Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,814 comments
Carscoop_2000GT_MX5_009.jpg

I fail to see what's wrong about the replica of the one-off convertible. I mean, it's the most reasonable way to have it, unless you have an enormous ton of money to buy the car from "The Living Daylights", right?
Perhaps there's a poor choice for a base car?

I fail to see what's wrong about the replica of the one-off convertible. I mean, it's the most reasonable way to have it, unless you have an enormous ton of money to buy the car from "The Living Daylights", right?
Perhaps there's a poor choice for a base car?
Slapping chintzy body panels onto a Miata does not a Toyota 2000GT convertible replica make--at best it's a "tribute," like a shortened Countach made from an unstretched Fiero.

It could be worse, though...

70004022852010083100100.jpg

Slapping chintzy body panels onto a Miata does not a Toyota 2000GT convertible replica make--at best it's a "tribute," like a shortened Countach made from an unstretched Fiero.
I see, thanks for pointing it out.
Perhaps Honda S2000 would've been a better base? It has proportions more similar to 2000GT's.

It could be worse, though...

70004022852010083100100.jpg
Now this is just plain bad quality.

Besides the chrome mouth in the front, I'm strangely liking this. Although maybe in a different color... like black.

That 3000GT however is just bad.

I have the nagging suspicion it's Mansory--what with the general tastelessness of the restyling and the presence of forged carbon fiber--and Man am I sory.

As little interest as I have in new Ferraris, this is a fate I don't wish upon them.

I've seen exactly one 350Z that made those fenders work. And it's an absolutely insane track car that runs 325 wide slicks all around.

Back