PURE | GATE - Suzuka

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,170 comments
Paginas1
I've missed you Owen. Well missed beating you that is haha.

Will you be racing with us?

Of course! Very excited to race with you guys again.

Btw the Imprezza Super TC is very very similar car to the FTO stock no tune. So if the FTO can be spec'd to fit in. Surely those specs carry over to the Imprezza Super TC. That is one more.

I personally don't care about my car choice. But if I was being picky. That FTO is one of my favorites. The sound alone is just menacing! LoL

MÜLE_9242
I can't get to the regs on my iPod, because the link is embedded with a picture :(

Just wanted to let those know that are using the app. Up top of a thread is a title with a > at the right of title. Click that and you get a true web view of the thread. This makes those hot links work. As well it's Best to do this on any OP as there are missing things in the app compared to web view. Not always but the links are key.

Anyway. Hope that helps some out using the app. All my GTP viewing is from the App. Either iPhone or iPad. The iPad version is Wierd when your used to the iPhone version. Similar but different. LoL

Any rest sessions coming up?

Can we get a PURE GT5 account made and get all us added. Then we can just meet there and test and tune. Testing all done here and all data taken from private lounge will carry over with out incident to an open lobby on race day. Honestly haven't noticed much difference if at all.

I honestly like those private rooms. No choads entering ruining qualifiers with text box. Etc etc.

Even if used for practice sessions and a constant meeting place.

No one has to maintain the account once set up. Decide to allow mics or not. If just testing in there. I'd say allow.

Sounds manageable, anyone's free to set it up if they're like. I'm going to sleep for now.

New account added for testing, practice etc. send friend requests to;
THE_PURE_LOUNGE

Last edited:
What's up everyone,

I saw a car the pop up for inclusion (Cwest) that may be a nightmare for anyone to use, unless you slow the rest of the field down substantially. IIRC, that car is roughly 1.2-1.5 seconds slower with same HP/weight as most of the others. Make sure to review that one carefully.

The R8 LMS and the R-35 TC are both great cars, but don't think they really fit the GT300 class due to the torque output. I was seeing about 6 mph more on the straight at Tskuba with those cars using the same hp/weight ratio. Even after I dropped down the power to hanidcap the cars, they still saw a little more straight line speed than the fastest 300 (more for the R8). With this advantage on a small straight, I can only assume the difference would be massive on a longer straight.

I'd be very cautious of including cars with larger engines because unlike real life where a limiter can handicap an entire powerband, in GT5 it only limits the hp and flattens the powerband making the car better.

Just a quickie when testing. Are we trying to stick to cars which will look the part e.g. liveries etc. or? As theres a few cars which can be added such as a Z06, 430, Gallardo to name a few, except reading Crazy's comment just above may make them pointless to test.

Toyo its invite only all who were sent a PM by Wardez are allowed to compete, sadly for me ill be missing the first 3 weeks due to another race series clashing with this :(.

So my take on all of this is that including too many non-sgt cars gets away from the theme. I agree with using the r8 and m3 because real life gt300 class has them. But there's just too many cars to possibly add in. Unless I'm misunderstanding, isn't this supposed to be a gt300 series? Just my 2¢

I don't think adding a few more cars to widen the choice can be a bad thing... the cars I am specifically looking at are similar types of car that should not be out of place in GT300 races but need tweaking to fit the specs. The Super Touring cars and LM class cars are pretty under-used I feel and this is a good opportunity to give them a fair go.

Toyo its invite only all who were sent a PM by Wardez are allowed to compete, sadly for me ill be missing the first 3 weeks due to another race series clashing with this :(.

Damn that cheers...

OK tested the FTO and compared it against the Wedssport IS350... chose the Lexus because I've done many miles in it and chose Deep Forest Reverse track as I'm pretty fast and consistent round there usually.

So we have Lexus Wedssport IS350 @ 355bhp, 1150kg, 549pp vs Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring @ 356bhp, 1180kg, 541pp. Both on R1 tyres....

DA6righthand
So my take on all of this is that including too many non-sgt cars gets away from the theme. I agree with using the r8 and m3 because real life gt300 class has them. But there's just too many cars to possibly add in. Unless I'm misunderstanding, isn't this supposed to be a gt300 series? Just my 2¢

Good point. I think we are only looking for a couple of extra cars to compliment the gt300 cars. It's looking like the BMW M3 should be one. Maybe as Johan has suggested, try the Toyota mr/s again.
After all this is a GT300 championship.

I'd stick with just the M3 and MRS. We could also try getting the Silva up to speed.

Good point. I think we are only looking for a couple of extra cars to compliment the gt300 cars. It's looking like the BMW M3 should be one. Maybe as Johan has suggested, try the Toyota mr/s again.
After all this is a GT300 championship.

The 320i ETCC touring car is probably better suited to GT300 than the M3 GTR.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza.jpg

I agree with adding the MRS and the M3. What's the issue with the MRS that makes you not want to include it?

Also, what specs are you guys using for the other gt300 cars? The specs I have are ones Denilson sent me from a previous season.

DA6righthand
I agree with adding the MRS and the M3. What's the issue with the MRS that makes you not want to include it?

Also, what specs are you guys using for the other gt300 cars? The specs I have are ones Denilson sent me from a previous season.

I have just sent you the link 👍

All hp's and weights must be able to be checked. For example:
315hp
325hp
335hp
345hp
355hp

The problem with the Mr/s was the powerband. Difficult to get used to,although Paulmac2k9 loved it and aderrrm won with it.

Last edited:
OK tested the FTO and compared it against the Wedssport IS350... chose the Lexus because I've done many miles in it and chose Deep Forest Reverse track as I'm pretty fast and consistent round there usually.

So we have Lexus Wedssport IS350 @ 355bhp, 1150kg, 549pp vs Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring @ 356bhp, 1180kg, 541pp. Both on R1 tyres....

Very good stuff there Chris.👍

From the looks of that the FTO is slightly faster,(top speed) maybe a 10HP cut on the FTO.
It looks like the FTO is under steering a bit more, so I suspect it's cornering potential is a bit higher. (As it is they seem about even I think)

I agree with that. The FTO seems faster.

Also, since you've driven the Lexus a lot, but I guess the FTO is "new" for you, if you can quickly get it to par, it means the FTO still has more potential and could get faster, with enough tracktime.

Haven't tested the FTO, but from memory that car seems to be an outlier. Its generally very fast when used at similar power/weights and has AWD. When you couple AWD, with the fact its a slightly faster than normal car, and the ability to manipulate its huge amount of ballast I believe it would be too much of an advantage.

Ditto on the 320 Touring car, the DF is way too low. I was looking for more cars with similar DF for inclusion, maybe something like the RX7 TC. However, it too may be a little too fast... would need to test it.

Looking brilliant this Eddie 👍 The range and quality of the drivers here as well makes it even more exciting.. can't wait!

I'm really excited for this series! From my tests of some cars (don't have all of them), they seem pretty even. Hopefully i can find some of the other cars. Back to testing after a crazy weekend for me.

I wouldn't go with the FTO simply because it's 4wd. I think that's the same reason that the '08 Subaru is excluded.

I have a room up right now for various testing. You guys are free to come in.

1472-6681-3415-7078-1465

Litchi
Since the Sub is a GT300, i don't understand why this car is excluded. even if it's a 4WD...

Ditto. If we're excluding it, shouldn't we exclude the FTO (I believe its 4wd) and other 4wd cars? I think all gt300 cars should be included, standard and premium, no matter what, with the exception being the Silvia. Let's level out the gt300 cars then see what keeps the other cars that may be included up to par. Again, just my 2¢ :-)

Back