PURE FMSC | Hydra World Championship / HDCS | Pre-Season Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 473 comments
  • 24,805 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneak peak!

fmsc4_map_1.png
Indy Road Course and Suzuka? Yes! 👍

I'm already wanting to jump in and test. Did you finalize what additions are going to the TC? I already know about the Racing Hards but it seems like we could either add a turbo or a supercharger.
 
Supercharger is final actually, just tested it a couple nights ago. So on top of what the car has now, I believe you should purchase:
  • Supercharger
  • Adjustable LSD
  • Chassis Stiffening (optional)
Then tune to your hearts content. :D

Edit: Hydra Tuning Series cars ONLY for those reading this.
 
I say Supercharger much more fun than the Turbo :p.

Edit: Tree'd and Yay Supercharger :D:D. So I was right then Turbo :sly:.
 
Too bad no supercharger noises though. :(
 
Supercharger is final actually, just tested it a couple nights ago. So on top of what the car has now, I believe you should purchase:
  • Supercharger
  • Adjustable LSD
  • Chassis Stiffening (optional)
Then tune to your hearts content. :D

Edit: Hydra Tuning Series cars ONLY for those reading this.
Already done.

If the Monday Night Game gets really boring (very likely), I'll likely run some laps in my lounge. :)
 
Just from looking at last season, one thing really stood out. It was too bad that we didn't get to race with the people from the other divisions. If we could think of a way to have some kind of inter-division racing, whether it be just exhibition races or actual points races, something so we can trade paint with the rival division. 👍
 
There's always practice races for that. The problem with doing mixed Division races is that scheduling doesn't work for everyone as we found out for the Laguna race yesterday. Hence why the two different time slots.
 
Yeah I think a midseason exhibition would be cool. It was fun racing with people from the other divisions in the wild card race. I know scheduling is a pain but if its optional it's not a big deal for those that miss it.
 
I'm really liking this idea turbo. I'm definitely in for this season. Looks really good. Well thought out. :D
 
Good to have you back.

It's even more though out than what you see here. I'll be posting all info when I post the official threads in a bit. Still not sure when we're going to start.
 
Just to make it even more official, I just ran a few laps at Laguna Seca with the tuned up TC. 1:28.447 was my best lap and I have no idea if that's good or bad. All I know is that Laguna is so much more fun when the Miata doesn't push like a donkey. :p
 
That's about what I expected.
 
Hey outlaw did you install the chassis reinforcement? I don't wanna do it if the car pushes with it.
 
Just so everyone knows, I will be creating a drivers "packet" (aka pdf file) that contains the rules and procedures for the Hydra series. It will outline the key words you need to look for when it comes to safety car periods, lining up on the grid, etc.

It might be a bit long so don't get scared when you open it and see quite a few pages. :p
 
Hey outlaw did you install the chassis reinforcement? I don't wanna do it if the car pushes with it.
Nope. Since it's a permanent add-on, I'm staying away from it at least until we're allowed to buy another TC Miata.
 
outlaw4rc
Nope. Since it's a permanent add-on, I'm staying away from it at least until we're allowed to buy another TC Miata.

Cool my thoughts exactly, thanks man.
 
Nope. Since it's a permanent add-on, I'm staying away from it at least until we're allowed to buy another TC Miata.

Yep, i dont want to screw up this car when i know the reinforcement causes a tighter car, and im already just barely getting this thing to turn.

Just so everyone knows, I will be creating a drivers "packet" (aka pdf file) that contains the rules and procedures for the Hydra series. It will outline the key words you need to look for when it comes to safety car periods, lining up on the grid, etc.

It might be a bit long so don't get scared when you open it and see quite a few pages. :p

Meh, it will give me something to read while I'm on the porcelain throne. Good work, man.
 
wow, This will be amazing if it goes like what you posted with Safety Cars etc, i like this hardcore idea too be honest :)
 
Yep, i dont want to screw up this car when i know the reinforcement causes a tighter car, and im already just barely getting this thing to turn.

It lets you use a softer suspension to gain increased mechanical grip. It's one of those things that you have to tune for. Tuning the car and then slapping it on will almost always = crap.
Not sure why it's even buy-able for race cars though... they should all already have it pre-installed; because roll-cage.
 
Just so everyone knows, I will be creating a drivers "packet" (aka pdf file) that contains the rules and procedures for the Hydra series. It will outline the key words you need to look for when it comes to safety car periods, lining up on the grid, etc.

It might be a bit long so don't get scared when you open it and see quite a few pages. :p

Thank you, should make it easy to check-up on rules.
 
I read in another thread that Kaz tweeted that the new DLC comes out the 20th. Hopefully that will be the date that they make it so we can buy the DLC cars :D
 
Should be a press release tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a new track more than anything else to be honest. Crossing my fingers for a new track like Silverstone, but we'll probably get something from the past like Midfield or Apricot Hill.
 
Should be a press release tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a new track more than anything else to be honest. Crossing my fingers for a new track like Silverstone, but we'll probably get something from the past like Midfield or Apricot Hill.

Are the 8 tracks you selected set in stone, or is there a chance a track from the new DLC will make it in?
 
R1600Turbo
Should be a press release tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a new track more than anything else to be honest. Crossing my fingers for a new track like Silverstone, but we'll probably get something from the past like Midfield or Apricot Hill.

Midfield + Apricot hill + el capitan = happy mule.

Test course = even happier mule
 
Are the 8 tracks you selected set in stone, or is there a chance a track from the new DLC will make it in?

Depending on the DLC, one of them could change. However, the way I have the schedule now, we would be going to Laguna during the season, and at the divisional championship at the end of the season. So if I got rid of one of them it won't be a big deal.

Edit: Apparently we're not getting a new track.... :(
 
Last edited:
Wow, talk about a disappointing DLC pack. Kaz might as well have just given us a lump of coal for Christmas. I also don't see anything that says you'll be able to purchase DLC cars from the dealership or get the DLC on other accounts.
 
Really?

Says right in the press release we can get the DLC on other accounts. (although doesn't matter for me)

Honestly I'm content with the DLC. Disappointed there's not a new track, but I can't wait to drive the new cars and change the wheels on all my standard cars. :D

Edit: Tree'd. :dunce:
 
@Turbo - P.S. Everything sounds peachy keen for the HTWC series. 👍
 
So who wants to start testing this weekend :p

Might have to bring back my season 2 nb with some blingy wheels
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back