Queen Of Pop?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • 18 comments
  • 695 views

Queen Of Pop

  • Madonna

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Kylie

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • J Lo

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Britney

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christina Aguilera

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Geri Halliwell

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ashanti

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Javine

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Aretha Franklin

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shirley Bassey

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tina Turner

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whitney Houston

    Votes: 1 7.7%

  • Total voters
    13

Danny

Code Red
Premium
Messages
24,137
United Kingdom
Scarfolk
Messages
Grim10
Messages
Are you kidding?
Who do you think is the ultimate queen of pop?

I think Madonna ,because of her great career, and she's been around alot longer than others.
 
Gwen Stefani? Pink? Mandy Moore? ... I think you're missing quite a few (:

But this is a no brainer. Madonna owns the realm of female pop music. She has for ... a quarter of a century?
 
I bet she's "been around" a lot more than others as well. :trouble:
Meh I'll say Javine because a) she's absolute Crap. and b) she's been around hardly any time at all.
 
Loudmusic, please add whoever I have missed out, I am very forgetful...
 
I'm not a moderator - I can't do that (: And besides, it's not that big of a deal.

Fun fun ...
 
:irked: You know me. As fun as gouging your eyes out with a biro:irked:
 
Out of these I pick Kylie. Madonna is soooo boring.
 
Originally posted by LoudMusic
What's a biro?
I thought it was some type of VD. . . I could be wrong though.

My vote would have to go to Gwen Stefani. :p :O and make her :D
 
Aretha. Not the hottest little thing but she can sing circles around all of them.
 
I wouldn't classify some of those as pop artists.
 
I suppose it's MADDonna, but her current music stinks.

Kylie gets annoying quickly.

I don't want to listen to J LO



Britney isn't a singer

Christina has talent, though I don't know that I'd want to listen to all her songs.

I don't know the ex Spice Girls music.

I don't like Ashanti's music

Who's Javine?

Aretha's ok, but I'm not into her stuff.

Who's Bassey?

Creedence owns Tina.

Whtney is a good singer, if not on the dull side.
 
Who cares!?


But out of them all, Whitney Houston can sing like no other.

A couple of years ago, she was the only singer that was able to sing from middle C to low E.

Apparently Christian Aguilera did it as well.
 
lol, a biro is a ballpoint pen

Also known as Microsoft word for Blondes.
 
Madonna is without a doubt the queen of pop! followed by Whitney.
 
Madonna was the queen on pop IMO. Then she got old. Britany is a 'ho, like Christina, so I reckon Kylie is the current queen. But for how long is the question.
 
I think it's shifting at the moment. 5 years ago, it was undoubtedly Madonna. However, her last couple of albums have been very samey, and yet lacking a cohesiveness to the songs. I think Ray of Light was her last decent album, and that was a bit dodgy too. For me, she'll never again get anywhere near the creative genius she had around the True Blue/Like a Virgin era. To that end, I feel she is ceding her "Queen of Pop" crown to...

Kylie. Let's get it out of the way now: :drool: Mmmm, Kylie. Kylie is, I believe, the only female artist to have had No1 hits in the UK in three consecutive decades. Her tight-permed sugar-pop days appealed to the 8-year-olds who thought that Neighbours was the height of dramatic acting. Her and her record company (Stock, Aitken and Waterman) gradually fell out, and in the early 1990s she signed to Euro (Dutch?) label DeConstruction. Here she did (in my view) her best work, with tracks like Confide in Me carrying some serious lyrics and tunes, all of which were a far cry from the SAW days. Sadly, the rest of the world disagreed, and few bought her albums (although Confide in Me was a huge single). Another switch of record company took her to where she is now. She's singing songs written by others for her (Cathy Dennis: is she a hit factory or what?!), and it's all working out really well. Live, she's excellent, even parodying her early work and the 1980s in general. Anyone who hears a trance version of The Locomotion, including a break where she sings "Chuff, Chuff Baby" to the tune of "Ice Ice Baby", knows that here is a woman who knows exactly what she's doing.

Oh yeah, Kylie is it, no question.

Of the others, hmm. I don't think that Aretha, Gwen Stefani, Whitney, Pink or Shirley Bassey would thank you for calling them "Pop". Javine is rubbish, but somehow better than Geri. And Christina & Britney are just media whores.
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
I think it's shifting at the moment. 5 years ago, it was undoubtedly Madonna. However, her last couple of albums have been very samey, and yet lacking a cohesiveness to the songs. I think Ray of Light was her last decent album, and that was a bit dodgy too. For me, she'll never again get anywhere near the creative genius she had around the True Blue/Like a Virgin era. To that end, I feel she is ceding her "Queen of Pop" crown to...

Kylie. Let's get it out of the way now: :drool: Mmmm, Kylie. Kylie is, I believe, the only female artist to have had No1 hits in the UK in three consecutive decades. Her tight-permed sugar-pop days appealed to the 8-year-olds who thought that Neighbours was the height of dramatic acting. Her and her record company (Stock, Aitken and Waterman) gradually fell out, and in the early 1990s she signed to Euro (Dutch?) label DeConstruction. Here she did (in my view) her best work, with tracks like Confide in Me carrying some serious lyrics and tunes, all of which were a far cry from the SAW days. Sadly, the rest of the world disagreed, and few bought her albums (although Confide in Me was a huge single). Another switch of record company took her to where she is now. She's singing songs written by others for her (Cathy Dennis: is she a hit factory or what?!), and it's all working out really well. Live, she's excellent, even parodying her early work and the 1980s in general. Anyone who hears a trance version of The Locomotion, including a break where she sings "Chuff, Chuff Baby" to the tune of "Ice Ice Baby", knows that here is a woman who knows exactly what she's doing.

Oh yeah, Kylie is it, no question.

Of the others, hmm. I don't think that Aretha, Gwen Stefani, Whitney, Pink or Shirley Bassey would thank you for calling them "Pop". Javine is rubbish, but somehow better than Geri. And Christina & Britney are just media whores.


Give the man a beer! :cheers:
 
Back