Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,803 comments
Probably it has been posted before, but oh...
amazing-worst-concept-cars-0-spotted-ricers-page-838-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-640x327.jpg
Yup, I've seen that here several times.

part of me wants to puke.. part of me almost actually kind of likes it... yea the wheels are TERRIBLE but its a nice color, looks like it was sprayed well.... and as tacky as it is normally the chrome peices aren't all that out of place on it, I actually really like the chrome hockey stick stripe... if the vents were less "AutoZone" and changed the wheels back, I'd rock it

I do take comfort in the fact that MOST of the time a delorean gets painted is because it was once wrecked... so this was possibly a basket case at some point

What? Why?
Because I've never seen anything by Liberty Walk that doesn't belong in this thread. Myself and most others think their work is pretty awful and I think it epitomises all the wrong things about modifying cars: expensive, prioritises looks over function, ostentatious. and generally it just screams "look at me, I have more money than sense".

Wow...I think I can actually taste the ugly.

That has a huge wing on it now.

_DSC8932-557
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC9087-651
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

Well, the license plate tells you everything you need to know (even if you don't want to).

"Pass it on" How about no.

Ken

I know there's a liberty walk kit on it (and the most terribly, lazily installed one I've ever seen), but are we not gonna talk about the fact they put a mesh grille over the stock grille AND headlights? If we're talking impracticality here...

Last edited:
Yes, there is such thing as "too 80s".

tumblr_ntbzx4xAHh1r2dcdfo1_1280.png

"Corvetty", a 1980 Mazda RX-7 with a bodykit made to look like a C3 Vette.

tumblr_nhexajXm7y1r2dcdfo1_1280.png

tumblr_nhexajXm7y1r2dcdfo2_1280.png

Porsche 959 bodykit on VW Beetle.

tumblr_ngyn82oc5i1r2dcdfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngyn82oc5i1r2dcdfo2_1280.jpg

Rolls Royce V12 Merlin

tumblr_mszi30QKWQ1r2dcdfo1_1280.png

tumblr_mszi30QKWQ1r2dcdfo2_1280.png

Rolls Royce V12 Merlin

tumblr_mszi30QKWQ1r2dcdfo1_1280.png

tumblr_mszi30QKWQ1r2dcdfo2_1280.png
Yeah...the presence of John Dodd's 'The Beast' in this thread is what's questionable. The man even defended it in court because Rolls-Royce fat cats didn't like the use of their trademark grill shell and Spirit despite the fact that, by weight, the car was majority Rolls. He lost, not necessarily because of, but surely due in part to, his making a mockery of the proceedings, at one point even riding a horse to the courthouse because if 1000hp is excessive, only one should be more appropriate.

Yeah...the presence of John Dodd's 'The Beast' in this thread is what's questionable. The man even defended it in court because Rolls-Royce fat cats didn't like the use of their trademark grill shell and Spirit despite the fact that, by weight, the car was majority Rolls. He lost, not necessarily because of, but surely due in part to, his making a mockery of the proceedings, at one point even riding a horse to the courthouse because if 1000hp is excessive, only one should be more appropriate.
Literally everything I post in every thread seems to dissatisfy you, so I'm not surprised.

None of that really convinces me that the Merlin isn't questionable. I mean, look at it. It's still absurdly ugly, regardless of what the backstory may be.

Literally everything I post in every thread seems to dissatisfy you
And yet I only objected to 'The Beast.'

Also, that's a very interesting position to take when you yourself have complained about something you posted in the odd modifications thread being posted here--it was a Hyundai Veloster with giant chrome side pipes, flame decals that didn't line up, and A CHROME SPOILER--and when you show no hesitation to object to others' assertions in the "tasteful modifications" or "cool/custom/prototypes" threads.

Edit:

Literally everything I post in every thread seems to dissatisfy you
This has me wondering; which of your countless posts in countless threads did I actually object to? It seems to me that you've mistaken "literally" for "figuratively," and that the latter isn't really applicable either.

Last edited:
And yet I only objected to 'The Beast.'

Also, that's a very interesting position to take when you yourself have complained about something you posted in the odd modifications thread being posted here--it was a Hyundai Veloster with giant chrome side pipes, flame decals that didn't line up, and A CHROME SPOILER
That really wasn't a complaint. Also, it's questionable and odd at the same time, and I chose to put it in the odd modifications thread.

That really wasn't a complaint. Also, it's questionable and odd at the same time, and I chose to put it in the odd modifications thread.
Then what was it? If it's both, there's no logical reason to comment on its presence in both threads.

Should I take you not refuting the implication of your propensity to get pissy about what others post as an acknowledgement that your position is a hypocritical one?

And should I take your lack of examples that demonstrate my propensity to object to your posts as an acknowledgement that you may have exaggerated? The last objection I recall was to the implication that that Zagato-designed Alfa SUV was any less like vaporware than a rehashed supercar from Vector Motors, and for the life of me I can't recall any others.

Edit: Oh yeah, the bloated Mazda6. Boy, I guess it really is everything.

Last edited:
Back