PURE FMSC | Hydra World Championship / HDCS | Pre-Season Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 473 comments
  • 24,804 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Itll make it a bit more fun for those who complained of the understeer and give the tuners their fix, for me itll be all the same aslong as the racing is still great (which it will) :D.
 
I would be interested in the HD series if the TC car is used and the time slot is fitting.
 
@R1600Turbo, HTWC sounds like fun, I'll join for next season, and its miata's? Love those things man, the tc correct?
 
Turbo, I know its not a Mazda, but use the SLS AMG as the pace car. Sticks out enough to be well known as the pace car, or use the Nissan GT-R Pacecar.
 
Would like to stay with the Mazda theme. Everyone should know what the pace car looks like, and if you hit me it's your own fault for not paying attention. ;)
 
Make the saftey car fluorescent yellow then who could miss it :sly:.
 
💡 💡

An 1.5 to 2 hour race at Suzuka with rain!!
They race in the rain in real life, it happens in real life.
 
💡 💡

An 1.5 to 2 hour race at Suzuka with rain!!
They race in the rain in real life, it happens in real life.

If we did do real weather, I would want the safety car coming out if the rain got really bad ( like at 80% or 90% wet track or something) and if it continued to rain a red flag or something. Cause sometimes the rain gets out of hand in GT5 and it never stops :scared:
 
Does it actually stop raining? When we first got Spa, it started raining, got really wet, and never stopped. I don't race in the rain like...ever. :lol:
 
Does it actually stop raining? When we first got Spa, it started raining, got really wet, and never stopped. I don't race in the rain like...ever. :lol:

I ran a rain and snow room once, yes it will stop :(. Not sure if it dose at Spa?
 
Is that something you guys would want? If it starts raining and gets too wet, we can throw the caution for rain and if it doesn't look like it's going to stop then everyone can pit and change tires together, etc.
 
Is that something you guys would want? If it starts raining and gets too wet, we can throw the caution for rain and if it doesn't look like it's going to stop then everyone can pit and change tires together, etc.
Nah. This isn't like NASCAR where we're driving 800+ hp behemoths. If weather's a part of the equation, then we should be practicing for it anyways. :sly:
 
yeah I think the weather is ment to be like real life, so it's just your luck really you could get a small shower for half an hour or it could rain for 3 days LOL. I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 real weather races but not to many, also I just thought since driving on a 100% wet track is pretty annoying and we have a saftey car :) we could put it to use.

Most times when I have had races where it rained it just separated the field people make more mistakes, some people change to inters others to wets and some stay on softs and it comes down to luck and a bit of experience as there is no weather forecast it's impossible to know if it's going to rain till the end of the race or stop raining in 5mins.
 
I'm going to do some testing either tonight or in the next few days by adjusting the weather settings on a track and see what, if any, changes actually occur.
 
I'm going to do some testing either tonight or in the next few days by adjusting the weather settings on a track and see what, if any, changes actually occur.
My thought is to have one race with fixed rain and one where it starts cloud with a chance for rain. Since we're allowed to drop more than one race, then I don't think too many will complain. 👍
 
Man I love the lighting at the weather tracks. Wish the standard tracks would use the same lighting. :(

Anyways, currently sitting at Suzuka with it on 25% and weather change at "5" and it's clouded over, but not raining 15 minutes in.

Edit: I think weather on 25% with change on 5 or 6 might be sufficient. If it rains, it rains. If not, well then enjoy the super awesome lighting. :D

On another note, I have created a ghost replay at Suzuka using the Mazda6 that people can use to practice following a safety car! I'm a genius!

Edit 2: Hard Dog Challenge Logo added to OP. :)
 
Last edited:
When I did the b spec Suzuka 1000 Km race It did not race for the first hour, then it started. I had my guy pit right away, that equaled major fail. I switched back to slicks and he was back to challange for first. The AI did not pit till the water surface gauge said 50% then switch to racing rain tires.
 
Man I love the lighting at the weather tracks. Wish the standard tracks would use the same lighting. :(

Anyways, currently sitting at Suzuka with it on 25% and weather change at "5" and it's clouded over, but not raining 15 minutes in.

Edit: I think weather on 25% with change on 5 or 6 might be sufficient. If it rains, it rains. If not, well then enjoy the super awesome lighting. :D

On another note, I have created a ghost replay at Suzuka using the Mazda6 that people can use to practice following a safety car! I'm a genius!

Edit 2: Hard Dog Challenge Logo added to OP. :)

That sound like a great idea to me.
And the lighting is so much better. I think they re-baked it for GT5, and use GT5P settings for the normal track.
 
I think you should make the weather conditions dependent on the real life weather conditions at that location.
 
Good idea there Mr. Stig. ;)
 
lol beat you to it Stig, that's exactly what we do in JGTS :p
 
Wardez
lol beat you to it Stig, that's exactly what we do in JGTS :p

Lol dammit i'm still taking credit for the idea :p
 
I have a possible suggestion to make. How about add weight penaltys to the race winners like Super GT does. I think they added 30 kg for first 20 kg for second 10 for third. That's just an example but not exact. It helps level the field and keep the action tighter. I think aderrrm should have a 50 kg weight starting in the first race next season. :lol::lol:
 
Well, now that someone else's brought it up I'll say that I was actually thinking of that too... but just thinking.

But like I said in the stream, even when Aderrrm had full winner's weight @ 200kg in a GT300 car in WSGTC 2 he still won at Laguna Seca...
 
I have a possible suggestion to make. How about add weight penaltys to the race winners like Super GT does. I think they added 30 kg for first 20 kg for second 10 for third. That's just an example but not exact. It helps level the field and keep the action tighter. I think aderrrm should have a 50 kg weight starting in the first race next season. :lol::lol:
For the record, we had that type of system in the GT4 series and it took 200 kg before Adam stopped winning. :lol:
 
For the record, we had that type of system in the GT4 series and it took 200 kg before Adam stopped winning. :lol:

Oh yeah, forgot about that!

So, why not?
 
I'm not sure, If I can't keep up with someone I sure would feel cheap beating a guy with a 400 pound linebacker in the car to slow him down.
 
Last edited:
I already have that jotted down. Not all of my notes are in this thread. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back