PURE FMSC | Hydra World Championship / HDCS | Pre-Season Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 473 comments
  • 24,804 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking that as implicit approval to bump you during the caution. :sly:

Now, would you still drive the Roadster TC or choose a different Mazda so that we can spot you on the track like the RX-7?

'07 MX-5 (Blue/white)
 
'07 MX-5 (Blue/white)
Thought so.

Too bad we don't have something like below to use.

alms_2010_pacecar2.jpg
 
Technically we can use any Mazda, so I may switch it up a bit from race to race.
 
I think he should drive the furai :p
 
If you want to put in the effort, then do it. :tup:I prefer a pace car. Why?



That's why. :D


:lol: Thats hilarious
 
I was thinking last night, what if we made the Hard Dog Challenge using the old cars? I'm starting to think there's no reason to use the same car in both series...
 
I made up a Mazda6 last night. If a 4-door sedan out on track isn't obvious enough... :lol:

In any case, once the "CAUTION" thing pops up on everyone's screen (chat box) you should immediately slow your pace until you line up behind the safety car.
 
This idea is DA BOMB, yo!
Seriously, I like all the ideas. At first I was a bit hesitant because of the full tuning, but the tuning center solves my worry.

I'm also happy about having a bit more power, not because I want to go much faster, but because I want to have to manage rear end grip.

*******
Out of curiosity, besides adding realism, will a safety car add much functionality? What I mean is, how damaged can cars get with full damage on?
 
Out of curiosity, besides adding realism, will a safety car add much functionality? What I mean is, how damaged can cars get with full damage on?

I believe with full damage once the car is damaged, you will have to come into the pits to have it repaired. It doesn't fix itself like limited damage does. Honestly I have yet to test some of this stuff out. :lol:

Edit: New logo for the top series added to the OP. 👍
 
Last edited:
It's only really when you get engine damage it slow's you down dramaticly, on full damage that would be the only time I would repair it. If it's just bump on the side I'll just troop on unless ready to pit anyway or saftey car came out :D. Sometimes a bump to the rear can make the steering pretty bad but depends on the car and you can allways bump the other side to level it out.
 
I believe with full damage once the car is damaged, you will have to come into the pits to have it repaired. It doesn't fix itself like limited damage does. Honestly I have yet to test some of this stuff out. :lol:
Practice....DRIVING THE SAFETY CAR, IT IS HARD



You have a couple mouths, hopefully, in time, you will be this guy....
 
Yeah that won't be me. :D
 
LOL :lol: did you see the guy that stole the pace car heheheh :D
 
I was thinking last night, what if we made the Hard Dog Challenge using the old cars? I'm starting to think there's no reason to use the same car in both series...
I'm mixed on this considering with the additions to the TC, the gap between the two cars may be a little too big.
Practice....DRIVING THE SAFETY CAR, IT IS HARD
I don't think we'll have to worry about RT crashing the car but on people taking him out, that might be another story.

I may have a solution for that. :sly:

image-112.jpg
 
Eh maybe.
On the flip side, lowered powered cars means tighter packs and it would assist in teaching the drivers good racecraft (At least, in theory).

I just remembered something that I forgot to ask yesterday. For the Hydra series, will we still be dropping one race or will we go up to two?
 
On the flip side, lowered powered cars means tighter packs and it would assist in teaching the drivers good racecraft (At least, in theory).

I just remembered something that I forgot to ask yesterday. For the Hydra series, will we still be dropping one race or will we go up to two?

May go 2 or 3. 👍
 
Me likely. :)
 
so maybe this has been covered, but has the 86 series been cancelled in lieu of FMSC 4? I don't see the 86 thread anymore.
 
It's still there, it's just about half way down the page. The 86 series may end up being during the week, which means it will be limited to a few time zones.
 
It's still there, it's just about half way down the page. The 86 series may end up being during the week, which means it will be limited to a few time zones.

It would be great if we could still run the Maita series again really enjoyed it 👍
 
I did some testing last night with the car by adding a Stage 3 Turbo and the Racing Hard tires. It's awesome. :drool:
 
RT imo the car goes faster with the supercharger.... I tried with the B spec bobs and they even came up with being faster with the supercharger :p.

Also I dislike turbos :p, especially when they ruin the engine noise :grumpy:.
 
You can hardly tell that it's there to be honest, the car just pulls like a banshee up top now. I have yet to test the supercharger, will do tonight.
 
You can hardly tell that it's there to be honest, the car just pulls like a banshee up top now. I have yet to test the supercharger, will do tonight.

Can we do some tests on just how fast we can make these cars and still keep the racing close (turbo, supercharger, Stage 2-3, weight)?
 
Weight is going to stay the same. The only power adders we'll be adding would be the turbo or the supercharger. No engine stages.
 
Weight is going to stay the same. The only power adders we'll be adding would be the turbo or the supercharger. No engine stages.

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
 
I think the turbo or supercharger paired with the tuning aspect will make the car different enough for everyone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back