PURE FMSC | Hydra World Championship / HDCS | Pre-Season Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 473 comments
  • 24,807 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i'm with carra tbh, If I ever manage to win a race against you guys I don't want it to be because other people have extra weight.
 
Teams?
 
Hadn't really thought about it, no.
 
I call Adam! He'll be Vettel and I'll be Webber. :p

Seriously, I'm not a big fan of teams, especially since the season's going to be longer and 100% participation from everyone will be unlikely.
 
Please, don't even think about teams....
 
But like I said in the stream, even when Aderrrm had full winner's weight @ 200kg in a GT300 car in WSGTC 2 he still won at Laguna Seca...

watched most of that... started out really great but you should work on your stamina... got a little zany toward the end :D
But in all seriousness good job, you should edit it and pinch Jordan til he posts it on the main page. The 'show' today was actually pretty entertaining.
 
If we are having ballast then make it exclusively to Aderrrm. :D Hey, that way we can have a chance of winning. 6 races and 6 wins for him :scared: Something has to be done about that :lol:
 
But in all seriousness good job, you should edit it and pinch Jordan til he posts it on the main page. The 'show' today was actually pretty entertaining.

👍

I just caught the first few minutes. I'll watch the rest tomorrow night. Awesome work dude. :dopey:
 
Thanks for all the kind words about the stream, I managed to put together something close to what I envisioned with limited time before the race to do it (half hour lol) so that was a success for sure, but the race itself was even more so. Great job every one, really a textbook race in every aspect (including the disconnects lol).

And yeah, Jordan should post it to show these guys what they're all actually missing out on :D
 
So since this is the pre-season discussion thread for Season 4, are there any ideas you guys have that that you might like to see implemented? Now that Season 3 is over, I'm going to start pumping out thread graphics, etc so I can get the new threads up in the next few weeks or so.

I could post them by the end of the week, but it might be a bit early. :D
 
Yes, add a "Classic" non points race.
'98 MX5, the track would be revealed in the room.
Short race, no pit stops.
The prize could be a 250,000 - 500,000CR car (I could donate it).
Could be held with the featured event that weekend.
Only 1 (maybe 2) race like this per-season.
So.... anyone?
 
Last edited:
Besides that. :p

No we might be able to do something like that, I'm mainly talking about was to improve what we have. ;)
 
*subscribed*

Count me in as one more interested in the HDCS if it uses the Roadster TC in spec form as detailed in the OP.
 
For the record, we had that type of system in the GT4 series and it took 200 kg before Adam stopped winning. :lol:

If takes that much to slow him then , put him in a '65 Fiat 500 and give him a 4 lap start. He may still win it tho:sick:
 
Actually I got a PM from Adam this morning with balast ideas. ;)
 
Actually I got a PM from Adam this morning with balast ideas. ;)

Great, as long as our ballast limit is about 3x smaller than his limit! :D Or else, forget about it! :lol: jk
 
He brought up a good idea about a points-based ballast system. Will look it over further and see if I understand if fully. When there's a bunch of numbers involved, my head gets all fuzzy. :p
 
Sneak peak!

fmsc4_map_1.png
 
Omygawd best track selection ever. Minus laguna of course :P
 
There's 2 tracks missing from that map, but those are the custom courses that have yet to be chosen.
 
How about doing a rolling start? The pace car could lead the way around a warmup lap, then as the pace car pulls off the track, the steward can announce the start.

What are the possible time slots looking like for the series? I definitely prefer the 10pm est start that we had in Div 2.
 
Monaco? That's crazy! I like it :D. Oh yeah, so what miata will be used on the Hard Dog Challenge?
 
How about doing a rolling start? The pace car could lead the way around a warmup lap, then as the pace car pulls off the track, the steward can announce the start.

What are the possible time slots looking like for the series? I definitely prefer the 10pm est start that we had in Div 2.

I thought about rolling starts, but not everyone likes them. Would certainly be easier than parking your car on the grid. (I think)

Time slots will stay just about the same. (4pm / 10pm EST)

Monaco? That's crazy! I like it :D. Oh yeah, so what miata will be used on the Hard Dog Challenge?

Same car we used in Season 3.
 
Time slots will stay just about the same. (4pm / 10pm EST)

Glad to hear the 10pm start time might stay. That worked great for me this season.
 
I should be able to splice that image so that you can click on the track logos and go to the race info when it's available. At least that's the plan...
 
night race would be awesome... but I think you'd need to use toscana or nurb24, too bad they didn't give us day/night on spa. it is the home of a 24h gt race after all.
 
We could make the Toscana race a day/night transition race. We'll have one coming from the track maker contest along with an Eifel themed track.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back