PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

My race developed well, finding myself alone in thrird after a while. But I just didn't have the pace here. In the end I had a three way battle for third with Rich and Turbo, being slowest of the three. Lost the car in the chicane and hit the barrier. Next lap trying to pit I hit the pit post, spun in the pit entry, and got a drive through without getting the damage fixed. Then I just parked it.

Good fun though.
Sorry for the bump early in the race,I was "helped" into you.

Not a bad race from my end. Not naming names but someone felt the need to block every attempt at me passing them, even went as far as pushing me all the way to the pit lane wall on the front stretch when I had a nose in for the pass. I might understand driving like that with a few laps to go, but 10 laps into the race it was unnecessary. And the only thing it accomplishes is holding everyone up behind you.

But starting 8th and coming away 3rd....I'll take it. The air behind the Arta's is incredibly nasty. Every time I would get close to Rich I would then lose ground because I would lose all front end grip. Luckily I got close enough coming into the chicane for the 2nd to last time and got a good run through there. I think Rich made a mistake because I was able to pull alongside and ahead coming to the white flag.

Realized that I forgot to calculate my mileage for the race, so did a 15 lap stint in practice before the race and did a quick calculation. Figured I would need 26 liters to get to the end. I planned on 30, took 15 on my first stop, then gambled and put 12 in on the second stop. Think I had a couple laps left in the tank at best. :)

Realy fun race tonight. :) To bad i wrack my car one turn before the startline in lap 21 i think,:guilty: drove back to pit for fiks my car, realy stupid.
think i lost 1 min and 20 sec on that stupid thing.:yuck:
got some battle after a while so the race was fun for me from start to end.:)

OMG. Power went out exiting the last turn on last lap.

Please for all that's sane tell me I'm not getting screwed out of my drive from 13th to 7th. Uggggh

I'm totally gutted here.
Feel for ya, man. :(

For all the smoke, crashes, and unfortunately, more aggressive driving, I somehow made it through all of it. First start was a disaster, as someone piled into me and crushed my little Arta into a cube. Second time around, better but then I saw what I thought was a big crash, so I played it safe by taking some preventive action. I lost spots, but I kept marching on, knowing my car would really come in after a few laps. It did, and as I expected, I gained spots because of people making mistakes. Soon, I caught up to a big pack of about five cars and it was getting dicey. Once I hit around 18 laps, I came in, believing I could jump those ahead of me. The plan worked great, staying ahead of both Jason and Johan for the whole run.

I came in early again, but second time around didn't work so well in regards to traffic. Had Jason and Johan following me, but the latter must have crashed at some point, so it became another classic Jason vs me battle for third. I could tell the aero push was denying him a good run, so I held on until coming to the white at the S3 chicane. Unfortunately, the Arta had big trouble riding the curbing on old tires, and it finally got me as it made my rear slip. Jason took advantage and pulled off a great pass. Darn him! :P

Oh, well. Happy with 4th considering how awful I Q'ed, and that patience paid off again like it did at Monaco. Oh, and I finally finished ahead of Johan. :sly:

That AWD gets out of slow corners like a rocket ship... any wiggle and you can say good bye to Jason. ;)

That AWD gets out of slow corners like a rocket ship... any wiggle and you can say good bye to Jason. ;)

If I hit those curbs too hard on worn tires my car would be all over the place too. Just happened to be at the right place at the right time. :sly:

Well done Spurgy on your debut PURE race 👍. (Don't worry about Tony he's just too fast :P)

paulmac2k9
Well done Spurgy on your debut PURE race 👍. (Don't worry about Tony he's just too fast :P)

Thanks :) and I kept within 2.5 seconds for him for most of the race so not worried at all :P

So did Gooners, but the Celica always pulls away after a stop or two. It's like the dark side fuels him/

Thanks :) and I kept within 2.5 seconds for him for most of the race so not worried at all :P

We know your an alien too from your GT-A performance, amoung other stuff you dominate so should be fun for you 2 at Spa :D.

Pretty much, yes. Not good when you're driving a car that destroys the rears...

rjfxjb.jpg
2zjj6mf.jpg

and a driver that loves using them up. I did that 3-5 times during the race. :lol:

Responded RT, you may find it rather shocking though, I did myself..

So I could of got a top 5 finish, but due to me being invisible I could not pit for tires and fuel so I elected to pull out after 20 laps. I don't know why this happen but I do know that this is happening to a couple of drivers after Pd's update so I'm guessing another bug for them to fix. 👎

Can someone from D1 post the results, disconnections, fastest laps etc?

Also, does anyone have last weeks finishing times from D1? I have the results, gaps and fastest laps but not each drivers total time.

Cheers

Can someone from D1 post the results, disconnections, fastest laps etc?

Also, does anyone have last weeks finishing times from D1? I have the results, gaps and fastest laps but not each drivers total time.

Cheers
Forgot to get screenshots post-race, but I can extrapolate the numbers. 👍

There is the question regarding Jeff (Owens), because he said he cut out just before reaching the finish. However, his car did stay in the game long enough to cross the line and register a gap time. Will we count that as finishing the race?

Forgot to get screenshots post-race, but I can extrapolate the numbers. 👍

There is the question regarding Jeff (Owens), because he said he cut out just before reaching the finish. However, his car did stay in the game long enough to cross the line and register a gap time. Will we count that as finishing the race?

Yes, if his car registered a finishing time, the result stands.
Cheers

Cape Ring Inside, D1

Finish Time: 56:37.770

Results (not including Jeff)
10ctap0.jpg

Results (Jeff)
2w6uiz6.jpg

DNF's
IforceV8 - Lap 16 - 52.969
PhaedrusSocrates - Lap 22 - 52.509
unrealanthony - Lap 45 - 52.346

...and Monaco:

Finish Time: 1:18.43.206

2ivmzhl.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Rich.
Could you get the fastest laps of the cars that didn't finish?
I will also need the screenshot of the results without the fastest laps (each drivers total time)

Any info you could give would be very much appreciated. :cheers:

Thanks Rich.
Could you get the fastest laps of the cars that didn't finish?
I will also need the screenshot of the results without the fastest laps (each drivers total time)

Any info you could give would be very much appreciated. :cheers:
Added fastest times to OP.

For driver's total time, I gave you the leader's (I simply paused right after Tony crossed the line and did total time - lap time). You can then figure out everyone else's total race time by adding their gap to the leader's time. If you need the screenshot that you get after the race is over, don't have that one. I keep forgetting to take a picture of it.

Well i have just watched the replay of last nights race and what a battle i had with DragonWhiskey it was nip and tuck all the way. After the first lap i was sitting in 14th place with a glitch in my gearbox for some unknown reason it was topping out at just over 5000 revs, But after the first pitstop all went back to normal and then i just battled on with Dragon trying not to make any mistakes and finally finishing 7th. All i can say is what a fantastic race and track and i really enjoyed the race but i think next week will be a lot different with the Honda`s leading the way looking forward to meeting you all next week.

Well i have just watched the replay of last nights race and what a battle i had with DragonWhiskey it was nip and tuck all the way. After the first lap i was sitting in 14th place with a glitch in my gearbox for some unknown reason it was topping out at just over 5000 revs, But after the first pitstop all went back to normal and then i just battled on with Dragon trying not to make any mistakes and finally finishing 7th. All i can say is what a fantastic race and track and i really enjoyed the race but i think next week will be a lot different with the Honda`s leading the way looking forward to meeting you all next week.

👍

Yeah, that was one helluva battle. Tough to pass on this track and I apologize for the taps in T1. Couldn't get the damn thing slowed down enough. Thought I had the position secure late in the race then effed up the chicane (T7?) entrance and went wide through 8 and didn't have enough time to chase you down again.

Thought I had a decent chance at podium but JTV disabused that notion early, then had an incident and had to pit way off my strategy and that pretty much put an end to even a top 5 finish.

Was fun racing you Pag. 👍

Spa should be fun in these cars.

Back