

Should still be an hour I'd assume.
 
R1600Turbo
When the caution comes out, I will pull out onto the track and it'll be up to the leader to find me. Any other cars between me and him can go around me and catch up to the end of the field. Cars that pit under caution will fall in position wherever they came out of the pits. If ~4 cars decide to pit and the rest stay out, then those 4 cars will re-start at the rear of the field.

I may do something along the lines of NASCAR and give the first car a lap down their lap back under caution.

No real-time penalties, too hard to keep track of. We'll just keep that as-is and use the replay to determine penalties after the race as usual.

Okay that makes sense I like the safety car too. 14 spots is plenty if you ask me especially since we're going back to the weekly qualifying thing :) That might open the b room can of worms again tho :p
 
Also, give points for qualifying "on the podium" 3 points for pole 2 for second 1 for third.
 
To be honest I would like one long race in the series, 1.5 hours?
Have you decided the tracks yet?
 
Well there's always been enduros, like Laguna this season, so I don't think he'd stop that.

I would love to do a 2 hour long one though. Perhaps at Suzuka full which would be supreme with faster specs.
 
Should still be an hour I'd assume.

That's what I had planned.

To be honest I would like one long race in the series, 1.5 hours?
Have you decided the tracks yet?

Yes. 8/10 are all real tracks for the HTWC.

HDCS isn't 100% set in stone yet.
 
I'd like to not race laguna as the final. just sayin.
 
Yes, as always, the first track to practice on and the last track to race :3
 
But I suck theeeeere :p
 
FMSC4_banner.png
Nice to finally see my car in the graphics. :dopey:

Hydra Tuning World Championship *NEW*
This is the new direction our top series will be taking. It's made to be as realistic as possible, implementing full damage, self griding, safety car periods, etc. Here's just a small preview of what to expect:
  • Two (x2) Divisions
  • 28 Total Grid Spots
  • More Power
  • Full Tuning Allowed
  • Racing Hard Tires
  • Weekly Qualifying
  • Self Griding
  • Safety Car
  • Caution Periods
  • Full Damage
  • 10 Race Schedule + 1 Divisional Final
My guess is that we'll have enough international interest that we'll have two divisions by default.

Before, I would have cringed about allowing full tuning but I have enough experience through the Lotus and GT4 series to have an idea on what to do.

As for the safety car and caution periods, love the concept but I'm not sure if it's worth all the effort. I'm not sure about the other divisions but in the races I was in this season, I think there was only one (Twin Cities) where a safety car was warranted. Plus, any area where human judgment is involved will attract criticism and I'm not sure you want any more of that on your plate.

I have no issues with hard racing tires coupled with more power.

As for 10 races and a divisional final, will it be like this year where the points carry over? My mind is saying to make it 7 divisional races and then 3 races with the top drivers with lowered points based on division standing, a la NASCAR.
Hard Dog Challenge *NEW*
Here you will find the new entry level series based off of our old format. Obviously this series will not be as hard-core as the other one, and is more suited for those that have never raced with us before, or are not in favor of running in the top series. Here's just a small preview of what to expect:
  • One (x1) Division
  • 15 Total Grid Spots
  • Stock Power
  • NO Tuning Allowed
  • Sport Soft Tires
  • Pre-Race Qualifying
  • Normal Grid
  • Limited Mechanical Damage
  • No Visual Damage
  • Six (x6) Race Schedule
No issues here.
 
As for the safety car and caution periods, love the concept but I'm not sure if it's worth all the effort. I'm not sure about the other divisions but in the races I was in this season, I think there was only one (Twin Cities) where a safety car was warranted. Plus, any area where human judgment is involved will attract criticism and I'm not sure you want any more of that on your plate.

I'm just trying to make this as realistic as possible. Yes, it's a video game and using a safety car is not really needed, but where's your imagination? :sly:
 
I like safety car :dopey:
 
Looking forward to this, after this weekend can we run a practice or something :D?
 
I'm just trying to make this as realistic as possible. Yes, it's a video game and using a safety car is not really needed, but where's your imagination? :sly:
Oh, believe me, I have imagination, maybe too much of it. :lol:

If you want to put in the effort, then do it. 👍
I like safety car :dopey:
I prefer a pace car. Why?



That's why. :D
 
I'm taking that as implicit approval to bump you during the caution. :sly:

Now, would you still drive the Roadster TC or choose a different Mazda so that we can spot you on the track like the RX-7?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back