PURE | GATE - Suzuka

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,170 comments
I would be good with including the 08 Suby (its one of my favorites), but its quite a bit down on performance. As well, it would be tough for the person driving it to get good tire life out of it. Only advantage would be in rain races, so I completely understand leaving it out.

The 08 Subaru fit in nicely in WSGTC 3, there's absolutely no good reason I'm aware of to exclude it. Or any car that matches performance well and is a good fit for GT300 class.

I did some testing focusing on the DTM cars staring with the BMW M3. I used Celica as the benchmark car which I think has good allround performance. At stock weight the BMW was a bit down on straight line speed, so what seemed to work the best was to running it a 345hp and 1180kg. With the extra weight and HP the top speed was just a little slower than the Celica but not by much.

Did quite a few laps at Suzuka which I think is a great test track as it has a bit of everything. Both cars lapped mostly in the 2.05.0xx-2.05.2xx. The Celica is maybe just a tad faster at Suzuka as I got into the 2.04 with it but not with the BMW.

Then I tested the Vauxall Astra and the Audi A4 and TT at the same spec. The Astra is a little faster both in straight line speed and lap time so a 335hp/1180Kg might be the right spec. The two Audis was very similar to the BMW M3.

Maybe most importantly, the feel of driving the DTM cars at this spec is very similar to the GT300 cars. With some further fine tuning of the specs I think the racing will be dead close and we get 4 additional cars at very simlar specifications.

The other fun aspect is that we get a little of Japaneze against European cars.

It would be great if some others could test the DTM cars against the GT300. If we want to add non GT300 cars, I think its a good path to take.

Edit: I used the same tune on all cars, my basic tune I used with the RX7 in WSGTC. But I used ride hight to tune each car for balance.

Last edited:
Let's not add DTM cars please. Adding more cars just increases the work we have to do. maybe the M3 and R8, but that's it.

The 08 Subaru has awful tire wear compared to everything else which is another factor I think.

How bout PD solves our dilemma and offer us new gt300 cars in dlc. I'm genius.

Oh yes please. I'm a Ferrari driver, so I'd very much appreciate a 430. We just need to send a message to PD and get them to work, then? :dopey:

I'm absolutely fine adding any car, for the reason that GT300 is one of the most unique and varied racing categories in the world, and we can easily reflect that in our series and in a really fun way.

Here's a list of cars that have made it in Super GT GT 300 over the years:

ASL ASL Garaiya 2005, 2007–present
Aston Martin Aston Martin V8 Vantage 2010–present
Audi Audi R8 2012–present
BMW BMW Z4 2008–2009, 2011–present
Chevrolet Chevrolet Corvette C6 2005, 2008
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2011–present
Ferrari Ferrari 360 2005–2009
Ferrari F430 2007–present
Ferrari 458 Italia 2011–present
Ford Ford GT 2006
Honda Honda NSX 2005
Honda CRZ 2012-present
Lamborghini Lamborghini Murciélago 2005–2009
Lamborghini Gallardo 2007–present
Lexus Lexus IS 350 2008–present
Lotus Lotus Exige 2005
Mazda Mazda RX-7 1995–2010
Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2012-present
Mooncraft Mooncraft Shiden 2006–present
Mosler Mosler MT900 2005–2007, 2010–present
Nissan Nissan Fairlady Z 2005–2010
Porsche Porsche 911 GT3 2005–present
Porsche Boxster 2005–2010
Porsche 968 2005
Subaru Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2005–2008
Subaru Legacy 2009–2011
Subaru BRZ 2012–present
Toyota Toyota MR-S 2005–2008
Toyota Celica 2005–2008
Toyota Corolla Axio 2009–2011
Toyota Prius 2012-Present
Vemac Vemac RD 2005–present

Tell me this doesn't give us license to pick whatever we want.

We can't include in the R8, or R35 because they're just too fast. So with that I think we should aim to have 8 or 9 cars, and we're good.

So here's the list (like on the testing sheet) so far:
Toyota WEDSSPORT Celica '03
RE AMEMIYA Asparadrink RX7 '06
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '03
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA '03
Lexus WEDSSPORT IS350 '08
M3 GTR Race Car '01

Not exactly sure why we excluded the '08 Subaru, I did it in passing though on someone's advice, forgot who :x. But wasn't the tire wear on the '08 Subaru so good that it would just dominate races? Sounds to me like it has the same problem as when the R35 TC shows up in Adam's GT3 and GTE Pro spot races, it's just so easy on the tires and stable 'cause of the 4WD you can coast to victory.

And about the MR-S, sure we can include it, but here's the thing: who's actually going to want to use that car?

I'm liking the FTO, thanks for the testing so far and that awesome side-by-side video Vaga.

And I believe we should be able to use one of the DTM cars John's testing, so keep it up man and let us know which you feel is the best (I'm liking the Audi atm)

Incredible list of cars :)

Not exactly sure why we excluded the '08 Subaru, I did it in passing though on someone's advice, forgot who :x. But wasn't the tire wear on the '08 Subaru so good that it would just dominate races?
Quite the opposite, it has horrible front tyre wear. But it can be mitigated with more torque to the rears and hefty rear brake balance (0/10).

And about the MR-S, sure we can include it, but here's the thing: who's actually going to want to use that car?
I am tempted actually, despite it is such an ugly standard car. It is a slightly crazy car, for fun. But the real problem is the very narrow power band. If it gets a low/mid turbo and is then detuned back to 315bhp it gets a nice flat curve.

I'm liking the FTO, thanks for the testing so far and that awesome side-by-side video Vaga.

No worries... and call me Chris :)

Still testing.... neither lap shown in the video is perfect and I can go at least about 0.5 faster in the IS350. The idea is to show relative performance, which is very close at the chosen spec for the FTO.

Just tried the M3 GTR and RX-8 Concept LM for a session at various power levels and settled on 333bhp - 71.6% power - 544pp for the GTR and 350bhp - 66.6% - +100kg ballast (=1200kg) - 543pp. Great cars and good comparable performance at that level I think. Try them out, don't just take my word for it... not that I thought anyone would. Same for the FTO.

Eddie - Consider the 08 Subaru the "GT-R" of the GT300's, except that it has the worst tire wear.

Hah, no need to go crazy thar ;) My argument is that since we're already mixing in GT300 cars from '08 all the way to the '90s. It's not any more of a stretch to include other race cars that fall in the same performance and engine range. But we also don't need more than 10 cars. We're just looking to mix it up a bit with a couple ideal new comer cars.

Unfortunately for cars like the C6.R we don't have the ability to homologate things like displacement or power curves to what's neccesaary to bring them down to the level of the GT300s. Simply limiting/air restricting the engines is definitely not enough, so the Vette wouldn't do well at all, too monstrous.

The NSX, don't see a need as we've already found GT500 cars like the Woodone and Eneos to fit in much more nicely.

Oh and also, no RM's. The TC was only tried out 'cause it's pretty much just a GT-R GT3.

Last edited:
The NSX RM is actually significantly slower through corners, and falls behind quickly even with a large straight-line advantage.

The best new car ideas will all revolve around these, imo, of course:
Eneos SC430
Woodone GTR
Bandai SC430
YMS Supra
FTO TC
DTM M3 GTR
DTM Opel TC

That's 7 on top of what we already have, all of which can work, I don't think we need to be adding more cars than we already have tbh.

yeah, so bad tire wear Subie '08, out?

I say we even out those cars the best we can then just let people start choosing. Sort's itself out.

yeah, so bad tire wear Subie '08, out?

I say we even out those cars the best we can then just let people start choosing. Sort's itself out.

I think the 08 Subaru is perfectly on par with the rest of the WSGTC 3 field, minus what I've already said, which is that I think the 3 MR cars need a slight gain.

I agree people choosing would help sort these things, and I'm perfectly fine to take the 08 Subaru as it stands. For better or worse, she's gorgeous. :)

Oh yes please. I'm a Ferrari driver, so I'd very much appreciate a 430. We just need to send a message to PD and get them to work, then? :dopey:

Exactly, they respond quick like, "Hey, here's a few cars for you guys." Next thing ya know there's dlc with the Prius, BRZ, 430, & CRZ gt300s.

Hah, no need to go crazy thar ;) My argument is that since we're already mixing in GT300 cars from '08 all the way to the '90s. It's not any more of a stretch to include other race cars that fall in the same performance and engine range. But we also don't need more than 10 cars. We're just looking to mix it up a bit with a couple ideal new comer cars.

Unfortunately for cars like the C6.R we don't have the ability to homologate things like displacement or power curves to what's neccesaary to bring them down to the level of the GT300s. Simply limiting/air restricting the engines is definitely not enough, so the Vette wouldn't do well at all, too monstrous.

The NSX, don't see a need as we've already found GT500 cars like the Woodone and Eneos to fit in much more nicely.

Oh and also, no RM's. The TC was only tried out 'cause it's pretty much just a GT-R GT3.

Ha, I'm not going crazy but I'm just chipping in. Ya know, the more I keep coming into this thread, the more I want to run with you guys. How many divisions we lookin' at? 2, 3? That driver list is mighty large (No, I didn't count)...

Last edited:
There are several of the GT300.s I've been interested in. Very exciting

Could we get a sheet or even a post going for specs. Proposed specs. Have to where times can be linked to them per person then you will have a bunch of solid data to judge from. Surely one of you see where this is going and can elaborate better then me. I need to look on the Gate to see what I'm missing. Maybe there.

Yeah Owens, it's in the forum btw, link to the testing spreadsheet. We won't be posting the link here because the sheet's open to editing from every one since ee trust you all.

If anyone hasn't gotten the link (should have gotten it in that last mass PM I sent out announcing the opening of this thread) just go ahead and let me know and I'll PM it right away.

Exactly, they respond quick like, "Hey, here's a few cars for you guys." Next thing ya know there's dlc with the Prius, BRZ, 430, & CRZ gt300s.

Ha, I'm not going crazy but I'm just chipping in. Ya know, the more I keep coming into this thread, the more I want to run with you guys. How many divisions we lookin' at? 2, 3? That driver list is mighty large (No, I didn't count)...

hah, thanks Justin, hope you can.

But I'd just like to mention here, while the thread's still young, that the idea of this series was all manifested from the brain of the extremely respectful organizer and all around great role model PURE Core member Dave, Twistedfirework.

This series is his baby, I'm just the greasy talent agent that he hired to raise a star :).

But I also have to mention that this series is really a special time and place in that it's the sort of project, very much so similar to JGTS, that because of the drivers and character here, pretty well runs itself. So any input, request, opinion, suggestion, is taken just as seriously from anyone here as it would be coming from a boss. This is all your series as much as it is ours.

That's why you were all picked.

Thanks 👍

Np plc. Just read over the regulations linked in the op, click on the link or the logo. All the info's on there.

But pretty much, anyone can pick any car. Only limitation is that only the top two scorers from each car actually make points for the team. So it's all up to the drivers and which car/team they feel they can ontribute best to.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I played around with the Celica and the '08 Garaiya today at Monza. I really liked both of them and had a pb of 55.9 in both of them. Gonna be tough choosing between them.

I don't have much experience with GT300 cars.

I did a few laps with the Celica and the RX7 with stock tune at Sukuka, based on what John and cicua said about them being decent overall cars and i liked both.
So i'll probably go with one of the these two, considering the specs don't change too much.

So are we 100% canceling out the possibility of the R8? Running a few laps with it now and it runs so nice. Can we not down tune it a little more?

Another lap comparison. Lexus Wedssport IS350 @ 355bhp 549pp vs BMW M3 GTR Race Car @ 333bhp 544pp - Deep Forest Reverse - R1 tyres

Hey, instead of the C-west Silvia, why don't we use the Silvia RM? I know Wardez said no RMs but, it's a nice car and could be a great replacement.

Back