Q&A with Slightly Mad Studios: Ian Bell [Read OP]

• Thread starter Kitten
  • 3,687 comments
@IanBell regarding short distance races and the weather changes - is there any more detailed weather forecasts before the race or even the option to ask the engineer about the weather during the race?

Those moments when you have to change tyres on the fly are some of the most important moments of a race hehe.

@IanBell on pCARS 1 for PS4 the Fanatec clubsport wheelbase v2 worked once you entered the game, will this be the same for pCARS 2 on the PS4?

99,9% sure it won't work. Kunos had to remove the support for v2 on assetto corsa on the day 1 patch. Same thing with newer codemasters games etc. Only Fanatec that will be working on ps4 is the officially licensed CSL elite.

What's the maximum number of cars allowed on track (grid size) on a track-by-track basis (assuming PC), and what's the absolute maximum number of cars for consoles (PS4/Xbox One)? (Since over 60 tracks is a lot, it could take a while to sort things out.)

What's the maximum number of cars allowed on track (grid size) on a track-by-track basis (assuming PC), and what's the absolute maximum number of cars for consoles (PS4/Xbox One)? (Since over 60 tracks is a lot, it could take a while to sort things out.)

Offline: 32 on all platforms (if the track has enough pit boxes)
Online: 32 on PC, 16 on consoles

@IanBell

Is it true that the PC Version of Project Cars 2 will include Anti-Tamper DRM DENUVO ?

If yes, can you say with confidence that you will/might remove it after a certain timeframe after release (like the devs of DOOM Remake did for example)?

With all this motorsport and a livery editor. I can't think of where they can improve bar SCs and more cars/tracks.
Fine tune what's there, add Livery editor, add more content. I personally think the main core is now there. The rest is just evolution and refinement, as well as adding new content in the forms of cars/tracks/licenses

I already knew he is the best CEO from his first and second posts.
The greenery turns all shades linked to the season you're racing in. So (for deciduous type trees) they'll go through the full range from bright green, to Autumn brown(ish) to snow covered in Winter. The grass and shrubs also follow the pattern.

They don't as yet but that's a cool idea.

Back