Question before purchase this game????

wildchild_pr
Hi people:

I'm curious about this new good looking game forza3, looks huge.

In the past I stay away from the XBOX 360 for the ovbious reason of quality problems, RROD, ect.

If finnaly I want to maybe try and take a chance to purchase the console with HD; Wich of the models is the ideal??? The quality problems has being solved??? If so how to identify and select the correct one???

Right now there is a excelent driving wheel for this console??? Like the GT force pro for GT5. Can I use the same wheel for the XBOX 360 and the PS3 for GT5 when is out in march?

The HD in 360 can reach 1080p resolution?

Thanks for your time and excuse my english!

Hi people:

In the past I stay away from the XBOX 360 for the ovbious reason of quality problems, RROD, ect.

If finnaly I want to maybe try and take a chance to purchase the console with HD; Wich of the models is the ideal??? The quality problems has being solved??? If so how to identify and select the correct one???

Right now there is a excelent driving wheel for this console??? Like the GT force pro for GT5. Can I use the same wheel for the XBOX 360 and the PS3 for GT5 when is out in march?

The 360 is pretty much hazard free now, so you have nothing to worry about with that. You could go with the arcade and pick up the older 20GB hard drive, if they're still in existence. If not, you'd might as well pick up the 120GB Elite seeing as you'll spend the additional $99 if you buy the 120-gig hard drive separately anyway.

I'm pretty sure all of the 360's come with an HDMI port, so yes, 1080p.

Can't really help with the wheel choice, I'm up to my neck in steering wheels as is so I don't really keep up with newer ones anymore. :lol:

Before you make your decision read this post from another forum:

"We are all aware of the whole LOD ingame car model switch fiasco and we all know that the sound does not change when upgrading exhaust. Blatant lies and falsities.

But wait there's more, a lot more:

All these great cars that were in FM2 and are missing from FM3?
Audi 2004 #88 Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx R8
Dodge 2001 #58 Larbre Competition Viper GTS-R
Dodge 2005 #77 Team Zakspeed Viper ACR
Dodge 2006 Challenger Concept
Hennessey 2000 Viper 800TT
FocusSport 2003 FocusSport SVT Focus
Lotus 2003 Elise 135R
Lotus 2005 Exige
Lotus 2005 Exige Espionage
RE-Amemiya 1995 RX-7
Mine's 1995 CP9A Lancer Evolution VI RS
Mitsubishi 2000 Lancer Evolution VI TME
Mitsubishi 2004 Lancer Evolution VIII GSR RS
Sparco 2003 Lancer Evo VIII
Datsun 1969 Fairlady Z432 R
Nissan 2002 Skyline GT-R V Spec II Nur (R34)
Nissan 2007 350Z Gand Touring Coupe
Tommy Kaira 2002 Skyline GT-R R34
Porsche 2002 #57 Larbre McDonalds 996 GT3 Cup
Porsche 2003 #22 3R-Racing 911 GT3 Cup
Porsche 2004 #23 Alex Job Racing 911 GT3-RSR
Porsche 2005 #44 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
Porsche 2006 #81 Synergy Racing 911 GT3 Cup
SEAT 2005 Cupra GT Prototype
Tommy Kaira 1998 Impreza M20b 2002
TVR 2001 Tuscan R

Where are the Forza rear diffuser upgrades? Not the strange looking exhaust tip coming through the bumper, but the actual diffuser? And while on the exhaust tip subject, how difficult would it have been to model 3 generic exhaust tips in the place of the old one to represent street, sport and race? I expected this upgrade to be improved, not just omitted completely!

Why when hiring a driver now we can only watch from the race from the standard views when we use to be able to watch the race with replay views? Makes hiring a driver the most boring experience ever now!

How about all the PI anomalies and glitches?

A lot of cockpit displays are blanked out. Some cockpits don't have moving gauges, important gauges like speedometer and revcounter. A simple texture with a static display would have been better than blanking it out completely. Once again T10 being lazy.

And what was that crap about being able to see changes to the cockpit view when weight saving upgrades are made? Complete bullcrap! It's exactly the same as before, even down to still being able to see the rear bench on cars with race weight saving upgrades, as well as in car entertainment!

Where are all different tyre brands? Why not the tyre manufacturer names on the side wall, rather than that stupid texture with a bunch of lines?

There is a tuning glitch when changing cars which inverts the bound and rebound settings.

Why still no pit crew? I understand FM and FM2 were a first effort and a rushed game but this is the third game now. I mean GT4 had this feature back on the PS2!

There still are numerous glitches and modelling errors with many car models and the aero upgrades for them! Now we have new ones like missing lugnuts and just a hole there.

Some of the bushes and trees on some of the tracks are shockingly 2D and low quality. Absolutely awful. This is not a fantastic new 3D engine, this is massively cutting corners. Let's be honest, this is not a 10 times more polygons per car ingame engine! This is not improved draw distance engine!

While the driver can be seen going to change gears in the external view, this does not happen in cockpit view. Again T10 cutting corners.

Not being able to take photos from inside the cockpit or remove the driver is a big letdown and obviously we were mislead to think this would be possible from the screenshots and the trailers.

The tyres in the FM3 full game still seem to be floating off the track in many areas and this is again something we've been promised will not happen. T10 lying again.

There's less smoke in FM3 than in FM2. Fair enough they could not do more, but less?

Issues with painting cars even with the manufacturer colours. Like The Fiat Abarth and The Ford GT.

Sound anomalies and strange popping noises that are almost eerie at times.

How annoying is it that we can't race lower class cars in events? I can't race a D in a C or a 500hp car in a 600hp! So irritating! I don't care whether the announcer tells me I'm not at the right level, I may want to do it anyway!

And the online matchmaking system than does not allow random players to join a private room has pretty much instantly killed the multiplayer playability of FM3 for me!

How about random rewinds to to ruin the momentum of your race. T10 have also added this wonderful bug just for us!

How about the fixed point of view in the cockpit? Pointless having such a nice cockpit we can't even see properly. We have to trick the game to do it. TDU had an adjustable cockpit view and that was one of the first games for the XBOX360!

No back fire sounds or flames!

No Automatic aero parts on cars like the McLaren SLR, Bugatti Veyron, Porsche Carrera GT and many others. GT4 and EPR seemed to manage this on the PS2, but I guess it's too much for the XBOX360!

This game is just a huge mess! I own an Xbox 360 Elite and the LE FM3, but by the time GT5 comes, out if patches don't fix the endless problems of FM3, I will sell both. I already own a PS3 Slim so I'd buy GT5 anyway. But if by Spring 2010 T10 have not made FM3 into a decent title I will give oup on the FM franchise forever! FM was off, but it was their first try. FM2 was rushed. FM3, the same crap, this is the final straw. I would have to be an idiot to buy another XBOX console and another FM game on the experience so far. It's not like the build up to FM4 could be trusted with all the lies T10 spin. T10 have until Spring 2010 to improve that experience. They will have me as a gamer until GT5 is released if by then no improvement I will never put my money on them again."

Be informed, before you buy...

Before you make your decision read this post from another forum:
Now that's what Fox would call "Fair and Balanced". Or you could go and read the multiple reviews that gave the game a 9.3 metacritic score.

Last edited:
Hi people:

No, the hardware problems are not fixed entirely. However, if you buy a new one, don't modify it (!) and register it to your name, you'll basically have unlimited support. This is really true, I dealt two times with XBox support myself.

If you chose to buy a second hand one, you'll probably lose the support. The models can be identified via serial number or power supply. Just look for it in google.

I got the 60 GB model, wouldn't really get anything smaller.

Driving wheel? Fanatec. The only choice you have, because the MS whell is a toy. And quite a terrible one.

The upscaler of the XBOx is quite ok, so you can display the game in 1080p. However the game itself is allowed by Microsoft to be at any resolution, even lower than 720p since a few months.

Don't get hung up on these numbers though, the graphics are pretty decent.

Now that's what Fox would call "Fair and Balanced". Or you could go and read the multiple reviews that gave the game a 9.3 metacritic score.
As compared to the rest of the mainstream media who want to sleep with a certain new messiah? ;)

Okay, the reaction was a bit heated, but all I hear from the Forza fans are how perfect the game is. I think this is what many of us familiar not just with Forza but Microsoft in general were a little nervous about. Have any Metacritic reviews discussed bugs and flaws? I have a feeling this is the Obama reaction to the new Forza.

I'm pretty sure all of the 360's come with an HDMI port, so yes, 1080p.

Remember Xbox 360 is not 1080p, you can turn 1080p but it's upscaled from native 720p. Just because it has an HDMI does not mean its FULL 1080p. So just stick with native 720p, use the Component cables instead of HDMI, it will save you some money. Since FM3 native is 720p, play that game in 720p as well, dont upscale.

But anyways.

Hi people:

Get the game, GT5 comes out in a long time from now, so pick up Xbox360 for 300 bucks with HDD, and FM3 game. Worth the money, Unless you won't play it as much because you are not a fan of Racing games.

And with Xbox 360 you pretty much have 2 or 3 choices with wheels. One is Microsoft crap wheel, stay away from this carp. Another one is another similar crap wheel from Logitech or madcatz, stay away. So the third wheel is teh FANATEC Turbo S wheel. Expensive, bit over G27 price range, but worth it, you have best Wheel on the market for the money with best Force Feed back, Clutch and shifters.. So go with that ; )

Does Forza even support 900 degree wheel or does it just do the first half of the wheel and the rest is deadspace?

Does Forza even support 900 degree wheel or does it just do the first half of the wheel and the rest is deadspace?

Its full 900 Degree with Fanatec Only. I was watching SRT review with the wheel, and you can turn on full 900 on the wheel.

As compared to the rest of the mainstream media who want to sleep with a certain new messiah? ;)

FOX and News in the same name is an oxymoron.

Okay, the reaction was a bit heated, but all I hear from the Forza fans are how perfect the game is.

That is what biased Forza and GT fans do.

Remember Xbox 360 is not 1080p

Actually the Xbox 360 is native 1080p.

Does Forza even support 900 degree wheel

According to Dan G, it does in FM3 yes.

Hi people:

Look, i get a 360 arcade with motherboard Jasper, get a 20gb HDD, and it work realy fine, i never had a problem.

The wheel thing, i had a DFGT and it really sucks cant use with the 360, but i used it with the PS3 and the PC. I dont know the Fanatec wheel but it had good reviews.

And for F3, is really good, he make the work really well, have nice cars and really nice tracks, you must try Fujimi Kaido!
Its very addictive, i am a GT fan, but i highly recommend you, if you can buy it, DO IT!!!!

But nearly no game runs in native 1080p.

That is true. The only ones I know of that are native 1080p on the 360:

Boogie Bunnies
Fifa Street 3
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
NBA Street Homecourt
Pinball FX
Virtua Tennis 3

You can also get native 1080p from the HD-DVD player on the 360. But the point I was making is that the 360 is indeed capable (and does) 1080p native.

That is true. The only ones I know of that are native 1080p on the 360:

Boogie Bunnies
Fifa Street 3
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
NBA Street Homecourt
Pinball FX
Virtua Tennis 3

You can also get native 1080p from the HD-DVD player on the 360. But the point I was making is that the 360 is indeed capable (and does) 1080p native.

OK so it does in very LIMITED numbers. so whats the point of having HDMI cable? Just go with Component and 720p, besides He wants to play FORZA3 that game is 720p. I would stick with that.

Although I agree with ALL points regarding FM3 flaws in past page, the game itself remains a great driving/racing game in any given perspective.

It is not definitive, it is not perfect, it is not half as good as T10 wanted us to believe - but it is a great racing game. Period.

I understand the hate regarding irritating style of developer, but FM3 is a huge step forward over FM2 and it will remain my favorite console racer for next 6 months or so, simply because there is nothing better as an all-around package in existence or in horizon.

Simple as pie.

OK so it does in very LIMITED numbers. so whats the point of having HDMI cable? Just go with Component and 720p, besides He wants to play FORZA3 that game is 720p. I would stick with that.

The point of an HDMI cable is to deliver both audio and video signals simultaneously, 1080p functionality does nothing to that advantage. I could go on and on explaining the point of an HDMI cable, but I'll leave it at that.

Remember Xbox 360 is not 1080p, you can turn 1080p but it's upscaled from native 720p. Just because it has an HDMI does not mean its FULL 1080p. So just stick with native 720p, use the Component cables instead of HDMI, it will save you some money. Since FM3 native is 720p, play that game in 720p as well, dont upscale.

You should experiment with playing 1080p vs 720p. Even though the game plays in 720p, the quality of the image on a 1080p screen will vary depending on the quality of the scaler and post processing in the screen. From what I've heard, the xbox 360 scaler is pretty good, so its worth a bash trying 1080p via the 360, if you dont notice a difference, then swap it down to 720p.

I know for PC monitors (which notoriously have bad scalers) people say 360 games looks better than the PS3 because the PS3 relies on the poor scaler in the monitor, while the 360 actually has a decent scaler and resolution options, so it isn't relying on the monitor to do any work beyond displaying the image.

I don't know I play on a 32 inch TV with FULL HD. I have 2 360s with my brother, and we tested out both HDMI and the cables, seems 1080p and 720p was just tiny bit different, at 720p look bit more crisp, especially for menu and FM2, HALO, and few other games. And for audio, Most games are 5.1 for Xbox, so we just stick with Optical.

I don't know that PS3 is weaker in 1080p, right from main menu screen of PS3, looks way more crisp at 1080p, as well has more full 1080p games, but whenver PS3 game comes with Native 720p, then I just use 720p, Up scaling really weakens the picture. I never really heard up scaling picture to 1080 makes it more clean and prettier. But thas my experience.

My point for the guy, is just to stick with Component cables that come with Xbox360 and stick with those if he just wanna play FM3.

Last edited:

In addition to what was replied after me in regards to carrying the sound over HDMI, HDMI is a better signal than component. Xbox 360 supports 1080p native, and the Xbox 360 comes with an HDMI port.

You can control your accessories that have HDMI by your receiver if you are doing receiver pass through.

If HDMI is there, I see no reason to not use it. Cables are the same price as component. Might as well use the best if the best is available for the same price.

In addition to what was replied after me in regards to carrying the sound over HDMI, HDMI is a better signal than component. Xbox 360 supports 1080p native, and the Xbox 360 comes with an HDMI port.

You can control your accessories that have HDMI by your receiver if you are doing receiver pass through.

If HDMI is there, I see no reason to not use it. Cables are the same price as component. Might as well use the best if the best is available for the same price.

Yeah but new 300$ Xbox360, they drop out HDMI, I think it only comes with Component, so why spending more to play one game? But true for few extra bucks you have 1080p for other games..

Yeah but new 300$ Xbox360, they drop out HDMI, I think it only comes with Component, so why spending more to play one game? But true for few extra bucks you have 1080p for other games..

Component supports 1080p as does HDMI. All Xbox 360's come with an HDMI port. However, ALL Xbox 360's only come with NON HD cables (composite).

It would actually be CHEAPER to get an HDMI cable because the Xbox 360 supports all standard HDMI cables. With component cables, you need to buy the Xbox 360 specific component cables because it uses a "puck" to connect to it to the Xbox 360.

All these great cars that were in FM2 and are missing from FM3?

Random racing cars does NOT equal 'great' at all.

Where are the Forza rear diffuser upgrades? Not the strange looking exhaust tip coming through the bumper, but the actual diffuser? And while on the exhaust tip subject, how difficult would it have been to model 3 generic exhaust tips in the place of the old one to represent street, sport and race? I expected this upgrade to be improved, not just omitted completely!

This is not Need for Speed Underground. The performance exhausts will often look the same as the standard ones, but will affect the car's performance as they would for real.

Why when hiring a driver now we can only watch from the race from the standard views when we use to be able to watch the race with replay views? Makes hiring a driver the most boring experience ever now!

I don't know anyone who hires drivers. It's a game, it's meant to be played, not watched.

How about all the PI anomalies and glitches?

Such as? I've been playing since Wednesday and have had no issues.

A lot of cockpit displays are blanked out. Some cockpits don't have moving gauges, important gauges like speedometer and revcounter. A simple texture with a static display would have been better than blanking it out completely. Once again T10 being lazy.

I've not come across this either, all of mine have had working dials!

And what was that crap about being able to see changes to the cockpit view when weight saving upgrades are made? Complete bullcrap! It's exactly the same as before, even down to still being able to see the rear bench on cars with race weight saving upgrades, as well as in car entertainment!

You can see some of the upgrades, and you can also see when rollcages are added, but if they'd had to model the area underneath the rear bench of every single car the game would never have been released.

Where are all different tyre brands? Why not the tyre manufacturer names on the side wall, rather than that stupid texture with a bunch of lines?

Because when, in all seriousness, are you going to actually give a damn about the writing on a tyre wall?

Sound anomalies and strange popping noises that are almost eerie at times.

I've only ever heard turbo powered cars or powerful engined cars popping, and it's realistic.

How annoying is it that we can't race lower class cars in events? I can't race a D in a C or a 500hp car in a 600hp! So irritating! I don't care whether the announcer tells me I'm not at the right level, I may want to do it anyway!

You can do this, you just proceed to the race and ignore the announcer.

How about random rewinds to to ruin the momentum of your race. T10 have also added this wonderful bug just for us!

What?

How about the fixed point of view in the cockpit? Pointless having such a nice cockpit we can't even see properly. We have to trick the game to do it. TDU had an adjustable cockpit view and that was one of the first games for the XBOX360!

You can adjust the cockpit view

No back fire sounds or flames!

I've had plenty of backfires from full on race cars, and they do spit flames, just not ridiculously large ones. Because that rarely happens in real life.

The only people slagging this game off are the obsessive comulsive morons who spend so long looking at the details on the badges and the tyre walls that they forget to PLAY THE DAMN GAME!

IT'S A GAME. IT'S MEANT TO BE PLAYED AND USED FOR HAVING FUN.

People are finding faults in the most ridiculous things to try and slate a game which, judging by the metacritic score and my own experience, is very very good. Who, in all seriousness, gives a damn about having the rear bench remain in the car when the weight reduction has been done?

If you're noticing things like this you need to get out a lot more. Socialise with people, stay out late, have FUN. My god.

w00t!111111!11!!11

Oh. Sorry. Just extremely excited that my order was shipped and I'll have it first thing tomorrow morning; I hope it doesn't arrive before I have the chance to go pick up the Standard, otherwise I ain't picking that up until Wednesday. :lol:

Back