• Poll closed .
I have to goals for this series now:
1) Get a podium
2) Catch back up to you in points :mischievous:

Standings are accurate now

1) done and done again
2) you are very much up my butt now

what's next? :sly:

I missed the races. Room bugs pushed the start of NASCAR out over an hour. The race also was cut short from a mass dc. By this time I needed to get going so I could help my lady friend finish moving.

Really sad I missed the Jaguar.

now you actually did miss it. :P

And nothing is concrete in the championship race so we have a final that actually matters, yay!

~20 point gaps on the podium and then we're pretty much ontop of each other with 20 points covering 4-7 👍

Last edited:

||2012.10.20|| 10.00 Pacific | 13.00 Eastern | 17.00 UTC
week6.jpg

-- "The Spanish bulls of Italy are restless."

Bull Fights
Part One
  • |Track| Monza (no-chicane)
  • |Laps| 9
  • |Car| 2009 Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce
  • |Tire| Sports Medium (S2)
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| ON

Part Two
  • |Track| Madrid City
  • |Laps| 9
  • |Car| 2008 Gallardo LP 560-4
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| ON

Part Three
  • |Track| Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • |Laps| TBD
  • |Car| 2011 Aventador LP 700-4
  • |Tire| Sports Soft (S3)
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| ON
Do we have a lap count for the final race yet?

Good racing all.
In the 512 race I got lucky. After hitting almost every crash in the series it felt good to get around one for once. Aderrm, Tony and outlaw are even more ballistic than normal. All I can say.
Race 2 was fun, I had a better than expected qualifying. Not sure what happened to some of the racers. They seemed to disappear before qualifying. I would like to apologies to outlaw for the contact in the opening laps. I was pushing my skill level (and still over a second a lap slower than 3rd).
Race 3 was perfect, the only way I was going to win was to start 2nd to Tony. I'm normally able to keep up at the ring but with 2 fast car between myself and him I figured I was racing for 2nd. Not sure how it happened but a small crash gave me the lead. Tony quickly catch me again after I nearly jumped a curb into the grass.
After that we both made mistakes but I was "just" keeping in the draft. after a draft to pass I locked up the brakes trying to make sure he didn't out brake me coming to the line. My first win and podium all on my favorite line up :D

Yet again, Tim and I are coming into the last weekend with only a few points separating us. This should be fun :cool: Now if only I wasn't really bad in every lambo in the line up next week :guilty: They just don't fit my braking style.

1) done and done again
2) you are very much up my butt now

what's next? :sly:

Triple? :lol:

I'll know that tomorrow. It will be in the ballpark of 28-34 min in length. Just need to get a better feel for the new tires @ spa before I rubber stamp it.

Good racing all.
In the 512 race I got lucky. After hitting almost every crash in the series it felt good to get around one for once. Aderrm, Tony and outlaw are even more ballistic than normal. All I can say.
I think some of what happened last time at HSR/HSR Reverse carried over to Rome, and I should've erred on the side of caution. Doesn't matter now. I'm over it now. 👍

It's going to be 14 laps.
Should be interesting because lap 12-13 is when you feel like your tires won't make it; but they will. So this one will have potential for pit stop action. Pretty much a coin toss as to what's faster. 14 straight or 7+7. Car is really easy going on burned up rears for a 2-ton 700hp monster.

btw. I'm going to do shakedown tomorrow ~7PM Eastern as usual.

here's my early pace:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monza (no chicane) | Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09 | S2 | 1:43.302
Madrid | Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 | S2 | 1:27.457
Spa | Aventador LP 700-4 '11 | S3 | 2:26.819

I'll just update mine here. :)

Monza (no chicane) | Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09 | S2 | 1:42.876
Madrid | Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 | S2 | 1:26.975
Spa | Aventador LP 700-4 '11 | S3 | TBD

Last edited:
shakedown.png

Closed

shakedown6.jpg

-----------------------------
Monza | LP670-4
  1. carracerptp | 1'42.465
  2. Dr_Watson | 1'42.681

Madrid | LP560-4
  1. carracerptp | 1'26.788
  2. Dr_Watson | 1'27.395

Spa | LP700-4
  1. carracerptp | 2'23.604
  2. Dr_Watson | 2'26.060

Last edited:
Well, the LP670-4 handles like a pig. Brakes like a truck.
The Madrid combos nice, I left .3 in my lap so I'm hoping to down to 26.5s
Spa and the Batmobile is perfect, the best 4wd in the game for sure. A little understeery under braking but after that it's perfect. Left a bunch of time on track. Sadly I was eating tires.

top_banner.png

||2012.10.20|| 10.00 Pacific | 13.00 Eastern | 17.00 UTC
week6.jpg

-- "The Spanish bulls of Italy are restless."

Bull Fights
Part One
  • |Track| Monza (no-chicane)
  • |Laps| 9
  • |Car| 2009 Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| ON

Part Two
  • |Track| Madrid City
  • |Laps| 9
  • |Car| 2008 Gallardo LP 560-4
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| ON

Part Three
  • |Track| Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • |Laps| 14
  • |Car| 2011 Aventador LP 700-4
  • |Tire| Sports Soft (S3)
  • |ABS| ON
  • |TC| ON

raceday.png

| Race Room || closed

shakedown6.jpg

Last edited:
well.. that sucked... lobby server blew up.

new room
1472-6118-3658-4761-0200

great season everyone!

Last edited:
Race 1 I had an near perfect Q lap and a near disastrous finish.
Race 2 had a near disastrous qualifying, but a near "as good as I can hope" finish.
Race 3 was just epic 👍 I really can't figure out why I was so much faster than normal in that car. A first, a second, and 2 thirds in this series in much better than I was hoping for.

Great series Tim, finally a PURE series that I felt was more relaxed. I really liked the weekly "shakedown" and how the last race was set by overall pace.

Race 1 - Closest shot I had for a win. Made no mistakes, capitalized on others, and I still couldn't do it. It was a good effort given the short practice.

Race 2 - Lag probably caused the funkiness that was the first few laps. My car drove terrible and I had smoke all around me. Pulled off 2nd despite the rear biased brakes trying to send me into a wall every time I touched them.

Race 3 - Guess I'm the only one that thinks the Aventador needs to sleep with the fishes. Uncomfortable to drive, I chose a no-stop strategy, and worst of all, I was getting really drowsy. Even with that, I was in 3rd... until the ridiculously lazy spin exiting Pouhon. I should've pitted after that.

Tim, great series! I needed that to shake off the rust. 👍

Race 1 - Closest shot I had for a win. Made no mistakes, capitalized on others, and I still couldn't do it. It was a good effort given the short practice.

Race 2 - Lag probably caused the funkiness that was the first few laps. My car drove terrible and I had smoke all around me. Pulled off 2nd despite the rear biased brakes trying to send me into a wall every time I touched them.

Race 3 - Guess I'm the only one that thinks the Aventador needs to sleep with the fishes. Uncomfortable to drive, I chose a no-stop strategy, and worst of all, I was getting really drowsy. Even with that, I was in 3rd... until the ridiculously lazy spin exiting Pouhon. I should've pitted after that.

Tim, great series! I needed that to shake off the rust. 👍

Race 2 was the oddest laps I've ran at Madrid. I couldn't get into the 26s at all after running nothing slower than 26.9s in practice after I figured out T3. I was just trying to follow you to the front.

Good series, good races, good cars/tracks, good drivers.
I enjoyed every race I made it to.:cheers:

Great job as usual Tony.👍

overlap with JGTS cut into my admin time so I still have to catch up on no-budget theater and finalize the results with fast-laps etc... but I got the points up to date so we can all congratulate Tony as our champion.

outlaw tip-toed past a hungover Adam to land on the second step with carracer putting together a strong two week finish to push me down to 5th.

Great Racing everyone 👍

Just wanted to stop by and give my thanks to Tim for putting in all of the time and effort to run and organize, what ended up being a great series :cheers:

And congrats to Tony on taking home the spec Championship! 👍

It was a pretty dreaded performance for me on the whole (between stupid decisions, bad luck, poor performances, etc.), but at least I still had my fair share of great battles, even if I couldn't put just 1 solid race together for the win. Unfortunately, there continually seemed be one trip up after another for me, whether it be my own fault or bad luck hitting me at the worst of times. The good thing is, of course in losing (especially this massively) you tend to learn a lot, which I think will be quite useful for me in the future. I've learned that I need to do a better job in the future when preparing and reading the regulations thoroughly (especially in this series where one race could very well impact another race), and the dire need to improve my braking performance, by either fixing or becoming more aware of the rather big deadzone my brake pedal has torward the end of it's travel. This issue often makes me overbrake particularly in the middle of the braking phase, which puts excessive stress on the tires and basically avalanches my performance at times. I've also learned that sometimes my competitiveness will get the better of me when things don't go well, and that there's really nothing good to come from being negative and angry about a situation in a game lol.

Anyway, GT5 has been awfully stale for me lately so I'm not sure how much I'll be playing in the near future (I've said this plenty of times though :lol:)... unless I either get bored or PD legitmately happens to spice the game up (which they seem uncapable of doing though). If PURE does decide to run another spec series I might happen to be up for it again, although I personally would prefer to see a different format, or maybe different formats from round to round to make things that much more interesting.

TTYL :cheers:

Last edited:
Just wanted to stop by and give my thanks to Tim for putting in all of the time and effort to run and organize, what ended up being a great series :cheers:

And congrats to Tony on taking home the spec Championship! 👍

It was a pretty dreaded performance for me on the whole (between stupid decisions, bad luck, poor performances, etc.), but at least I still had my fair share of great battles, even if I couldn't put just 1 solid race together for the win. Unfortunately, there continually seemed be one trip up after another for me, whether it be my own fault or bad luck hitting me at the worst of times. The good thing is, of course in losing (especially this massively) you tend to learn a lot, which I think will be quite useful for me in the future. I've learned that I need to do a better job in the future when preparing and reading the regulations thoroughly (especially in this series where one race could very well impact another race), and the dire need to improve my braking performance, by either fixing or becoming more aware of the rather big deadzone my brake pedal has torward the end of it's travel. This issue often makes me overbrake particularly in the middle of the braking phase, which puts excessive stress on the tires and basically avalanches my performance at times. I've also learned that sometimes my competitiveness will get the better of me when things don't go well, and that there's really nothing good to come from being negative and angry about a situation in a game lol.

Anyway, GT5 has been awfully stale for me lately so I'm not sure how much I'll be playing in the near future (I've said this plenty of times though :lol:)... unless I either get bored or PD legitmately happens to spice the game up (which they seem uncapable of doing though). If PURE does decide to run another spec series I might happen to be up for it again, although I personally would prefer to see a different format, or maybe different formats from round to round to make things that much more interesting.

TTYL :cheers:
Yeah, it seems like you take these things maybe too hard. We all have a race pace and a learning curve, if you don't have time or don't get practice you just have to expect less, that's all.
When I don't have much practice, I run the best races when I don't set a goal, there is no speed I "should" run, because I'm not practiced.

There's going to be a spec supercar series starting in January. Tuning prohibited, SH tires, cars are fantastic to drive, and they're supercars, etc. :)

was good fun having you on board TA 👍

----
Update:

Standings have been finalized.

1. SuperSic
2. outlaw4rc
3. Aderrrm

On the podium.
(I almost had the fast lap at madrid :/ )

I recorded all the video for no-budget theater... just need to cut it up. The Lambos look awesome. :D

was good fun having you on board TA 👍

----
Update:

Standings have been finalized.

1. SuperSic
2. outlaw4rc
3. Aderrrm

On the podium.
(I almost had the fast lap at madrid :/ )

I recorded all the video for no-budget theater... just need to cut it up. The Lambos look awesome. :D
I'm in the middle of an alien sandwich. :P

Back