Q&A with Slightly Mad Studios: Ian Bell [Read OP]

• Thread starter Kitten
  • 3,687 comments
I think I remember reading a little while back that career weather is all pre-written. This is true right? I won't mind that much as long as the percentage of wet weather races is limited. I get they wanted to show that off and career mode would allow them to curate it exactly how they want us to see it, but too much may deter people from finishing career paths because they have to get through a race they don't want to.

No Denuvo confirmed! I've seen some people ask about whether its in or not.

EDIT: Stream's over. That was the best start of the work day for me! Sitting here smiling. Thanks for honesty, Ian!

EDIT2: Forgot to mention. Online driver swaps coming in patch 1.04.

Last edited:
Offline: 32 on all platforms (if the track has enough pit boxes)
Online: 32 on PC, 16 on consoles

Wait, so the car count is decreased on consoles from PC1?

It's decreased on all platforms.
It's a compromise to be able to give the AI a better tyre model.

Looks like I'm going to miss those full 56-car Le Mans grids, but maybe pCARS 3 will make a return to it (or bump it up to 60).

56 is already too demanding, hopefully it will take the strain a bit off. But I still have a Core i7-860, so I'm not sure how things will happen...

Could influence how this will play out in my computer upgrade plans as well. But I'll take that compromise giving up large grids for better AI tire model...

Is the real weather option included on consoles too this time or still pc only?

It was not available on consoles on pCARS1 because of host network (PSN/Xbox Live) restrictions. I would expect that will still be the case.

It was not available on consoles on pCARS1 because of host network (PSN/Xbox Live) restrictions. I would expect that will still be the case.
Yeah, thats what I think too but would be great to see it this time. After all I don't think it would be technically impossible to include on consoles too. Could work kind of like live update works on PES series when game connects to servers to download current squad data..

giphy.gif

So which one are we getting..?

I haven't done anything else all day. Good thing I've got nothing else to do. ;)

I had to pause work for a little while. That was an awesome live chat, I wish I was there from the beginning! I didn't hear the comment on the "forza killer" that is gonna be exciting!

Sorry, going back to the grid limit (earlier it was said to be 32, even offline, even on PC) - but will there be a patch someday that will re-enable large (more than 32) grid sizes for PC (assuming we have the powerful hardware to do this)?

Sorry, going back to the grid limit (earlier it was said to be 32, even offline, even on PC) - but will there be a patch someday that will re-enable large (more than 32) grid sizes for PC (assuming we have the powerful hardware to do this)?
That type of thing wouldn't really be changed in a patch.

A question for any current WMD member. I know the in-game timing board has many new modes. Does it have one where it shows the times around my own when I'm doing a Time Trial event (like for example the 5 laptimes around my best) or perhaps one where it shows my current position in such an event, so that when I improve my best time I don't have to leave the event to see my new standing in it?

Anyone knows if in online lobby racing there'll be an on-screen leaderboard of the racers and their positions as the race unfolds? Currently the only indication I see in Pcars 1 during the race is who is just above and below me. It would be cool if you see see all the racers listed so you can gauge the progress and interchanges during the race.

Latest Posts

Back