PURE | Lexus IS-F RM Championship - Pre-Season Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 66 comments
  • 3,763 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeRedR51

Premium
Messages
56,009
United States
United States
Official Thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=254238

ISF_RM_logo1.png

You can see the original IS-F RM series thread here.

Edit May 24th: Updated info below. This series WILL launch in a couple weeks. I will post a new thread when the time comes.

For this to be successful and actually become a series, I would require at least 12 people to sign up. There will only be ONE division, possibly run at 8pm EST on Sunday nights. Weekly open qualifying like FMSC. Races will be split into a 20 minute race, and a 15 minute race each night.

We will be racing with ABS TURNED OFF!

There's a good chance that I will no longer be racing online soon so I'd like to make this available to those interested before that happens.

Car Specs:
Power: 445hp (Power Limiter @ 88.7%)
Weight: 1185kg (Stock)
573PP
Tires TBD

Event Info preview: CLICK
Event Results preview: CLICK
Points Standings preview: CLICK

FujiSpeedwayF_3.jpg
 
Last edited:
YES!

And I don't have to work tonight!

:)
 
I'm hoping that time slot works for everyone. Fits nicely in right before the FMSC D2 race.
 
R1600Turbo
I'm hoping that time slot works for everyone. Fits nicely in right before the FMSC D2 race.

Yeah, that works. Similar to the old time slot, no?
 
Actually, yeah pretty close. Didn't realize that. :D
 
sounds really interesting :D go on go on!!! :drool:
 
sounds really interesting :D go on go on!!! :drool:

They're fun, but when we first raced them they were an under-steering mess. Now with the new physics, I need to do some testing. We may alleviate some of the under-steer by going with Racing Mediums. Will find out tonight.
 
great 👍
 
Personally, I say stick with Hards. We know far more about how to tune these things now than what we did a year ago, we can kill off a bunch of the understeer and keep them stable with the Hards, unlike the RX-7.

I guess we'll see, though.
 
We'll start out on Hards and if people think they need more grip we can explore other options.
 
Closed.
 
Last edited:
Bleh. Missed it. Did anyone show up?
 
Nope. :lol:

'Tis why I don't start up other series than the Miatas any more.
 
It'd probably be better to host it on the weekend, like Friday, I'm sure people, including myself, would be able to show.

Definitely interested though 👍
 
Yeah, of course. It's a race car, so there's bound to be at least a room full interested once you get a thread up for it.
 
I'm in, you know that. Throw up a room this weekend or later in the evening and I'll be there.
 
Hi,
I am interested in racing this and other series posted but am a complete newb to the online gt5 racing community. Would any of you be willing to mentor my entry into this world.

I've run a few races with a couple of friends online but expect this type of online racing to be quite a bit different.

PSN is dragonwhisky.
 
PM sent Dragon but feel free to ask any questions or concerns you have here. Welcome!
 
PM sent back. Pretty much the how, when, where, who of it all.

I am rebuilding my entertainment center so am unable to get online with ps3. I expect to be up and running NLT Saturday am, unless some other catastrophe occurs, ie washer failing, freezer getting turned off accidentally and defrosting all over closet floor, etc. It's been a fun week over here. Hope to cap it off with some gt5 learning sessions this weekend.

Thank you for offering to help a newb out.
 
Entertainment center rebuilt. Back online.

Any info on when this series will start and what schedule will likely be?
 
Pre-season will begin in about two weeks. Right now we're leaning toward 1pm EST Sundays with the regular season not beginning for at least three weeks for a season of about 6 races at the most.

Edit:
Crap, sorry, I completely got this confused with another upcoming PURE series. The Integra World Championship here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=243940

As far as this series goes, it's up in the air. If more interest comes around then RT may think about running it again. But it's all down to who comes around and shows interest.
 
Last edited:
I'm interested. Is there space left?
 
I'd be interested if there are openings
 
Unfortunately at the moment this is taking a back seat until my personal schedule works its way out in the next couple weeks. I might be moving soon (maybe to another state) and I don't know what my internet connection will be like.
 
I know I'm a back marker, but please consider me for any future series you run. It's exciting, fun, and I think it's making me quicker overall. I actually have noticed my times improving on the other cars I normally drive.
 
Wardez
Pre-season will begin in about two weeks. Right now we're leaning toward 1pm EST Sundays with the regular season not beginning for at least three weeks for a season of about 6 races at the most.

Edit:
Crap, sorry, I completely got this confused with another upcoming PURE series. The Integra World Championship here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=243940

As far as this series goes, it's up in the air. If more interest comes around then RT may think about running it again. But it's all down to who comes around and shows interest.

I am interested in the integra series as well. Will head over to that thread and post up entries as soon as I get my car painted and modded according to the rules for season two. Haven't found the official thread for the series yet.
 
The interest thread is the official thread. It's for discussing the pre-season, once the season starts, he'll move everything and open up the official season thread.
 
Wardez
The interest thread is the official thread. It's for discussing the pre-season, once the season starts, he'll move everything and open up the official season thread.

Understood. Thanks.
 
OP Updated. More info coming soon.
 
oh hi :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back