Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,814 comments
As we lower a car, its bottom half shrinks while its greenhouse remains the same and the lowered car is left in a state of visual imbalance.
But with today's crash safety requirements, the beltline on most cars have been higher than ever. So wouldn't lowering a car, shrinking the bottom half, balance the shape of the car?

But with today's crash safety requirements, the beltline on most cars have been higher than ever. So wouldn't lowering a car, shrinking the bottom half, balance the shape of the car?
Sure...if designers simply took designs prior to modern requirements and bloated them below the beltline. I like to think a little more effort goes into it than that.

34440056622_7604168373_b.jpg

On its own, 996 Turbo wheels - although it would have to sport Toyota centre caps to not annoy me - would be a sweet mod. That's just ruining it.

Camaro, Mustang, Challenger.
Yeah I was still in the "excessive lowering is bad" frame of mind and hadn't viewed it from the retro money-grab angle.

Edit: I really intended to copy the quote and edit the above statement; whoops!

I feel like that's in the wrong thread. Put ir in Odd Modified car thread and you're golden.

That steering 'wheel' though, you'd need tough gloves for that one. Ouch.

So what you're looking for is a one single unified opinion on whats questionable? Yeah, not gonna happen.

It's a bit different when questionable is somehow considered to be wheels from a Mustang. Sure, it can look out of place, but it's hardly a concerning, questionable decision. But that's just me.

SVX
It's a bit different when questionable is somehow considered to be wheels from a Mustang. Sure, it can look out of place, but it's hardly a concerning, questionable decision. But that's just me.
A lot of people also find ride height to be questionable. You're essentially doing what you've complained about in the past; Just like you think everyone has they're own idea's of tastefulness, the same goes for what's questionable.

A lot of people also find ride height to be questionable. You're essentially doing what you've complained about in the past; Just like you think everyone has they're own idea's of tastefulness, the same goes for what's questionable.

I'm not saying it's only tasteful or anything, but I think the questionable-ness of a Focus with Mustang wheels isn't really the same thing as 2001 rice era imports, or genuine what-the-hell decisions. I don't look at the Focus and question his life decisions the same way as a Corolla made of bog.

Back